You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Actually I find Werthers excellent sweets but I will get the old girl to pick up a packet when she next does the shopping.

Get a multi-pack mate to be on the safe side.

Repped for calling me a scoundrel, actually laughed at that. Old school.

Why do you take stuff so seriously. I realise you will probably join your mate in his sentiments but it is a genuine question.

Joining my 'mate'...and you accuse me of taking things seriously...

Frigging hell!

There is literally nothing to be gained from getting embroiled in an online argument with you so i'll bid you a good day.

If i didn't get your "piss take" about "Ronnie" then i apologise.

Ok?

Joining my 'mate'...and you accuse me of taking things seriously...

Frigging hell!

There is literally nothing to be gained from getting embroiled in an online argument with you so i'll bid you a good day.

If i didn't get your "piss take" about "Ronnie" then i apologise.

Ok?

I love it when you get serious and say everything is an argument by me yet you steam in and it is only your view. Now that maybe is something you should apologise over.

I love it when you get serious and say everything is an argument by me yet you steam in and it is only your view. Now that maybe is something you should apologise over.

Go and have a think about how many people on here you have exactly the same kind of dicussions/problems with as this one now.

It couldn't just possibly be you and not all those other different people could it...?

Now that said it is Bank Holiday Monday, it is a nice enough day and frankly sitting having a discussion like this with a stranger on the internet is not really what i want to do with my day, so enjoy your day and ta-ra....

• Upvote 1

Go and have a think about how many people on here you have exactly the same kind of dicussions/problems with as this one now.

It couldn't just possibly be you and not all those other different people could it...?

Now that said it is Bank Holiday Monday, it is a nice enough day and frankly sitting having a discussion like this with a stranger on the internet is not really what i want to do with my day, so enjoy your day and ta-ra....

What you call the same problem with different people with is the same type of people as yourself. The ones with the loudest voice the ones who want to force an agenda because their view is the only view. The very same reason the Rev left this site because some people took exception to his views. Sure one person was the catalyst but the principle is there.

Lets see. I am a manc wum now. Presumably that is a wind up merchant right. Yeah I am sure a manc never mind a manc wum would post the comments I have on the Final thread and other match threads. Some peope need to give their heads a wobble and get past the paranoia.

I gather there have been others who have left the site for the same reason. The in crowd did not like their view so rounded up on them. But that is what the board is about and you always turn comments you do not agree with from another poster as being argumentative. That is the ace you and others always try and play.

As I said have a different opinion to a number of gold members and you all want to join in the kicking.

Haha, I like the comments about sitting on the internet having a discussion with a stranger is not what you want to do. I think in my own opinion you understand you maybe need to re visit what the internet and a fan forum is about. But toodle pip. Enjoy your day.

Karius signing has made me wonder about how our scouts / management actually finds a player do we use stats provided or do we physically go and watch the player ?  The season before we signed Karius he was the no.1 shot stopper in the bundersliga (as in he saved a higher % of goal bound shots) which is no small feat i read that he was comanding in his area his positional play was excellent ect but to be honest a few decent stops aside ( and there were some really good saves towards the end of the season) ive not seen any of the above, so do we base the signings on stats 1st and formost or do we watch the player for more than 1 game because surely had we watched him for 5-10 games we would have seen the weaknesses there not just Karius by the way we have had too many "the new this or that" over the last few years for it to be just unlucky.

Karius signing has made me wonder about how our scouts / management actually finds a player do we use stats provided or do we physically go and watch the player ?  The season before we signed Karius he was the no.1 shot stopper in the bundersliga (as in he saved a higher % of goal bound shots) which is no small feat i read that he was comanding in his area his positional play was excellent ect but to be honest a few decent stops aside ( and there were some really good saves towards the end of the season) ive not seen any of the above, so do we base the signings on stats 1st and formost or do we watch the player for more than 1 game because surely had we watched him for 5-10 games we would have seen the weaknesses there not just Karius by the way we have had too many "the new this or that" over the last few years for it to be just unlucky.

I think most top clubs now use a mixture of old fashioned methods and computer software to monitor players. I know it is fashionable but I do not really think we sign players just by watch You Tube or at least I hope we do not.

Re BaIe's first goal , if you had DeGea and Neuer both in the goal they would have struggled to stop that one , and as for not closing down, Mane actually diverts the cross ( Which is unfortunate as it happens, as it takes it perfectly to Bale). It's bad enough for Karius without making things up.

I watched a 360 video of Bale's proper goal and it's harsh to criticise Karius for it, IMO.

Nobody is expecting Bale to do that. That's why the defence is stood off him a bit. Karius is the same. He hasn't anticipated it either. He's following the ball across his goal, by stepping to his left.

With the pace and dip that Bale gets on his shot, it's very dificult for Karius to stop the left directed momemtum, balance himself centrally, then start going to his right instead, so as to generate the base to push from and the necessary lower leg power and spring to make any sort of proper dive to his right.

That's why his dive is more up and backwards. That's all he could do in the short time that it takes the ball to get from Bale's foot to the goal.

He was fucking shite on the other two though!

Bizarre. I like the fact Karius gets the ball moving quickly but that Benzema one is just brain fart territory call it what you will. But it does not matter whether the keeper takes his time or not.

My anger during the game over his performmance has abated as I just do not see the point dwelling on it. Our next keeper will hopefully move the ball out quickly.

Has anyone got any actual evidence that Achterberg is a shit coach or we all just basing it on that every keeper has got worse since they arrived never mind improved at all, I see it all the time on here, Twitter and Instagram that it’s all his fault and I’ve always wondered why and how anyone would know if he’s a shit coach or have I missed something about him?

Feel for Karius. Of course, like everyone else, I was cursing his mistakes. Was he arrogant ? Was he still smarting from the Ramos elbow a couple of minutes before ? Not for you or me to say. We know he isnt good enough, we know he has mistakes in him. and as small consolation as it is, he had the stones to apologise. Trouble is, end of season, no more games, its hard to get that out of the system, with no game forthcoming. Hope he gets help to deal with this.

Has anyone got any actual evidence that Achterberg is a shit coach or we all just basing it on that every keeper has got worse since they arrived never mind improved at all, I see it all the time on here, Twitter and Instagram that it’s all his fault and I’ve always wondered why and how anyone would know if he’s a shit coach or have I missed something about him?

Before Achteberg people used to blame Joe Corrigan so I'm tempted to think we're just repeatedly buying average goalkeepers, which is understandable when funds are tight and have been for a number of years.

I can sympathise with those wanting to look for other reasons though, especially ones which seem easy to address.

Haha. The classic excuse of a scoundrel. If you want to think I am a manc go head. Does not make you right. You will be calling Rev a manc next. Certain posters on this board seemed filled with paranoia about who is who.

Scoundrel? Sounds like a disagreement from around 1820.