You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

I saw Donnarumma's two howlers for Milan in last season's Coppa Italia final earlier. He's obviously perfect for us and was a role model for Karius CL final performance. De Gea and Muslera have since come out in support of Karius during World Cup games. Goalkeepers showing solidarity.

It is like that though. It was a bloody pre match warm up for goodness sake.

When you are performing or have a record of performing you can get away with most things. But if you have stank the place out like Karius every single detail will be analysed. This is the scrutiny he is going to be under.

I think he should be as far away from Anfield as possible best for us and him but the one thing he has going for him he is not lacking confidence and he's going to need it.

Sweet baby Jesus. A keeper misses a ball in a pre match warm up for the first pre season fitness game and we are all doomed. I guess the other players were not allowed a mistimed shot on the goal during the warm up as well.

Isnt that exactly the problem though?

After his colossal fuck ups in the final all eyes will be on him, and the second he makes the smallest mistake people will get on his back, our fans, opposition fans, the media, jokes and memes on social media etc.

If there's the slightest doubt that he can't handle that mentally then he needs to leave immediately.

If him and everybody around him is 100% certain he's got skin thick enough to take it and also that he has the determination to turn things around and prove everybody wrong then sound, but this is only the beginning, people are taking the piss already because he mishandled a warm up shot in a pre season friendly, things are going to be much much tougher once the real matches start.

He's going to be under tremendous pressure and scrutiny, unfortunately I don't think he has the personality or ability to hack it, Klopp will trust him to sort himself out, but Karius will have a meltdown fairly early in the season, and we'll be using the Mig til January when we pay over the odds to desperately sign somebody decent.

• Upvote 3

I think doesn't rate is probably a bit harsh, but other than that this is exactly what's happening

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yea I guess doesn’t rate is a bit harsh because if he thought he was absolutely useless he’d have shipped him out the second he could. More like he doesn’t think he’s of adequate ability and believes he can be massively improved on, which he’s right.

Isnt that exactly the problem though?

After his colossal fuck ups in the final all eyes will be on him, and the second he makes the smallest mistake people will get on his back, our fans, opposition fans, the media, jokes and memes on social media etc.

If there's the slightest doubt that he can't handle that mentally then he needs to leave immediately.

If him and everybody around him is 100% certain he's got skin thick enough to take it and also that he has the determination to turn things around and prove everybody wrong then sound, but this is only the beginning, people are taking the piss already because he mishandled a warm up shot in a pre season friendly, things are going to be much much tougher once the real matches start.

He's going to be under tremendous pressure and scrutiny, unfortunately I don't think he has the personality or ability to hack it, Klopp will trust him to sort himself out, but Karius will have a meltdown fairly early in the season, and we'll be using the Mig til January when we pay over the odds to desperately sign somebody decent.

What are you more concerned about though. Is it other fans might get on his back or our own fans get on his back. Frankly I do not give a shit what other fans think. Half the idiots think Bobby is shit Mo just got lucky and Klopp is a serial loser.

The point I am making about the warm up slip up is we either back the managers judgement on the player or not. He is not going to dump him because a few keyboard warriors are fainting like girls in hot weather because his keeper missed a ball in the first game warm up.

The only pressure Karius is going to be under is from the scrutiny of our own fans. Whether he has a meltdown or not remains to be seen.

I have said before and I will say it again. I hope Jurgens decision does not come back and bite him on the bum. But I will go with his judgement because he is the manager and his job depends on results.

What are you more concerned about though. Is it other fans might get on his back or our own fans get on his back. Frankly I do not give a shit what other fans think. Half the idiots think Bobby is shit Mo just got lucky and Klopp is a serial loser.

The point I am making about the warm up slip up is we either back the managers judgement on the player or not. He is not going to dump him because a few keyboard warriors are fainting like girls in hot weather because his keeper missed a ball in the first game warm up.

The only pressure Karius is going to be under is from the scrutiny of our own fans. Whether he has a meltdown or not remains to be seen.

I have said before and I will say it again. I hope Jurgens decision does not come back and bite him on the bum. But I will go with his judgement because he is the manager and his job depends on results.

I don't give a shit what the other fans think either, but that isn't my problem.

It's Karius who's going to have to deal with it, and I don't believe he has the fortitude to do so.

I just imagine our first away game, Crystal Palace I think, and every time he makes an insignificant mistake, or has to make an extremely easy save their fans will be sarcastically cheering. Then what happens if that does mess with his head, and causes him to make a mistake that costs a goal? Without hesitation everybody will be on his case, and it'll snowball from there.

I've always said coutois looks like a copper. Watching him the other day I thought he looked like the prick from 101 dalmations who sings about cruella deville only with darker hair. 101 dalmations was a really shit film. Fuck off coutois piss taking adopting a ridiculous amount of dogs po po.

I can't believe he is gonna take risk with this keeper.

