You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I see the lad is getting a pounding in some parts for his part in a goal last night.

I wish people would lay off the lad and move on. De Gea made more mistakes than Karius last season but he isnt getting anything like the kicking Karius is.

Are you comparing Karius to De Gea? What’s the punchline?

• 2 years later...
8 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

It's never nice to see a player just fall apart. The way some fans were happy to ignore the basic brutishness of Madrid's players in order to add fictions to the facts to mock their own player wasn't appealing, either. 

Yeah, I especially love how his redemptive arc was so low key...

• Upvote 4

That video was outrageous. I think Klopp was originally planning to keep him till the pre season friendlies started and he was clearly shot to pieces. Allison showed up days after that. The lord works in mysterious ways

5 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I couldn't give a toss about what videos he or his agency put out. That's not an integral aspect of the issue. 

Kind of is.

This was his response to the single worst game ever played by a Liverpool player, in the biggest of all games.

Some hyperbolic nonsense spouted by both detractors and defenders, but the essential thing is that he massively, massively shit and I'm not going to lose any sleep about him not stealing a living here anymore.

• Upvote 9

18 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I couldn't give a toss about what videos he or his agency put out. That's not an integral aspect of the issue. 

Least he never got the Bond gig, imagine him driving an Aston Martin.

‘ Mr Bond this a normal cigarette lighter and this is a button that causes an oil slick, oh for fuck sake Bond I’m covered in fucking  oil and I only asked for a light ‘ ‘ Sorry Q’

21 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Kind of is.

This was his response to the single worst game ever played by a Liverpool player, in the biggest of all games.

Some hyperbolic nonsense spouted by both detractors and defenders, but the essential thing is that he massively, massively shit and I'm not going to lose any sleep about him not stealing a living here anymore.

He has hardly been skint through the whole process either. I doubt he wasn't able to feed or clothe any of his kids either. He'll still command a wage from some lower level club so will hardly be scrimping and saving for his pension.

5 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Was he actually concussed or not? I still don't know

According to the neurologists who tested him, he showed 23 of the 24 symptoms of concussion after Ramos' forearm smash that went unnoticed by the ref during the game.

But whatever, Ive no beef with Karius now despite spitting feathers at the time. Jurgen promoted him to number 1 way too early and he always looked a bundle of nerves to me almost every game he played.

He shouldnt have replaced Mig when he did and yes I know, he was, shall we say, unpredictable, in games as well.

• Like 1

I can't imagine why anyone is arsed about him. He's been a complete failure, highlighted at the biggest possible stage. His team mates were so upset with the photo shoot he did after Kyiv, they needed to speak to the manager about it. And throughout all this he's continued to earn a wage most people can only dream about. There aren't many of us in life who can fail professionally to such a catastrophic level and walk away financially successful. Just sport and politics maybe.  

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You need to make sure you drop it to make it realistic.

Hyper-realism would be paying for a bottle of Champagne, and finding out the bottle is full of piss.

Sort of like buying a goalkeeper for millions of pounds and getting a useless sack of shit instead.

9 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

According to the neurologists who tested him, he showed 23 of the 24 symptoms of concussion after Ramos' forearm smash that went unnoticed by the ref during the game.

But whatever, Ive no beef with Karius now despite spitting feathers at the time. Jurgen promoted him to number 1 way too early and he always looked a bundle of nerves to me almost every game he played.

He shouldnt have replaced Mig when he did and yes I know, he was, shall we say, unpredictable, in games as well.

Neither keeper were good enough although Mig had really dipped in order that Karius was picked for the later end of the season, if memory serves. Ali has highlighted that we should never just make do in terms of the keepers position. Reina, in his early days was decent, but was never quite top drawer.

The 2018 thing has been done to death. Im far more comfortable attributing that particular evening to the thundercunt that is Sergio Ramos. Karius of course, has his fair share of blame. The photo/video bollocks was ill considered and if he was injured in the game, he should have said so. Nobody wants to come off in a European cup final of course, and genuine concussion impacts decision making. Buts its been done time and again and I am not particularly interested in raking it up.

The big danger sign was the lads inability was the fact that match had impacted him. He has never really gotten over it. We have seen keepers make howlers, especially in big games, but there is generally a bounce back. Im not sorry he isnt pulling on the green/lilac or black shirt for us again but hope the lad can go and forge some sort of career for himself.