You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Karius made loads of mistakes prior to that final. Off the top of my head just from the run of games after he came back:

- Punching the ball on to Milner for the disallowed goal away at City.

- Throwing the ball to Van Dijk under pressure in the first minute away at City.

- Fumbling Kolarov's shot on to the bar at home to Roma.

- Taking out Dzeko for what could have been a pen and red card against Roma but for Dzeko being incorrectly given offside.

- Parrying out straight to Dzeko when he scored in the away game in Rome.

- The pen he gave away at Palace when he came storming out his goal and clattered their player.

- Sane's goal at Anfield in the league where he shot through him at the near post.

In the end his luck ran out and his team mates weren't able to bail him out this time. Had we lost any of those games due to his mistakes then he would have come under scrutiny much sooner.

I don't think he has the ability or mentality to play at the top level. I'm glad we have someone on board now that hopefully does have those things and hope the club support Karius through coming to terms with what happened in Kiev away from the spotlight.

VVD had fuck all to do with the numerous good saves Karius made in that time. It’s all here nor there now, neither of them will ever start regularly again.

I

I disagree, having a decent defender in front of him makes his job much easier.

Things like corners, he doesn't get caught out as much from short range headers/doesn't need to commit himself as much.

Attackers have a harder time getting into good goalscoring positions, so the quality of the shots is lower.

Bit more confidence at the back, not just from stringing a few clean sheets together, but confidence in each other to do their jobs, so they aren't being caught out of position or panicking when the ball is in the box.

I don't think there's many that I'd call fantastic saves, been a few good ones, but they were long range shots so Karius had enough time to get to them, don't remember any lightning fast reflex type saves. And has he ever saved a penalty? I don't remember him ever doing so.

I'm convinced Mingo would have seen the same level of improvement if he was the one that happened to be in the side at the time, people seem to keep forgetting that we had to drop Karius in the beginning because he was so utterly shite, and Mingolet was chosen ahead of him. This isn't about the champions league final, he's always been like this.

• Upvote 1

This situation is actually quite worrying and I don’t mean from a footballing point of view. The lad is mentally broken, I can understand Klopp hoping he could play through it, but it’s clear that isn’t going to happen.

I’m not sure what best course of action is, but it’s not subjecting him to 40.000 people who are watching mistake after mistake.

This isn’t about ability, he’s proven he has some, it’s now become something deeper. I feel for him.

Yeah I agree with that. It's just a game at the end of the day, he hasn't killed anyone. I think he's having a go at people for giving him stick on social media but that's just social media these days, you could donate all your money to charity and still get people lining up to give you shit.

Saying that, if you're consistently bad at something to a quite magnificent degree and people criticise you for it, I don't think criticising the critics for that fact is probably the best thing to do. Some responsibility and corrective measures need to be enacted.

I'm not gonna lie and say he's a good keeper or that we should keep him, but he doesn't deserve dogs abuse or to have his career damaged beyond repair. The best thing for everyone is that he gets away from England and tries to rebuild his career.

• Upvote 1

For his own sake he needs to go to a new club soon. Even on loan, with a perm move to folllow.. Possibly a team less in the spotlight. A lower tier team.

He's young and can get over this.

The fact he is having a pop at people on social media with passive aggressive posts and it is only pre season proves how desperately we needed to replace him and backs up all the comments about how the pressure would just mount and mount.

He's cracked and the season hasn't even started.

Get him moved on for everyones sake - he is a liability and his attitude stinks.

He’d do well to keep his head down, get off social media and concentrate on playing football somewhere. All he’s doing is increasing the spotlight on himself and the club and highlighting his woeful performances further - and this is just pre season, imagine what it would be like when real stuff starts if he was in our goal.

He's his own worst enemy.

There's loads of knobheads on Twitter but most are the equivalent of knobheads in the pub after a few drinks who say all kinds of shit.

If he got his head down, stayed off instagram and his attitude was better then not many people would get wound up by him.

People used to get wound up by David James laughing off constant mistakes blaming it on his lack of concentration because he played computer games. Then he'd just make the same errors over and over again. Also decided that it would be a good thing to go and model for Armani.

Yeah I agree with that. It's just a game at the end of the day, he hasn't killed anyone. I think he's having a go at people for giving him stick on social media but that's just social media these days, you could donate all your money to charity and still get people lining up to give you shit.

