You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

AS an older goalie & quieter personality I think Simon would be less trouble as back-up , and it gets rid of all the circus that will follow Loris around. Not sure anybody will want to take Karius on at this point so the potential of a fee for Mig may make the decision.

AS an older goalie & quieter personality I think Simon would be less trouble as back-up , and it gets rid of all the circus that will follow Loris around. Not sure anybody will want to take Karius on at this point so the potential of a fee for Mig may make the decision.

That's it really... No one would touch Karius with a shitty stick at this point, so we're going to hope that a few matches in the League cup and such might get him transferred out next summer.

Plus the rumoured 60k pw we pay Mig as against 25k for Karius.

I cant see both going before the window, and certainly without one coming in, given Ward as gone off too.

Mig would command a reasonable fee as he has recently signed a long contract. Karius would need regular football imo, so a move off to the Bundesliga, away from spotlight/fans/meejia cunts would benefit him more than the odd dead rubber or league cup game where everyone will be on his case if he farts the wrong way.

In that scenario where they both leave, what would you do for cover ? I dont know much about the young lads that have gone on the tour and their ability to step up if Allison gets injured or suspended, or would we look to bring in a grizzled veteran, who isnt Willy Caballero, but a sfe pair of hands ?

Liverpool consider offloading Loris Karius and Simon Mignolet before summer transfer window closes

Liverpool could offload goalkeepers Loris Karius and Simon Mignolet before the transfer window closes, after the £65 million signing of Alisson.

Karius is emerging as a target for Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen while Barcelona and Besiktas are showing interest in Mignolet, the Belgium international.

Jurgen Klopp is open to the prospect of selling both goalkeepers after the arrival of Alisson from Roma, with rookie keepers Kamil Grabara and Caoimhin Kelleher also understood to have impressed the Liverpool manager in pre-season.

Karius is considering his future after the arrival of Alisson, the Brazil international, and there are concerns over the psychological impact of the Champions League final against Real Madrid.

The German endured a nightmare evening, committing two high-profile errors, and while Karius was later diagnosed with concussion, there remain doubts over whether he can recover from the showpiece in Kiev.

Bayer Leverkusen sold Bernd Leno to Arsenal last month and are searching for a new goalkeeper, with Karius understood to be on their list of targets.

Mignolet is also attracting interest and Liverpool will demand a fee of around £12m for the 30-year-old, who was withdrawn from the club's training camp in France.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/31/liverpool-consider-offloading-loris-karius-simon-mignolet-summer/

There is absolutely no way Barcelona are interested in Mignolet.

Just read it out loud the two clubs interested are Besiktas and one of the top 10 clubs in the world.

Huh?

Real took Dudek

As a back up wouldn't be shocked at all

Dudek had won serious silver as an integral part of a great team -- and after the move he never played.

He was also well into his 30's

There is no chance that Barcelona are looking at Mignolet.

In fact, I am so sure that instead of my hat, I will eat Lifey AND Fuge's breakfasts if he goes there.

• Upvote 1

Something in the region of 20M for him and Mig combined, added to the 12M for Ward is half of Alisson's fee and probably the equivalent of his wages off the books too. Solid business if it pans out that way. 

I wish him all the best, but I think he's done at Liverpool. 

Something in the region of 20M for him and Mig combined, added to the 12M for Ward is half of Alisson's fee and probably the equivalent of his wages off the books too. Solid business if it pans out that way. 

I wish him all the best, but I think he's done at Liverpool. 

If we manage to sell two awful goalkeepers for £20million (about £7million more than we signed them both for) that would be a feature on either Sale of the Century or Crimewatch.

If we manage to sell two awful goalkeepers for £20million (about £7million more than we signed them both for) that would be a feature on either Sale of the Century or Crimewatch.

If £21M can be fetched for Ibe and Smith (before this new era of mental fees too), then £20M for those two (especially considering the Ward valuation) isn't exactly outrageous. 

Get rid of most of these players and there’s no reason why we can’t bring in that creative attacker we lack.

Unless the barrier to doing so is nothing to do with money and everything to do with Klopp’s opinion on what we need and when we need it.

Unless the barrier to doing so is nothing to do with money and everything to do with Klopp’s opinion on what we need and when we need it.

Well, he has obviously made a few comments about how we could have done with Coutinho for the rest of the season. And we did also try to buy Fekir. So I reckon Klopp might like another player with a bit of creative bojangles. Could well be that the Fekir falling through means that he's going to go with what we have for now as there isn't another player available right now who he fancies. I.e. we've got an eye on someone else we can get this time next year who is better than the options available now.

Selling Karius to Leverkusen won’t help any future plans to sign Julian Brandt.

If Roma slapped a Salah tax on Alisson because Monchi was red-faced over the deal, Brandt’s price will go up like a bag of rice ten years ago in Zimbabwe once Loris shows them what he’s got.

Selling Karius to Leverkusen won’t help any future plans to sign Julian Brandt.

If Roma slapped a Salah tax on Alisson because Monchi was red-faced over the deal, Brandt’s price will go up like a bag of rice ten years ago in Zimbabwe once Loris shows them what he’s got.

Buying Brandt names is always more expensive.