You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Think it through. We wont sell w/o a replacement - there’s other positions to fill before spending on a GK.

Did we sell Gerard for slipping, in the club’s most important game since the Prem was set up? No we didn’t. Did Gerard get over it? Yes he did.

Steven Gerrard didn’t need to recover from the slip, as he had accrued ample goodwill from fans at that point.

Similar sort of abuse Lovren has received on more than one occasion? He's still here and will be next season.

I think you might be overestimating the importance of social media? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have allowed him back on the team bus last night but this just isn't how Klopp operates.

Lovren has fucked up in comparatively meaningless games. Karius has fucked up on the game's biggest stage and is a complete laughing stock.

Doesn't matter how Klopp is, he needs to leave Liverpool and England altogether if he wants to salvage his career. I can't believe anyone thinks he'll still be here after last night. 

Think it through. We wont sell w/o a replacement - there’s other positions to fill before spending on a GK.

Did we sell Gerard for slipping, in the club’s most important game since the Prem was set up? No we didn’t. Did Gerard get over it? Yes he did.

Are you right in the fucking head mate? Comparing a proven winner and leader who brought us multiple trophies to a shithouse chancer of a keeper who's stealing a living? Have a word with yourself.

Just re-watched Bale's second goal. Jesus christ on a bike, Karius needs a visit from this guy. 

tumblr_mpwaqjUkUq1so5joko1_500.gif

Are you right in the fucking head mate? Comparing a proven winner and leader who brought us multiple trophies to a shithouse chancer of a keeper who's stealing a living? Have a word with yourself.

Just re-watched Bale's second goal. Jesus christ on a bike, Karius needs a visit from this guy.

tumblr_mpwaqjUkUq1so5joko1_500.gif

Ok, the comparison was a poor one.

However, Karius is our first choice keeper, and whatever war chest we have put aside for next year’s assault on the season, it will be seriously dented with the purchase of a proven keeper - proven is what is necessary if you want instant dismissal. Potential wont cut the mustard.

Klopp will make his feelings known, but so far, he has placed much trust in Karius, and personally, overall, I think his season has been good.

Ok, the comparison was a poor one.

However, Karius is our first choice keeper, and whatever war chest we have put aside for next year’s assault on the season, it will be seriously dented with the purchase of a proven keeper - proven is what is necessary if you want instant dismissal. Potential wont cut the mustard.

Klopp will make his feelings known, but so far, he has placed much trust in Karius, and personally, overall, I think his season has been good.

I don’t really care much for the state of our ‘war chest’. If a world class goalkeeper is available then of course we should go for it. Klopp has only spent £18m net on his squad over three and a bit years, so we should have enough cash for what we need in theory.

I agree that he had a much improved season, but I still don’t think he’s quite good enough or ever will be.

I can see klopp keeping faith with him and playing him next season.

It’s times like this I wish he was a bit more like houllier as he’d fuck him off without a seconds hesitation & it’s ultimately the right choice.

Can't be doing with all the name-calling for Karius. He showed he hasn't got the mentality for the biggest stage. We need to replace both him and Mignolet. Just do it and move on. No need for nastiness.

• Upvote 1

Can't see a way back for him after that, truly appalling performance. Quite apart from his confidence and ability he'll be under immense pressure from the off, should he stay as number 1, and he doesn't seem strong enough to cope with it.

Similar sort of abuse Lovren has received on more than one occasion? He's still here and will be next season.

I think you might be overestimating the importance of social media? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have allowed him back on the team bus last night but this just isn't how Klopp operates.

It's worth mentioning that any "fan" who gives players abuse on social media is a fucking cunt who wants binning out of the club.

I've actually Tweeted a message of support to the lad; not because I felt like, but because it's the right thing to do.

It's worth mentioning that any "fan" who gives players abuse on social media is a fucking cunt who wants binning out of the club.

I've actually Tweeted a message of support to the lad; not because I felt like, but because it's the right thing to do.

To be fair it was bloody decent of you to wish him well for next year in the Transylvanian semi-pro division like that.