Saying that, if you're consistently bad at something to a quite magnificent degree and people criticise you for it, I don't think criticising the critics for that fact is probably the best thing to do. Some responsibility and corrective measures need to be enacted.

I'm not gonna lie and say he's a good keeper or that we should keep him, but he doesn't deserve dogs abuse or to have his career damaged beyond repair. The best thing for everyone is that he gets away from England and tries to rebuild his career.

Depends if people are sending you death threats and shouting 'you're fucking shit' in your face. Nobody should be subjected to that shit. 

I honestly don’t know what planet you have to be living on to think that Karius is a better goalie than Mignolet. Mignolet isn’t good enough, we know that. He’s a fuck up merchant who you can’t rely on. Separate to that though he has had long periods of playing well, making solid saves and dealing with crosses. He wasn’t playing world class but he was making saves. Karius got in because in the end Mignolet started fucking up again and we’d all seen it before a few times.

In his second stint in goal we all thought Karius did okay. In hindsight now it was clearly down to Van Dijk coming in. He wasn’t making blinding saves. He wasn’t even making solid ones. We just weren’t conceding many goals. If you look at both their careers here Karius doesn’t even come close to Mignolet. He’s a fuck up merchant who is also absolute dogshit. It’s hard to understand how he ever got to this level.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

The sooner the vain narcissist is out of the club the better. He don't acknowledge his weak goalkeeping and blaims everyone else. Typical narcissitic behaviour. And those you who don't get the medical term please look it up.

Bottom line he is absolutely dogshit and have been the time he's been here. granted he was playing up to average in a few games after he claimed the number one shirt. For now he remains an easy target for everyone. He should stay of social media, but that is impossible for a character like him. Imposter stealing a wage, and he should be fucked off at earliest opportunity, but not one decent club will dare make him first choice. 

The final highlights will be played over and over again, and it will haunt him forever. Finding a doctor to give the answers you want is pretty easy. great excuse, but he keeps continuing making the same mistakes in friendlies, makes you wonder if the little Ramos elbow left him borderline brain damaged.

• Upvote 2

He's his own worst enemy.

There's loads of knobheads on Twitter but most are the equivalent of knobheads in the pub after a few drinks who say all kinds of shit.

If he got his head down, stayed off instagram and his attitude was better then not many people would get wound up by him.

People used to get wound up by David James laughing off constant mistakes blaming it on his lack of concentration because he played computer games. Then he'd just make the same errors over and over again. Also decided that it would be a good thing to go and model for Armani.

Mingolet by comparison does exactly the opposite, he tries not to draw any more added attention to himself after big mistakes, and that's probably why we have more patience for him.

They're both shit, but ones a cunt too.

• Upvote 2

We need a new number 2 goalkeeper.

He won't be up league cup games or God forbid a run in the first team should it come to it.

It simply can't be allowed to happen....look at the noise around him even in meaningless pre season games and him gobbing off on social media during them.

Imagine him in the full harsh glare of the proper stuff.

He's an absolute liability.

The sooner the vain narcissist is out of the club the better. He don't acknowledge his weak goalkeeping and blaims everyone else. Typical narcissitic behaviour. And those you who don't get the medical term please look it up.

Bottom line he is absolutely dogshit and have been the time he's been here. granted he was playing up to average in a few games after he claimed the number one shirt. For now he remains an easy target for everyone. He should stay of social media, but that is impossible for a character like him. Imposter stealing a wage, and he should be fucked off at earliest opportunity, but not one decent club will dare make him first choice. 

The final highlights will be played over and over again, and it will haunt him forever. Finding a doctor to give the answers you want is pretty easy. great excuse, but he keeps continuing making the same mistakes in friendlies, makes you wonder if the little Ramos elbow left him borderline brain damaged.

That's beyond harsh. He stood in front of supporters apologizing and crying his eyes out after the final. He didn't hide and took responsibility. He has absolutely no need to bow to the cunts on social media who wish him harm. 

And you have no idea what you're talking about with this narcissism crap. You're doing the classic supporter thing of thinking a player is a cunt because you think he's terrible when he's done nothing wrong off the pitch. 

• Upvote 1