It is the pressure that is gonna be the problem for Karius and Dockers you are wrong, pal that pressure isn't gonna come from just his own fans - it is gonna come week in week out from all quarters....every fucking game the pundits and commentators are going to talk about him and what happened just waiting for the next mistake and the spotlight is gonna be shining ultra bright on Karius and us and they will jump all over the first mistake he makes - and when he does make that mistake it will be open season on him from all quarters....especially if it is early in season.

Opposition fans will be all over him and there is probably an element of opposition players will get in his head too over it.

And we are inviting it if we don't jib him.

It will cost us...same as how when we are a goal or 2 up away v shite they don't give up because they fancy it because we have form for letting teams back in....look at other big sides in same situation and often teams just give up in that scenario because they don't have a rep for letting sides back in.

But with him in goal every team, every two bob player and every set of opposition fans will always think there is a mistake in him no matter what and it feeds their belief and he'll prove them right sadly as the pressure mounts and that then snowballs.....he has to go - what he did was too bad in too big a game at too big a club - sadly there is IMO no way back.

For me as unfair as it may seem Klopp has a responsibility to shield the club from it all.

That said if he fronts it all and he is largely excellent and kicks on as a keeper for us then what an achievement for him and what a masterstroke it will be from Klopp - but and it is a big big but in my view i just don't think this story has a happy ending for Karius at LFC.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe he is gonna take risk with this keeper.

It is the pressure that is gonna be the problem for Karius....every fucking game the pundits and commentators are going to talk about him and what happened just waiting for the next mistake and the spotlight is gonna be shining ultra bright on Karius and us and they will jump all over the first mistake he makes - and when he does make that mistake it will be open season on him from all quarters....especially if it is early in season.

Opposition fans will be all over him and there is probably an element of opposition players will get in his head too over it.

And we are inviting it if we don't jib him.

It will cost us...same as how when we are a goal or 2 up away v shite they don't give up because they fancy it because we have form for letting teams back in....look at other big sides in same situation and often teams just give up in that scenario.

But with him in goal every team, every two bob player and every set of opposition fans will always think there is a mistake in him and it feeds their belief and he'll prove them right sadly as the pressure mounts.....he has to go - what he did was too bad in too big a game at too big a club - sadly there is IMO no way back.

For me as unfair as it may seem Klopp has a responsibility to shield the club from it all.

That said if he fronts it all and he is largely excellent and kicks on as a keeper for us then what an achievement for him and what a masterstroke it will be from Klopp - but and it is a big big but in my view i just don't think this story has a happy ending for Karius at LFC.

Will half as much pressure be on de Gea and the Uruguayan keeper when they play next?

Klopp is a brilliant man and coach but he does seem to have a bit of an Achilles heel. He is far too loyal with some of his players and they let him down.

Two European Cup finals have been lost due to this misplaced loyalty. Admittedly we never would be near those finals without Jurgen but it's sad to see the same mistakes again and again. The next crunch game, Klopp will find out again.

Klopp is a brilliant man and coach but he does seem to have a bit of an Achilles heel. He is far too loyal with some of his players and they let him down.

Two European Cup finals have been lost due to this misplaced loyalty. Admittedly we never would be near those finals without Jurgen but it's sad to see the same mistakes again and again. The next crunch game, Klopp will find out again.

It isnt just loyalty,it's also pragmatism.He understands that his job doesn't just allow him to buy £50 million players on a whim and has to get the best he can from what he has.When he spends big he also realises it can only happen when league position or winning a trophy allows it to happen.

He made a good point in that did the concussion help Karius make those 2 good saves? He is also a Gk who has been concussed, at no point has any doctor said Karius was concussed just lots of bullshit

Apart from, y'know, those doctors who examined him and said he was concussed.

https://www.dw.com/en/loris-karius-suffered-concussion-in-champions-league-final-according-to-medical-report/a-44076876

Here's the deal: if Dr Ross Zafonte ever gives advice on goalkeeping, I'll be more inclined to listen to Thibaut Courtois; but on medical issues, I'll more likely trust a doctor than a goalie.

• Upvote 2

Apart from, y'know, those doctors who examined him and said he was concussed.

https://www.dw.com/en/loris-karius-suffered-concussion-in-champions-league-final-according-to-medical-report/a-44076876

Here's the deal: if Dr Ross Zafonte ever gives advice on goalkeeping, I'll be more inclined to listen to Thibaut Courtois; but on medical issues, I'll more likely trust a doctor than a goalie.

While I am still hoping Karius turns out to be at least a half decent gk,I still call bollocks on the concussion theory. Just take responsibility for your own fuck ups please Loris.

Has anyone heard Karius using the concussion excuse for the goals. I have not. All I have heard is reports medical tests said he had 26 of the 30 signs of concussion. I do not think Karius is shirking his responsibility.

Who really cares mate, It's just a thin veil to hide the fact he is nowhere near good enough to be our first choice keeper, Why risk yet more chances to find out what we already know.

• Upvote 1