You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

So a week ago he was going to be Liverpool's no 1 and now he is Leicesters back up.

Nice work

He probably found out Alisson was on his way and felt there was no chance of getting games. Can't blame him, if couldn't get past Karius and Mignolet there's no way past Alisson.

I like him and was happy to see him improve as the season progressed. But you can't get away from that final, even if I suspect the concussion may have affected him somewhat.

I think one of his biggest issues is that he'd never give up social media, for better or worse. You often hear of players cancelling accounts etc to avoid the opinions of Joe Schlub. In his circumstances, it can't be a good thing.

He needs to play in competitive games and deal with the heckling asap, to get back on the horse, so to speak. For that reason, I'd like him to go out on loan to clear his head. Despite the revisionism on here by some, he actually did put in plenty of decent performances last season.

• Upvote 1

I like him and was happy to see him improve as the season progressed. But you can't get away from that final, even if I suspect the concussion may have affected him somewhat.

I think one of his biggest issues is that he'd never give up social media, for better or worse. You often hear of players cancelling accounts etc to avoid the opinions of Joe Schlub. In his circumstances, it can't be a good thing.

He needs to play in competitive games and deal with the heckling asap, to get back on the horse, so to speak. For that reason, I'd like him to go out on loan to clear his head. Despite the revisionism on here by some, he actually did put in plenty of decent performances last season.

I was actually thinking about this myself and thought that if a player was genuinely serious about sorting themselves out that the first things to go would be social media and all of those distractions it brings. If it was me as manager I'd also tell him to cut his hair and stop trying to look like a gay Samurai. Short back and sides and get serious about your profession. A loan would be the best idea for him but we'd also need another goalkeeper as I wouldn't want the pear maker as our back up either.

I hope the No.1 squad number is taken off him and he needs to bin off all his LK1 gear and get his license plate changed. That will probably bother him more than what happened in the champions league final the fake teared bellend

All joking and insults aside this 1LK bullshit reeks of horrifically bad advice from his agent or his "people". Looks like he's been advised to invent a brand for himself to gain credibility and confidence. I doubt he has the brains to put such a horrendous plan together on his own. In that respect I do feel a little sorry for the bloke. Not overly sorry, just a bit.

• Upvote 1

I don't know Karius and he may well be tremendous fella but from day one he has looked out of his depth, Said it before but he should go back to Germany and try and rebuild his career as he will always carry the burden of his fuck up in the CL final whilst he remains in England, 

Klopp bears a lot of the responsibility for not recognising he bought a dud much earlier and waiting another year before spending the money required, 

• Upvote 1

All joking and insults aside this 1LK bullshit reeks of horrifically bad advice from his agent or his "people". Looks like he's been advised to invent a brand for himself to gain credibility and confidence. I doubt he has the brains to put such a horrendous plan together on his own. In that respect I do feel a little sorry for the bloke. Not overly sorry, just a bit.

Spot on.  If he thinks LK1 and that video are acceptable, considering where he is in his career, then he doesn't understand what it takes imo.

He obviously doesn't have the cringe gene either.

How can you not feel sorry for him on a human level, at the very least? He basically wrote the death warrant for his own career in the biggest game on the planet in the most harrowing way imaginable. The Alisson transfer will ease the pressure on him, if anything. He’ll do well to not be in the spotlight for a while.

He’s a multimillionaire with virtually no real troubles in the world, will move back home and be fine. He’s going through a tough period due to his own poor performance, I can’t feel that sorry for him.

It’s all relative, isn’t it. He’s still a young lad who’s completely fucked his career in the most humiliating, public way I’ve practically ever seen and has been ruthlessly replaced. (In the best way ever)

Hope he sits on the bench for a year, regains his confidence and then joins a reasonable European tier team, because he’s still a talented keeper capable of playing at a high level.

It’s all relative, isn’t it. He’s still a young lad who’s completely fucked his career in the most humiliating, public way I’ve practically ever seen and has been ruthlessly replaced. (In the best way ever)

Hope he sits on the bench for a year, regains his confidence and then joins a reasonable European tier team, because he’s still a talented keeper capable of playing at a high level.

Judging by his Instagram posts/video and LK1 brand, I don't think it's really affected him that badly. He's a deluded cunt but that might work in his favour at another club if he can settle.

• Upvote 1

How can you not feel sorry for him on a human level, at the very least? He basically wrote the death warrant for his own career in the biggest game on the planet in the most harrowing way imaginable. The Alisson transfer will ease the pressure on him, if anything. He’ll do well to not be in the spotlight for a while.

Mate on a human level we don't know him. I fell more sorry for the fans having their dreams crushed by his inability to perform at the level expected.. Highly paid sportsmen are happy to take millions from the game they can't expect sympathy when they let the club down,

That said I certainly have no interest in taking to social media and acting like a cunt towards him, Prefer he just packed his bags tbh. 

• Upvote 1

Obviously you feel sorry for him as a person, he is young and what he did will never be forgotten.  He will need help to ensure this doesn't do him in.  Money doesn't give comfort but can help pay for any help he may need.  A good agent would maybe tell him to sack off the social media and hire a sports psychologist.  However, i doubt this is realistic  as an agent wants to make money!