You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

On a human level I feel sorry for anyone crying.

That includes the myriad Liverpool fans left in tears after their goalkeeper melts in their biggest game in 11 years.

He wasn’t even crying, I’ve seen zero tears on his face when he was meant to be crying. My Mrs who knows fuck all about football even pointed it out when he was saying sorry.

• Downvote 1

On a human level I feel sorry for anyone crying.

That includes the myriad Liverpool fans left in tears after their goalkeeper melts in their biggest game in 11 years.

And that's the problem neither Mignolet or Karius are mentally strong enough.

Ditto plenty of outfield players too.

He was fake crying on the pitch. When he moved his hands from his face there were clearly no tears.

He won’t give a shit this morning. He’s the sort of person who doesn’t. He’s earning a shit load of money and now a lot more people in the world know who he is and will follow him on Instagram. 

Amazing.

Across Facebook, Twitter and this forum I've seen so many comments about last night's game; most of them fired by emotion, rather than reason, and lots of them pretty fucking wacky as a result.

But that there stands out for batshit fruitloopery of the highest order.  The stupidest fucking thing on the internet.

Well done, you.

He won’t give a shit Angry. If he was the sort of person who did he wouldn’t be doing schoolboy stuff like rolling the ball into the opposition strikers shins because he would have remembered the last time he did it and how it cost his team. The problem is that the last time he did it he didn’t care and this is the result.

He won’t give a shit Angry. If he was the sort of person who did he wouldn’t be doing schoolboy stuff like rolling the ball into the opposition strikers shins because he would have remembered the last time he did it and how it cost his team. The problem is that the last time he did it he didn’t care and this is the result.

Bollocks.

And as for "there were no visible tears, therefore he's not arsed"  that's just... that's just not how humans work.  You don't necessarily shoot jets of water out of your face every time you're upset, even when you're inconsolable.

giphy.gif

To be honest I'm not interested in whether he's arsed or not, crying or not, I'm interested in fucking replacing the useless twat.

And not with Butland which would be like putting a plaster over a knife wound.

Oblak or Allison.

Someone at the club sort it out.

• Upvote 1

It's hard to be too angry because he's always been wank and pretty much all of us knew this.

It's best for all concerned if moves back to the Bundesliga or the jungles of Borneo or something. There's no way he can wear the shirt again after that.

Jesus. People claiming the player did not have streams of tears cascading down his face so he was faking it or else he is not bothered. I am more bothered that not a single one of our players went and had a word with the lad. Not one. You can include our current captain or the one many seem to think is our future captain in waiting.

Bollocks.

And as for "there were no visible tears, therefore he's not arsed" that's just... that's just not how humans work. You don't necessarily shoot jets of water out of your face every time you're upset, even when you're inconsolable.

giphy.gif

It’s not the fact that he’s not crying. It’s the fact that he’s pretending that he is. He won’t give a flying fuck. As I said before if he was the sort of person who did then he wouldn’t have done what he did.

Karina isn’t wank, but he’s got the same problem as Lovren or David James, pressure gets to them. Lovren is offset by playing VVD next to him, but in the sticks is a totally different case.

How the fuck does pressure make you roll the ball into a strikers shins? He’s an arrogant braindead gobshite.

• Upvote 3

Klopp has to take his slice of the shit for picking him.

Why when Mignolet is worse?

We’ll see if Klopp buys a first choice keeper in the summer or not and if he doesn’t and Karius makes more blunders then next season Klopp has to but for now it’s not on Klopp at all, that’s ridiculous to say it is.

Jesus. People claiming the player did not have streams of tears cascading down his face so he was faking it or else he is not bothered. I am more bothered that not a single one of our players went and had a word with the lad. Not one. You can include our current captain or the one many seem to think is our future captain in waiting.

Let’s sell all of the players and keep Karius then. See how that works out. If he had made that second fuck up alone I think the players would have been around him. The first thing is the crucial one though. It’s not handling error or mishit. It’s a fucking arrogant braindead choice he made and he’d make it again tomorrow because he’s a fucking arrogant thick cunt and the players not going over to him should be telling you everything you need to know.

Why when Mignolet is worse?

We’ll see if Klopp buys a first choice keeper in the summer or not and if he doesn’t and Karius makes more blunders then next season Klopp has to but for now it’s not on Klopp at all, that’s ridiculous to say it is.

To be fair, Kloppo bought Karius to solve the keeper-problem we had. He has to take some responsibility. We need better in the sticks.

It’s not the fact that he’s not crying. It’s the fact that he’s pretending that he is. He won’t give a flying fuck. As I said before if he was the sort of person who did then he wouldn’t have done what he did.

That's not a "fact".  That is, specifically, the bullshit nonsense I'm taking issue with.

