You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

While I am still hoping Karius turns out to be at least a half decent gk,I still call bollocks on the concussion theory. Just take responsibility for your own fuck ups please Loris.

Fine. It's one thing to say "I don't believe those doctors"; I just thought Istvan was going too far trying to Jedi mind-trick us into thinking there were no doctors.

There have been a few posts on this forum, the gist of them being that taking Karius out of the firing line and signing someone like Alisson or Oblak will massively reduce the level of pressure and scrutiny on the team. The thing is, spending big on a goalkeeper is going to bring added scrutiny anyway. You can guarantee there will be people on this forum suggesting that spending so much on a goalkeeper means he should be stopping absolutely everything and coming away with a clean sheet from every match. Reality works very differently, and even the very best make mistakes.

In my view, what is important for our goalkeepers is that they are commanding and decisive both in communication and deed, and also consistent. Being able to earn us a few extra points a season is a bonus worth paying a premium for. After that, we have to ensure that our coaching set-up continues to improve them year on year.

There have been a few posts on this forum, the gist of them being that taking Karius out of the firing line and signing someone like Alisson or Oblak will massively reduce the level of pressure and scrutiny on the team. The thing is, spending big on a goalkeeper is going to bring added scrutiny anyway. You can guarantee there will be people on this forum suggesting that spending so much on a goalkeeper means he should be stopping absolutely everything and coming away with a clean sheet from every match. Reality works very differently, and even the very best make mistakes.

In my view, what is important for our goalkeepers is that they are commanding and decisive both in communication and deed, and also consistent. Being able to earn us a few extra points a season is a bonus worth paying a premium for. After that, we have to ensure that our coaching set-up continues to improve them year on year.

The coaching set up really does need to change if we are ever going to start to have top class goalkeepers playing for us again. The results of our current gk coaching set up have been terrible for a long time. Maybe,just maybe both Karius and Mignolet would be palatable if they had better coaches working with them? I realise it's a crazy theory but it's something we haven't tried in quite a while. It could even work out cheaper in the long run too.

• Upvote 1

Who really cares mate, It's just a thin veil to hide the fact he is nowhere near good enough to be our first choice keeper, Why risk yet more chances to find out what we already know.

Yes I get all that. I really do. But it is the false or just plain inaccurate statements being bandied about that I questioned. If Karius is bleating to all and does not accept responsibility then fair enough. I have not seen any evidence of that. All I have seen or rather heard is that he showed 26 of 30 symptoms. Ergo on the balance of probability to me he did suffer concusion. Did that or shiteness cause the two goals is pretty immaterial in the scheme of things as they were the reason for our defeat.

And I keep saying it. I hope Jurgens decision to stick with Karius does not come back and bite him on the bum.

We all saw he was shite from day 1.

We've already been burned with him literally throwing away a champions league.

He'll do the same again.

I get that you don't like him,like many others,but this 'shite from day one' is simply not true. We did get to the final with him in goal and finish 4th with him playing every game since January-ish so he wasn't that bad at all.

PS,I wish Karius went down as much as this new server on here does. It's far worse than Karius and Mignolet's worst performance put together.

No team will win the Premier League without a top keeper. Look through the years at the keepers who have won it:

Schmeichel

Flowers

Seamen

Bosnich (Possibly the exception to my point) 

Barthez

Lehmann

Cech

Van Der Sar

De Gea

Hart

Courtois

K Schmeichel

Ederson

All (with the exception of Bosnich who only played 22 games that season anyway) you would class as very decent keepers. Karius and Mignolet are miles away from anyone on that list. If we sign a top keeper and no-one else I will be happy. 

I just can't see how Karius could start the season as number 1, Danny Ward should start if we're not signing anyone. We should try sign Kasper Schmeichel, surely its time for him to leave Leicester. What would he cost 40 million?

He's pretty ordinary in my view.Tries too hard to be his Dad and not develop his own style.

Both him and Mignolet were stady having atleast one Cock-up each fucking game they played.

Each game I was just waiting for it to happen, hoping that it wouldn`t cost us the game.

I feel sorry for the defenders having to play With one of these two clowns behind them, just knowing each time the keeper has to kick it past the halfway line you never know just what the hell will ensue.

10 clean sheets in 19 League games.

Fucking disastrous.

Yeah, it's really daft. I fucking hated the European Cup Final as much as anyone, but that doesn't mean he was complete fucking shit. In fact, Klopp was being praised for making the decision to stick with him. Him being a useless fucking cunt in the final doesn't mean he was completely useless before that.

Same old shit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don’t see the fuss. We’ve got a shit centre back that’s cost us far more times than Karius, over a number of years now.

Klopp will replace them when he has the cash. He just clearly doesn’t have enough to do it all in one go. Just like he didn’t even have the money to get vvd before Coutinho was sold.

Brilliant save today. Proving himself to be very capable.

That’s a brilliant save just before half time though, without that save we could have ended up dropping 2 points.

How anyone can argue he’s not been a massive imporovement on Mig I’m not sure.

He's been very good recently. I was one of his biggest critics but he's winning me round. Fair play to him.

Incredible save.

That was a De Gea level save.

• Upvote 1

Well played again. A Reds keeper making saves and stopping goals ? Still feels somewhat strange. Keep it going kid.

Made a cracking save there today.

At least i think he got his finger tips on the dipping volley

He’s doing very well. Making good saves, plays on the front foot, fast distribution, is coming for crosses.

I think Klopp will back him as the long term number one.

Yeah but he made just as good a save last week tipping that one on to the bar before we scored.

Yeah, actually two very good saves last week. It's only natural for some to try to take credit away from him, because only a couple of months ago they were saying how ignorant you had to be to think he was better than Mignolet, but they'll come around if he keeps it up. For me, I still think we need a top class goalkeeper but Karius is certainly making a claim.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like him.  Huge upgrade on Mignolet.  Time will tell if he's good enough to remain number 1.

I like the lad hes 10x the player Mongolet is

Karius was good today.

Karius is a massive improvement on Mig, but I want a massive improvement on him too.

I like the cut of Karius's jib.

Another assured performance.  He did this thing where he came off his line and caught the ball numerous times.  Is this allowed?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

And he's not a cowardly shithouse twat.

I am liking the way he is distributing the ball quickly which was something Mignolet never did. And he seems more accurate with his kicking.

Played well again.

If we had signed him this season I would have no qualms with him.

I like how he prevents numerous goals.

Fantastic save again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2