You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

When you say "we all" that doesn't include Jurgen Klopp. (For what it's worth, it doesn’t include me either.)

My only concern is whether Ramos broke him psychologically. If Klopp is confident that Karius is good enough, then I'll trust his judgement, because he knows what he's talking about more than anyone round here.

If Klopp is confident Karius is good enough then he's wrong.

It must be relaxing always trusting the manager just because he knows more about football than most.

If we go into the season with this useless sack of shite it's sabotage pure and simple.

That's my gut feeling too but Klopp obviously rates the lad . Can understand why he would want to keep faith given he plucked him out of relative obscurity at very young age but talented or not he needs to move on imo, Too much baggage at Anfield now and he will be under the microscope at every turn. Klopp should probably recognise the pressure he will be under and cut his losses however strongly he may feel about Karius's credentials, If he goes onto shine elsewhere I'll not be surprised but he should draw a line under his Liverpool career.

Sweet baby Jesus. A keeper misses a ball in a pre match warm up for the first pre season fitness game and we are all doomed. I guess the other players were not allowed a mistimed shot on the goal during the warm up as well.

It's not quite like that is it?

It's a lot easier to get your body in front of a ball than to time a shot exactly perfectly so it rifles into the top corner.

The keeper is a fucking clown and I refuse to believe klopp thinks he's good enough.

Perhaps once we receive a big enough offer for mignolet we will see a replacement come in

It's a lot easier to get your body in front of a ball than to time a shot exactly perfectly so it rifles into the top corner.

The keeper is a fucking clown and I refuse to believe klopp thinks he's good enough.

Perhaps once we receive a big enough offer for mignolet we will see a replacement come in

Klopp is sticking to the Beckenbaur concussion theory.

That's my gut feeling too but Klopp obviously rates the lad . Can understand why he would want to keep faith given he plucked him out of relative obscurity at very young age but talented or not he needs to move on imo, Too much baggage at Anfield now and he will be under the microscope at every turn. Klopp should probably recognise the pressure he will be under and cut his losses however strongly he may feel about Karius's credentials, If he goes onto shine elsewhere I'll not be surprised but he should draw a line under his Liverpool career.

Relative obscurity? He was rated one of the top keepers in the Bundesliga ffs

• Upvote 1

It is like that though. It was a bloody pre match warm up for goodness sake.

Relative obscurity? He was rated one of the top keepers in the Bundesliga ffs

He was a promising young player in Germany not an experienced keeper ready to play for a massive club. Look at the keepers all our rivals have and ask yourself why we should be taking chances on rookies in goal, The one position where you if you have money and ambition you do nit skimp and buy the best you can get. We have failed miserably to follow that rule.. 

He was a promising young player in Germany not an experienced keeper ready to play for a massive club. Look at the keepers all our rivals have and ask yourself why we should be taking chances on rookies in goal, The one position where you if you have money and ambition you do nit skimp and buy the best you can get. We have failed miserably to follow that rule..

I agree. The thing is, we, as a club, have never done that. Clemence, Grobbelaar, James, Westerveld, Carson, Dudek, Reina, Mignolet, Karius, etc. Some went on to be to be very good/great goalkeepers, some didn’t, but not one of them was one of the best goalkeepers in football, when we signed them.

• Upvote 2

OK.

It wasn't a warm-up kick-around prior to the first pre-season friendly.

It was something completely different. Of course.

He has one job, get his body behind the ball.

I don't care if its pre season, during season or post season. He should be able to do it any fucking time, especially when his manager has just put his fucking faith in him and its the first game back.

Klopp clearly doesn’t rate him, same way Klopp didn’t rate the Matip/Lovren partnership same way he didn’t rate our midfield. He waited for the perfect players in them positions the same way he is with Karius, he said it himself that it’s pointless spending 10s of millions on a player that’ll only give you a slight improvement when you could wait and maybe spend a bit more but get your No.1 target, I’m 100% certain that if Roma lowered their fee on Allison he’d be here in an instance and Karius would be out the door but at the moment he’s obviously and rightly seen the best option we have so Klopp has no choice but to try to instil some confidence back and get him back to an acceptable level.

Klopp clearly doesn’t rate him, same way Klopp didn’t rate the Matip/Lovren partnership same way he didn’t rate our midfield. He waited for the perfect players in them positions the same way he is with Karius, he said it himself that it’s pointless spending 10s of millions on a player that’ll only give you a slight improvement when you could wait and maybe spend a bit more but get your No.1 target, I’m 100% certain that if Roma lowered their fee on Allison he’d be here in an instance and Karius would be out the door but at the moment he’s obviously and rightly seen the best option we have so Klopp has no choice but to try to instil some confidence back and get him back to an acceptable level.

I think doesn't rate is probably a bit harsh, but other than that this is exactly what's happening

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk