You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

On 10/6/2018 at 9:28 AM, VladimirIlyich said:

His problem is that his head is totally fucked and he has zero confidence at all. Grobbelaar made some absolute howlers but he had supreme confidence in his own ability,Karius has very little of that.

Can't agree with the confidence bit.  I think his confidence in his own ability exceeds that ability.  He's an average keeper who believes he's a top flight keeper.  He may well develop to that level long term, the only thing that is absolutely certain is we've upgraded on him.  Big time too.

6 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

Can't agree with the confidence bit.  I think his confidence in his own ability exceeds that ability.  He's an average keeper who believes he's a top flight keeper.  He may well develop to that level long term, the only thing that is absolutely certain is we've upgraded on him.  Big time too.

A perfect description of most of our goalies since Grobbelaar with a couple of notable exceptions.

Dropped by Besiktas now I have read. Towards the back end of last season he looked quite decent (he had a mistake in him but most mid-tier keepers do) but since the final his head has completely gone, I fear he's fucked and may as well stick to modelling.

There seems to be a few on here that would happily see Karius walk into the Saudi embassy and come out in a couple of suitcases. 

It's weird, he is Liverpool player had tried his best, wasn't good enough and was replaced with someone better. He never pissed in anyone's cornflakes on purpose. Like all reds that done their best I wish him nothing but good fortune. 

2 hours ago, No2 said:

There seems to be a few on here that would happily see Karius walk into the Saudi embassy and come out in a couple of suitcases. 

It's weird, he is Liverpool player had tried his best, wasn't good enough and was replaced with someone better. He never pissed in anyone's cornflakes on purpose. Like all reds that done their best I wish him nothing but good fortune. 

Good for you.

i genuinely feel for the lad.

Yes i know he makes loads of money, but the lads confidence, and general mental health looks shot to pieces.

I hate to say it but i honestly think he'd be better retiring and becoming something else, because he's never going to make it in a top league ever again. Regardless of football, even for the lads sanity and mental well being, he might be better doing something different.

He can reconcile himself by lying beside a pool getting a bj off a super model whilst eating an ice cream, whilst also filming her arse on a drone.

And after his blobber he can count his money and go for a drive in his Porsche.

But it’s his career at the end of the day? Don’t fuck up in the biggest game of your career then post a video looking like William De Large Balls.

Wastrel!

12 hours ago, Elite said:

Dropped by Besiktas now I have read. Towards the back end of last season he looked quite decent (he had a mistake in him but most mid-tier keepers do) but since the final his head has completely gone, I fear he's fucked and may as well stick to modelling.

Oh dear. That means we're going to get him back again. Not to worry, Achterberg will sort him out in no time.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Aggers Elbow said:

According to the Beeb gossip column, Besitkas want to send him back in January and swap him for Origi..

His head must be totally melted, maybe time for a career change. Hopefully not goalkeeping coach as Achterbergs assistant.

I can just imagine them searching for the receipt and trying to bring him back. 

"Erm excuse me sirs, I'd like to return this goalkeeper we've loaned" 

"yeah sure what's the problem" 

"Well it doesn't work as advertised" 

"In what way" 

"Well we hired him to stop the ball going in the net during matches, but he's only managed to do that once"

"yeah we've been hearing that a lot lately,  it's a common fault with this keeper, have you got your receipt so we can issue the refund? " 

"No we seemed to have lost it" 

"oh well sorry mate, I can't give you cash back, I can sort you out with a replacement goalkeeper though, we've got a Mingolet spare" 

"Nah fuck that, can we have Origi instead?" 

"yeah that shouldn't be too much trouble, he's not playing right now anyway, thanks for your business mr besiktas" 

Seems so weird seeing stuff like this, like a vague bad memory. Can't imagine Alisson ever doing daft shit like this and smirking afterwards. 

7 hours ago, Aggers Elbow said:

According to the Beeb gossip column, Besitkas want to send him back in January and swap him for Origi..

His head must be totally melted, maybe time for a career change. Hopefully not goalkeeping coach as Achterbergs assistant.

See, even Besitkas reckon putting Origi in goal is a better risk return than Karius. 

• Upvote 3