You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

I think he was alright when he came into the team in the second half of last season up until the final. Made a couple of good saves in the Derby and against Newcastle. I don't remember any glaring errors up until the final. Not that I ever thought he was going to be good enough by the way.

I think this is probably fair. 

He looked appalling up until his few months at the back end of last season. Before the final he almost did enough (considering the relatively short sample size) to look like a competent Premier League keeper. Even if that wasn't really quite good enough for a team of our ambitions.

However, then there was the final. I think the Instagram stuff is relevant. Obviously he shouldn't be getting death threats, etc, but social media is rife with absolute cunts so if you're in the public light and you don't want to read deeply unpleasant (and worse) things about yourself then fuck it off. If you've been horrendously shite in the biggest game of them all, and you're serious about attempting to make amends, then you fuck it off.  You knuckle down, and do everything you can to appear humble and show it really hurts. 

If you don't, well, you look like you're not all that arsed. Whether that's really the case or not.

• Upvote 7

That's beyond harsh. He stood in front of supporters apologizing and crying his eyes out after the final. He didn't hide and took responsibility. He has absolutely no need to bow to the cunts on social media who wish him harm. 

And you have no idea what you're talking about with this narcissism crap. You're doing the classic supporter thing of thinking a player is a cunt because you think he's terrible when he's done nothing wrong off the pitch. 

I wholeheartedly disagree. I don't think he is a cunt. I think he is completely broken, and tears in front of the supporters doesn't take away the fact he is utter dogshit and cost us a chance to win. The social media I'm not on except for facebook so I have no idea what people write to him. And I don't care frankly. If you post on that shit especially those partying boat pictures that appeared on here you are in for a world of abuse from people who take offense from a player earning millions and seems to quite frankly don't give a shit a few days after the final.

He is a see me, hear me character. A Collymore light. He should have shut the fuck up and stayed off social media. Instead he went and put himself in the limelight acting a fucking smartass infront of still reeling fans. Now that can get to fuck. 

• Upvote 1

I think this is probably fair. 

He looked appalling up until his few months at the back end of last season. Before the final he almost did enough (considering the relatively short sample size) to look like a competent Premier League keeper. Even if that wasn't really quite good enough for a team of our ambitions.

However, then there was the final. I think the Instagram stuff is relevant. Obviously he shouldn't be getting death threats, etc, but social media is rife with absolute cunts so if you're in the public light and you don't want to read deeply unpleasant (and worse) things about yourself then fuck it off. If you've been horrendously shite in the biggest game of them all, and you're serious about attempting to make amends, then you fuck it off.  You knuckle down, and do everything you can to appear humble and show it really hurts. 

If you don't, well, you look like you're not all that arsed. Whether that's really the case or not.

Can't really disagree with that.

Uh, mate, you seen Firmino's Instagram? Not exactly dripping in "working class values" but I don't see anyone caring about that, mostly because he's an amazing footballer.

Probably better if people just admitted they hate Karius because he's bad not because he's apparently a narcissist because of an Insta post.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I might offer a different perspective on this whole 'Hating Loris' thing.

After the final, I felt quite sorry for him. Living thousands of miles from Liverpool, I'm not nearly as emotionally attached to the team as most here, so I wasn't looking for an outlet for any anger/frustration. I understand the backlash, but I thought Karius needed support and the opportunity to redeem himself to the fans, on and off the pitch. He appeared to be broken.

He wasn't perfect before that game, but I felt that if he wasn't completely broken after his blunders, he should get another chance to prove his worth. 

After watching that video of him prancing around LA (or wherever) I completely lost all sympathy for the man. As others have said much better, it just shows poor judgement and a lack of remorse. You have to be pretty clueless, self-absorbed and out of touch, if you can't see how that would turn anyone (and everyone) against you. 

It did for me. But then, he probably doesn't care.

his confidence is shot that stood out like a sore thumb last night  to top that with he knows he will be on the bench from the end of the month won't help that,As for the whole social media bullshit to me no human being deserves that level of abuse death threats etc im disgusted that those that call themselfs supporters would stoop to such low levels.Yes he has been poor but we have a new no1 keeper coming in so why carry on the absolute fucking assassination on a personal level its really not called for.Yeah say he is shit but threats on his life and his family are out of order....whatever happened to YNWA or does that just apply to those that are right on top of there game or is it down to the price tag ?  

Yes, of course everyone making threats on social media is a Liverpool fan, stands to reason.

Anything posted on Twitter really shouldn't be taken seriously as a death threat IMO.

Karius hasn't helped himself. Throwing the ball at an opponent's boot was a bad start, followed by woe is me crying at the end followed by 'he had concussion honest guv' followed by more fuckups followed by slagging off people who've slagged him off certainly grates.

As Neko has said the man lost much of the sympathy some fans had with the video's over the summer. Really he would have been far better keeping his head down and if he wanted video's then show some of you training for this season.

Its a bit like the Saints player Marcus Williams who fucked up a simple tackle costing the Saints a chance at the NFC Championships last year. He has put out videos in the offseason, weeks after the game but they have all been like the one below. Might be a bit cringeworthy/rocky esq but its not look at me swimming in a pool in hollywood.