You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

When we first signed Karius he was number 1, but was so shite we dropped him and we had to play Mingolet again.

But then Mingolet was shite so he got dropped and Karius played again.

Coincidentally we signed VVD around the same time Mingolet got dropped, and magically we weren't leaking goals anymore.

A lot of people gave Karius credit for turning it around, but some of us believe he was just fortunate enough to have been the one wearing the gloves during the shit carousel, when a proper defender showed up to make everybody look good.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that Karius didn't do anything special during his time off the pitch that would have seen him making such an improvement.

And I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that if it happened to be Mingolet's turn in goal when VVD joined, that he would be the one gaining the praise for improving during those couple of months.

VVD had fuck all to do with the numerous good saves Karius made in that time. It’s all here nor there now, neither of them will ever start regularly again.

I

I'd feel sorry for him if I felt he really gave a shit.

I refuse to believe that he is that stupid and lacking in awareness that he couldn't predict how people might view that Instagram monstrosity.

He simply didn't give a shit.

That makes him a dickhead and a bad goalkeeper.  Nothing worse.

I simply don't understand the way we keep going on and on about it though.

Once the bloke started getting death threats on social media was probably the time we should have left the matter alone.

Now, we have the world record signing keeper... and we're still fucking sinking the boot into Karius.

After fucking practice matches.  (Who needs opposition supporters' ridicule, when you've got your own supporters)

He's going, either to the bench or elsewhere.  I'm getting over it.

He should be sent on loan if someone will have him, or if no takers by the end of the month, released and allowed to try and rebuild his career somewhere.

I feel for the lad, in that his career is virtually down the pan at a young age, but frankly it’s reached the point now where he can only fail here. Every minute he plays for us is a minute someone with a chance of a career isn’t getting.

We need to move on, and forget about any issues around wasted money in wages or value of the asset.

For all concerned - including him - he needs to be cut loose and given the chance to start anew somewhere.

The likelihood is that somewhere will be a level below where he should be if last year hadn’t happened, but it did, there’s no going back, and especially now that we’ve bought Alisson, there is no point in having him here.

If Alisson gets an injury, nobody would prefer Karius to play in goal over one of the young lads.

Mignolet's burned my head out and is a limited keeper but my God he's miles better than Karius, at least Mig has had spells where he's looked a very compotent keeper, his first 4 months at the club he was excellent, 2015 under Rodgers, 2016 EL run, made some top saves on way remember one on Bakambu away at Villarael and then arguably his best phase start of 2016-17 season. Mig is linked with clubs like Napoli and Barca, genuinely don't think you could convince any top level club to take Karius.

VVD had fuck all to do with the numerous good saves Karius made in that time. It’s all here nor there now, neither of them will ever start regularly again.

I

Bullshit. All keepers make good saves, even shit ones. It's no coincidence that Karius had a 45% clean sheet record, the 3rd best in the league, just as he started in nets and we signed VVD.

It seems Mignolet gets better every game he doesn't play for us.

Simon is dog shit, Karius is a better goalkeeper but is mentally in shreds. A good portion of our own fans are twisting the knife every chance they get with this man. It's fucking disgusting quite honestly. He fucked up, he got replaced. He'll play in the league cup until the quarters or semi's if we make it that far and then possibly get the odd start in the FA cup depending on who we draw. Other than that the only way he plays is because Alisson got hurt.

• Upvote 4

It seems Mignolet gets better every game he doesn't play for us.

Simon is dog shit, Karius is a better goalkeeper but is mentally in shreds. A good portion of our own fans are twisting the knife every chance they get with this man. It's fucking disgusting quite honestly. He fucked up, he got replaced. He'll play in the league cup until the quarters or semi's if we make it that far and then possibly get the odd start in the FA cup depending on who we draw. Other than that the only way he plays is because Alisson got hurt.

Completely agree. He misplaced a clearance earlier and it was on twitter within the same minute. People are desperate for him to fail so they can have a good laugh and turn it into a meme.

It’s a fucking training game, I can’t get my head around that being blown up to such an extent that he’s faced torrents of personal abuse and death threats etc because of an inconsequential mistake in a fucking friendly, when we signed a replacement for him last week for a fucking world record fee. People are fucking idiots.

• Upvote 1

The online abuse is out of order

But every mistake will be highlighted because he handed the biggest game in world football to Madrid but giving them two goals. Of course he mistake will be shown. And yrs they are a major issue as tbe show he has not improved and cannot handle the pressure of being a number 1 for us.

The lad does himself no favours either with his cringe worthy instragram hollywood shite

• Upvote 1

That makes him a dickhead and a bad goalkeeper.  Nothing worse.

I simply don't understand the way we keep going on and on about it though.

Once the bloke started getting death threats on social media was probably the time we should have left the matter alone.

Now, we have the world record signing keeper... and we're still fucking sinking the boot into Karius.

After fucking practice matches.  (Who needs opposition supporters' ridicule, when you've got your own supporters)

He's going, either to the bench or elsewhere.  I'm getting over it.

No idea about any of the social media stuff, nor have I watched any of the friendlies.

Now that we've sold Ward, my choice for back up out of the other three, I'd rather Mignolet stayed than Karius. Ideally they'd both be binned at we'd do what most other clubs do and sign an experienced back up keeper.

Have we really only taken one keeper on this tour? The lad is being destroyed I dread to think what state his mind will be in by the time it's finished.You only have to read his Instagram post from last night to see this. They have to pull him off the frontline soon.

Have we really only taken one keeper on this tour? The lad is being destroyed I dread to think what state his mind will be in by the time it's finished.You only have to read his Instagram post from last night to see this. They have to pull him off the frontline soon.

My question is still “Why the hell is he still making Instagram posts?” Get the fuck off social media, put your head down, and work on your game, mate.

I blame the club for this ridiculous situation.

I do actually feel for Karius, even though he's utterly useless.

Everyone apart from them could see what was going to happen after his errors so far in pre-season and his broken mental state.

Madness not to take him out of the firing line. Hopefully they will do now. Alisson expected debut should be in Dublin after the US tour.

Mignolet is just as fucking shit too. People have short memories.

If Mignolet and Ward are being sold, then we are going to need another back up keeper.

I blame the club for this ridiculous situation.

I do actually feel for Karius, even though he's utterly useless.

Everyone apart from them could see what was going to happen after his errors so far in pre-season and his broken mental state.

Madness not to take him out of the firing line. Hopefully they will do now. Alisson expected debut should be in Dublin after the US tour.

Mignolet is just as fucking shit too. People have short memories.

If Mignolet and Ward are being sold, then we are going to need another back up keeper.

I feel like blaming the club that just doubled the world record fee in order to fix the situation would be a touch harsh. Klopp will surely pull him.

I

And you had the cheek to call me blind!

He's made one legitimate save that you'd call world class. And that was against Newcastle if my memory serves me right.

Besides that he's never got to a ball that someone like De Gea would. And you know that!

And you had the cheek to call me blind!

He's made one legitimate save that you'd call world class. And that was against Newcastle if my memory serves me right.

Besides that he's never got to a ball that someone like De Gea would. And you know that!

I thought Karius showed signs of potentially being quite good. He was quick off his line, controlled his area, was decent on crosses and saved a few things. Still had a few mistakes obviously, but he was miles ahead of Mig. I believe the stats also showed that he saved around an average amount of shots for a keeper, as opposed to Mig who was down at the bottom of the league.

If it hadn't been for having the worst performance in a major final in the history of goalkeeping I'd have been happy enough going into this season with him as first choice. He was probably not at the top level you'd want, but probably had done enough to give him a shot at seeing if he could improve further.

Unfortunately he did have the worst performance in the whole history of goalkeeping and it definitely looks like his head has gone. So, he needs replacing.

Fortunately we've just signed the most expensive keeper ever to replace him. Hopefully he is really good.

This situation is actually quite worrying and I don’t mean from a footballing point of view. The lad is mentally broken, I can understand Klopp hoping he could play through it, but it’s clear that isn’t going to happen.

I’m not sure what best course of action is, but it’s not subjecting him to 40.000 people who are watching mistake after mistake.

This isn’t about ability, he’s proven he has some, it’s now become something deeper. I feel for him.