• Upvote 1

No nastiness , just business, he needs replacing. I have always been a strong believer in having a strong spine to a team and spreading outwards from there. VvD, Keita and Firmino are all excellent but the goalie is an obvious weakness.

If we want to get back to being  permanently in and around the top table we cannot rely on a goalie who seems to pat most shots back into the path of opposition forwards, has zero physical presence and makes regular howlers. He has seemed better since Xmas but a lot of that is down to the defence getting its act together. Can we afford to have a starting keeper who was not even in the discussion to be 3rd choice German goalie for the WC if we want to be special ?

On reflection I do feel sorry for him but he's done at this club now and needs to carve out a career elsewhere, maybe Bundesliga where he looks more comfortable.

For his own sake he needs to go away and get out of the limelight and slowly build up some sort of reputation again because he just had the worst goalkeeping performance I can ever remember in such a high profile game and it was in front of 400m+ viewers who are all now laughing at him. To make one of them blunders in such a game is despicable for a professional but to make two in the same game is unforgivable.

Honigstein made a good point yesterday that the kind of mistakes that were made and subsequent abuse and replays that’ll be played for years are the type of mistakes that are hard to forget and that Robert Enke struggled massively to come to terms with when he was alone.

I put it down to him we lost!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I don't to be honest even if I'm not a fan.

We were punching above our weight and we lost one of our boxing gloves early doors. That's why we lost IMO.

Can’t share the hate and anger towards someone who looked like he did at the end. Dreadful all round. He should naturally be done at the club, best for all concerned. Even if Klopp extends his customary hyper-loyalty to new heights, trying to help him redeem himself here is obviously doomed to failure.

1) Because he just has that rashness and weakness in him, and we don’t need it. (I get that some would say “Because he’s fucking dogshit”, and that works too).

2) Because keepers just don’t get over that sort of omnishambles and it will haunt him endlessly, making him even more likely to meltdown than he already was.

3) The stain will remain on him. He’ll always be heckled for and defined by it over here, no matter what else he does now. He’s already had to be removed from the firing line once because the pressure was melting him.

That was an hors d'oeuvre compared to what he’ll face now, internally and externally.

Fully get how Klopp will react to him in the aftermath. He’s a genuinely pastoral, empathetic human who wanted to be a doctor, like. He’s not going to want to add to the psychological trauma the lad is going through. He’ll be devastated for the man, however revolted he may be by the player’s errors, and will understand that whatever his wage and Instagram activity, it isn’t going to anaesthetise the pitch black place a young kid will be inhabiting mentally after this.

Helping him and standing alongside him as a human to get through some of that is one thing, it’s exactly what has given us such great team spirit and what makes players like Van Dijk pick us when he has his choice of better-placed, wealthier clubs.

Trying to rehabilitate him with a view to continuing to play for us is another entirely. Would be killing the player, the club and himself with kindness.

• Upvote 4

I’m going to make a massive load of assumptions about him because I’m still massively pissed off. I believe all of them to be completely true though. My take on it.

He was fake crying on the pitch. When he moved his hands from his face there were clearly no tears.

He won’t give a shit this morning. He’s the sort of person who doesn’t. He’s earning a shit load of money and now a lot more people in the world know who he is and will follow him on Instagram. The first mistake he made was indicative of his character. He’s arrogant enough to not concentrate. In tight games like last night you need to make the opposition work for their goal. This cunt doesn’t care about that and will take risks and do stupid things because he thinks he’s the best keeper in the world.

Klopp will have been telling everyone to treat this like a normal game. If you think up the gravity of it then it can put you off and you won’t play to your potential. He should have been all over this cunt though telling him the exact opposite. He’s probably pulling shit like this most days in training. He’s done loads of stupid shit.

People can say it’s down to the coaching and maybe it is but you can’t really out coach not rolling the ball into the strikers legs. It takes a certain level of stupidity mixed with arrogance to do something that colossally shite.

It was telling that the players didn’t go to him. They probably seen it coming. Henderson getting into him at the end of the last game is another sign. People like Karius can’t be talked to. They will do it their own way and this is the result when their own way is wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1