Maybe you've never been in a situation where you're emotionally devastated.  Maybe you've never had a really bad relationship break-up or lost a close relative or friend.  Or maybe you're one of those people who, when you are crushed, has free-flowing tear ducts.  Good for you.  The truth is that it's perfectly normal for people to go through all the physical and psychological grimness of sobbing uncontrollably without their tear-ducts kicking in.  It's wrong to judge a person on their skin; not just the colour of their skin, but the performance of the glands in their skin.

He was crying.  He was not pretending.

He fucked up twice.  He knows he let everybody down.  And, at his lowest ebb, when running away and hiding was an option, he public apologised, face-to-face to the fans.  He took responsibility.   That deserves some respect.

• Upvote 1

He made two huge mistakes, one of which wouldn't have mattered had it been officiated correctly but that's football. He also made some really important saves. I get being mad, I get thinking he's shit and needs to be replaced, but to say he was fake crying and doesn't give a fuck?! That's fucking ridiculous.

Let’s sell all of the players and keep Karius then. See how that works out. If he had made that second fuck up alone I think the players would have been around him. The first thing is the crucial one though. It’s not handling error or mishit. It’s a fucking arrogant braindead choice he made and he’d make it again tomorrow because he’s a fucking arrogant thick cunt and the players not going over to him should be telling you everything you need to know.

Your hyperbole is a little over the top you think. If you read my other posts you will know I have said they were schoolboy errors. Everyone knows you do not roll the ball out across a striker. I do not know what he was thinking.

To be fair, Kloppo bought Karius to solve the keeper-problem we had. He has to take some responsibility. We need better in the sticks.

It was a £4m gamble that hasn’t worked mate, it’s not like he brought him in and has backed him all the way, he brought him in it didn’t work, he took him out and realised the other guy is useless and has no capacity to improve so he brought his buy back in who has the potential to improve and by and large he has improved this year but his level of improvement isn’t good enough to be a goalkeeper in a CL final.

Like I said wait and see if he’s replaced, if he’s not and makes more mistakes next season then questions on Klopps judgement of him then needs to be questioned but for now Klopp gets a pass.

• Upvote 1

Absolutely.  Whatever happened to "win as a team, lose as a team"?  Whatever happened to YNWA?

Yeah, they probably were pissed off with him at the time.  And that is precisely the time they need to reach out to him.  He let them down with those two fuck ups, but they let him down with their reactions.

• Upvote 1

He made two huge mistakes, one of which wouldn't have mattered had it been officiated correctly but that's football. He also made some really important saves. I get being mad, I get thinking he's shit and needs to be replaced, but to say he was fake crying and doesn't give a fuck?! That's fucking ridiculous.

What one was officiated incorrectly?

• Upvote 1

That's not a "fact". That is, specifically, the bullshit nonsense I'm taking issue with.

Maybe you've never been in a situation where you're emotionally devastated. Maybe you've never had a really bad relationship break-up or lost a close relative or friend. Or maybe you're one of those people who, when you are crushed, has free-flowing tear ducts. Good for you. The truth is that it's perfectly normal for people to go through all the physical and psychological grimness of sobbing uncontrollably without their tear-ducts kicking in. It's wrong to judge a person on their skin; not just the colour of their skin, but the performance of the glands in their skin.

He was crying. He was not pretending.

He fucked up twice. He knows he let everybody down. And, at his lowest ebb, when running away and hiding was an option, he public apologised, face-to-face to the fans. He took responsibility. That deserves some respect.

This “he deserves respect and he took responsibility” is just nonsense. We know he was responsible. Him admitting it changes nothing. What else is he going to say? It was Mane’s fault? It was the ref etc. I can’t speak for anyone else but the specific thing I’m pissed off about is the first goal. The second goal is shocking but it can happen. Mistakes like that have happened and will happen again to even the top keepers. The first goal though doesn’t. It doesn’t even happen to average keepers. Only a certain type of a cunt concedes a goal from something as braindead as that and it’s indicative of the character of the man. (I’m obviously making a lot of assumptions there but I’m entitled to!)

• Downvote 1

That's not a "fact". That is, specifically, the bullshit nonsense I'm taking issue with.

Maybe you've never been in a situation where you're emotionally devastated. Maybe you've never had a really bad relationship break-up or lost a close relative or friend. Or maybe you're one of those people who, when you are crushed, has free-flowing tear ducts. Good for you. The truth is that it's perfectly normal for people to go through all the physical and psychological grimness of sobbing uncontrollably without their tear-ducts kicking in. It's wrong to judge a person on their skin; not just the colour of their skin, but the performance of the glands in their skin.

He was crying. He was not pretending.

He fucked up twice. He knows he let everybody down. And, at his lowest ebb, when running away and hiding was an option, he public apologised, face-to-face to the fans. He took responsibility. That deserves some respect.

My opinion is that he clearly does give a fuck and he deserves huge respect and it took balls to go over to the fans when he could have walked away and hidden but his crying didn’t look convincing to me at all and it’s wrong to say he definitely wasn’t crying because only he knows and I don’t have a clue but I just don’t think it was entirely genuine, it looked like he was trying to make himself cry. He even wiped away tears that weren’t there.