You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Jose Enrique improved as a keeper with us.

Looked decent when he took over in that game against Newcastle.

Came out and took a nice catch from a cross under pressure.

I doubt he’s ever been coached by Achteburg, so the only keeper that improved while he’s been here is the only one he never went near.

Wouldn’t have him back though, would probably insist on playing in only his underpants.

Makes you wonder what Klopp saw to sign him when he sees so much good in outfield players. Hopefully he knows what makes a good goalkeeper.

I think the gk coaching staff simply have to fall on their sword and accept some of the responsibility for our poor goalkeepers over the years. If Klopp is going to keep Karius in any way, shape or form,a new set of coaches wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

I'm curious why all our keepers turn to nervous wrecks at the slightest mistake. Whatever it is im not convinced of our goalkeeper coaches .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah to be fair Karius has been pretty bad from day one.

I disagree. I think Karius will be a decent keeper when he's older but coming here at such a young age has been too much for him. We have a history of goalkeepers improving dramatically or regaining their form when leaving us. As somebody said earlier in the thread,when you are buying young goalkeepers for a relative pittance and hoping they will come good versus buying established goalkeepers then these things will happen. I also think that half the team should be thanking Karius for taking the spotlight off their shite performances too. Klopp seems to have already spotted this though.

Oh dear Liverpool not happy with Betvictor the kit sponsor. 

A member of staff at BetVictor, Liverpool's official betting partners, posted a video tweet an hour after the match offering the same odds — 5-6 no, 5-6 yes — on whether goalkeeper Loris Karius, whose gaffes led to two Real goals in the final, would be at Anfield next season.

The video tweet was sent out by Jack Jacob Milner, a BetVictor sponsorship/PR manager who had been watching the game from a box at Anfield while entertaining clients.

4CA9B83E00000578-0-image-a-22_1527622865

Liverpool's management were less than impressed that their own sponsors, whose logo adorns the training kit, should react in such a way and made their displeasure known before the team left Kiev.

The video tweet was quickly taken down by BetVictor, who persuaded Liverpool not to take the matter further. But the club want BetVictor to investigate why it happened.

A BetVictor spokesman said: 'We have apologised unreservedly to Liverpool for any embarrassment caused. The tweet was posted from an employee's personal account, without prior knowledge or approval from BetVictor and we are now investigating the matter internally.'

I just can't see how Karius can have any future at this club after two errors like that in such a big game.

The very next time he makes a mistake he will get what happened on Saturday thrown back at him as will the manager/club from all directions and it would just be too much pressure....will lead to more mistakes - not to mention the constant jibes from opposition fans, i don't think he could absorb it all and perform.

For my money those mistakes individually would/could be recoverable from...those mistakes maybe together in same game would be recoverable from...those mistakes together in the biggest game in club football at a club where the spotlight is as intense as it is at LFC from a keeper who has been very questionable in his career just aren't something that can see him come back from - not as number 1, not even as back up....his career at Anfield IMO is and has to be for the clubs and his own good over.

Loan him out to see how he goes. He has to get back on the horse sooner or later, so I'm not sure sitting on the bench for possibly weeks on end will help his state of mind. Playing week in, week out will be the only way to know whether or not he's recovered at all from his huge errors. 

Also, selling him now wouldn't make a lot of sense from a financial point of view, given his stock would be as low as it's ever been since he arrived at Liverpool. 

Loan him out to see how he goes. He has to get back on the horse sooner or later, so I'm not sure sitting on the bench for possibly weeks on end will help his state of mind. Playing week in, week out will be the only way to know whether or not he's recovered at all from his huge errors.

Also, selling him now wouldn't make a lot of sense from a financial point of view, given his stock would be as low as it's ever been since he arrived at Liverpool.

The same discussions were had about James back in the day. I think he was actually dropped to the reserves for a while and the thinking was it would be good to get him out of the limelight so he could rebuild his confidence. But as we know it didn't pan out.

I honestly don't think it's a state of mind thing with Karius. It probably is now, but underneath it all the problem is that he's just not very good.

• Upvote 1

Wonder how Klopp will deal with Karius now. I don’t think there’s a better manager out there who’ll be able to manage him going forward. Klopps man management skills are obviously second to non and this lad his going to need some of that.