You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Jesus, indeed. So you think he was concussed but not aware of the fact, nor was the medical staff?

I remember talking to a lad with concussion.  The last thing he thought was he had concussion.  It was a serious one because within ten minutes he was running and we could see he wasn't right.

This was in the days before wider understanding of concussion.  At the time I thought it meant being knocked out.

I was told to take him to hospital and when we got there we noticed he'd wet himself.

True story.

So the point is, if Karius had been affected, it doesn't necessarily mean he would identify it and contact staff.

Maybe we should have got Achterberg to check his shorts.

• Upvote 1

When the keeper reported that he wasn't feeling great, the club referred him to a hospital with which they have a relationship.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44367149

Obvious proof that there's fuck all wrong with him and the doctor is lying as part of a massive conspiracy.

A 6000 mile roundtrip (west coast to east coast and back) because he wasn't feeling great?! Excluding Kiev to Liverpool and onward to California.

A competent GP can diagnose concussion...

I've had mild concussion twice, and I didn't know what day it was when it happened to me.

I was left wandering in a daze, and if someone had asked me if I was concussed I wouldn't have known what the fuck they were on about.

I'm not defending Karius's performance by any stretch of the imagination, but those who haven't genuinely suffered from concussion can have no fucking idea of the effect in can have on your state of mind at the time.

And one of mine was an elbow to the head playing football.

It's hilarious the lengths the Anti-Karius Taliban - the same people who fucking loved saying "I told you so" last week- are going to to try to discredit this medical evidence.

I personally didn't fucking love saying it, but it's fair comment when people are lobbing shitballs at people and claiming they're chatting shit when they're clearly not. And what of any of this is 'medical evidence'? It's all 'maybe' 'it's possible that' over and over again in that statement. 

Some controversial opinions get bandied about on these boards, but I feel anyone on the 'Karius is shite' bus is on pretty solid ground evidence wise to be honest. 

• Upvote 3

Lord Karius. Can't take a slap to the chin, what is wrong with people these days. All tattooed up, wanting to look a hardman. claiming concussion after an elbow who slided like a vaseline punch of him aswell. 

Concussion my ass. I have a permanent concussion after an accident. I know what a fucking concussion does, and it definetly don't show up so late after an incident. Can be a couple of days delayed, but if he felt that elbow, he'd have been feeling it in his legs. If he did he should have alarmed the staff, so this actually makes it even worse his antics on the field.

And you can't fucking boat cruise and party with a " new " concussion without being so dizzy that you either puke your guts out or really feel you need to.

I personally didn't fucking love saying it, but it's fair comment when people are lobbing shitballs at people and claiming they're chatting shit when they're clearly not. And what of any of this is 'medical evidence'? It's all 'maybe' 'it's possible that' over and over again in that statement.

Some controversial opinions get bandied about on these boards, but I feel anyone on the 'Karius is shite' bus is on pretty solid ground evidence wise to be honest.

Anyone who has actually watched Karius since he regained his place would know he's not shite. With Mignolet, Jones and Bogdan, we've seen what shite really is. Karius is 10 times the keeper any of that lot is. I'm not saying he's great, but he's definitely good enough for any of the Premier League's "big six" clubs.

He sometimes makes me nervous when he gets over-confident- such as when he throws or passes the ball too close to an opponent - but he generally pulls it off, so maybe his confidence and self-belief is justified. In fact, the only time I've seen him fuck one of those up was a minute after he'd been twatted in the head. Of course, that's probably just a coincidence.

• Upvote 1

The main questionmark people have is that Karius came into the side around the same time van dijk did, so it could be fair to say that Mingolet might have improved with VVD in front of him.

We can't forget that last season Karius was first choice at first but was so shite that he lost his place to Mingolet, and it took until halfway through this season for Mingolet to be shit enough to get dropped again.

To be fair Karius has made some decent saves since coming back into the side, my main problem with him is he rarely actually tries to catch the ball, always slapping or punching it away. For a keeper at this level it's not good enough.

GK is currently by far our weakest link, up front is boss but could do with depth, Midfield is half decent most of the time, defence is starting to come together nicely VVD and lovren have been solid for the most part, and the full backs are class.

And then GK we have 2 players who constantly outdo each other in fucking up, on a constant rotation of being shit, getting dropped, wait for other keeper to be shit and get dropped, then get your place back for a couple of months again and again.

And ward who apparently is so shit he can't even get the odd look in over the two clowns.

Anyone who has actually watched Karius since he regained his place would know he's not shite. With Mignolet, Jones and Bogdan, we've seen what shite really is. Karius is 10 times the keeper any of that lot is. I'm not saying he's great, but he's definitely good enough for any of the Premier League's "big six" clubs.

He sometimes makes me nervous when he gets over-confident- such as when he throws or passes the ball too close to an opponent - but he generally pulls it off, so maybe his confidence and self-belief is justified. In fact, the only time I've seen him fuck one of those up was a minute after he'd been twatted in the head. Of course, that's probably just a coincidence.

I tend to agree he's not shite.  Whether "not shite" and 10 times better than Brad Jones is what us or the rest of the top six might consider is being a first choice keeper is perhaps another matter.

I think Klopp is the type of person who will maintain the faith in Karius and ideally keep him as second choice.

If we don't buy a keeper, maybe he stays between the sticks and, who knows, maybe that concussion thing is spin as preparation for that.

It's a weird issue, compounded perhaps by the way post-analysis - and footy "propaganda" - is done by the media/PR nowadays.

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/loris-karius-concussion-liverpool-real-madrid-champions-league-final-sergio-ramos/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The disgraceful reaction to Loris Karius’ concussion diagnosis highlights football’s appalling ignorance of head injuries

Concussion is and should be a key issue in sport, no question.

I remember watching a news feature about how many members of the 66 World Cup squad had dementia - Stiles and Peters for example - and people like Jeff Astle not remembering playing football and Jack Charlton having his problems nowadays too... and the constant heading of heavy, wet balls in the 50s and 60s - akin to being hit on the head with medicine balls thousands of times - being cited and seriously discussed as a plausible cause.

Really?

I'd definitely not take him over De Gea, Courtois, Lloris, Ederson, or Petr Monghelmet.

Since Reina/Valero tandem left the club, we've been absolutely diabolical in goal, and we're not gunna win a fucking thing until we solve that issue.  Is it the only issue? No, but its fucking fixable without having a mediocre player holding the position.

• Upvote 1

Ramos might aswell just stood there and punched him ffs 

Fuck me, your post is the first time I've had a proper look at the elbow.

What a colossally cunting prick that Ramos really is... can't believe it's not an issue and officials can't go back through video footage - and do something about this type of violence and cheating. Like chuck him out of football for a while.  I guess biting is worse, even though nowhere near as potentially dangerous as a sharp blow to the head.

Fuck. Me.

• Upvote 1

Literally no one else in the top 6 would consider Karius for a millisecond.

Whether he had concussion or not is irrelevant to the discussion of whether he is good enough. All the release of his medical info does is draw attention away from his fundamental ability as a keeper. And it could be safely argued that this was the entire point of the press release.

Again, I make no claims for or against the concussion evidence. It honestly doesn’t matter.

• Upvote 2

Literally no one else in the top 6 would consider Karius for a millisecond.

Whether he had concussion or not is irrelevant to the discussion of whether he is good enough. All the release of his medical info does is draw attention away from his fundamental ability as a keeper. And it could be safely argued that this was the entire point of the press release.

Again, I make no claims for or against the concussion evidence. It honestly doesn’t matter.

Exactly.  He wasn't good enough before the elbow, and he isn't good enough now.