You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

I disagree with Section, I thought Westerveld was 9/10 hype and 1/10 dogshit.

He did have a hell of a boot on him though! When we signed him I remember being adamant he’d score a goal kick! I was about 11 at the time mind

So the stories around Buvac’s reason for leaving seem now so true, with him falling out with Ackteberg and ultimately Klopp, regarding Karius being not good enough.

3 years of the glaring issue with our keepers and we go to the biggest stage in club football to have it laid bare for the world to see.

• Upvote 1

My mate did this once at 5-a-side. He was the worst footballer I've ever seen. He was in goal. We made him go in goal.

It was his best position. I don't mean that as a compliment. It's probably fairer to say it was his least shit position. He couldn't see the ball really, as his vision wasn't ideal. Even though he couldn't see the ball, we still preferred he play in goal - as occasionally the shots would just hit him - and in goal he was much less likely to maim his team mates with his thunderous chest-high passes.

He didn't see the attacker three yards away and rolled it to his feet.

Anyway, this bloke was better in goal than Karius.

Apart from being beaten in the air in the last few minutes of nornal time during the 2001 UEFA Cup Final by the shortest man on the pitch my overriding memories of Westerveld are fighting like a girl on the pitch with one of the Everton players was it Jeffers and kicking a last minute free kick into an Everton player walking away and seeing it rebound into the goal. Thankfully it was ruled out.

Apart from being beaten in the air in the last few minutes of nornal time during the 2001 UEFA Cup Final by the shortest man on the pitch my overriding memories of Westerveld are fighting like a girl on the pitch with one of the Everton players was it Jeffers and kicking a last minute free kick into an Everton player walking away and seeing it rebound into the goal. Thankfully it was ruled out.

Dean Holdsworth at Bolton away too, when a shot went right through him. I think that was when Houllier had seen enough.

• Upvote 1

Dean Holdsworth at Bolton away too, when a shot went right through him. I think that was when Houllier had seen enough.

Yes and the one at Middlesbrough when he blamed them having no undersoil heating and his feet were freezing so he could not move. Jesus the list is endless. Was Achterberg here then.

Fucking hell. This really takes the cake. Blaming Mignolet and Ward for tonight... fuck me...

This is a joke,yes? Or sarcasm? We have made a mistake by not bringing in another experienced keeper once Klopp told Mignolet he was nothing more than a back up many months ago. Like I said,I don't blame Karius alone but to paraphrase a sporting euphemism 'We've been been playing Snooker with a rope for ages' and we faced up to a guy with dozens of highly polished cues. The comparison of the subs benches,not just in monetary terms,but in class and choice was absolutely staggering. It was apparent that Klopp didn't even fancy using any of ours as even he knew how useless our replacements were. We really do need at least half a dozen squad players let alone a few first teamers. Klopp has done magnificently to get us to a point where were are gutted at being beaten by Real Madrid in a cup final and I hope he is backed in the boardroom as much as he deserves. He definitely has looked a bit lost without Buvac to bounce ideas off lately but that has little to do with last night's defeat.

Don't forget Chelsea away.

• Upvote 1

Yes. Its really unusual for us fans to give some support to a player who massively messed up. I wonder how long it will be before the first Liverpool player is run out of town for costing us a game. I do not think the day is far off personally,

I called him all the names under the sun during the game. Now it is just a bad memory and Im over it. All over the world people are dieing of hunger illness or just violence. I put stuff like Karius into perspective. But that is just me you understand.

You were told he was shit 25 pages ago. You got on your white charger and defended him. For some unknown reason. And now its just a bad memory?

OK Fred.

Fucking joker.

Jesus. People claiming the player did not have streams of tears cascading down his face so he was faking it or else he is not bothered. I am more bothered that not a single one of our players went and had a word with the lad. Not one. You can include our current captain or the one many seem to think is our future captain in waiting.

I know of a few captains in our glorious past that would've clocked him and given him something to

cry about still can't believe it, easiest fucking European cup anyone has ever won.

The last great keeper we had was Bruce Grobbelaar. The last keeper we won the league with was... Bruce Grobbelaar.

Why, it's almost as if goalkeeper is the most important player on the team!

Time to stop fucking about. Spend £70m if you have to, Jurgen. Just get the position locked down.

If he cuts his hair completely off and lasers off every single tattoo as penance that would be a step in the right direction. He's still a massive cunt though. Basic fucking goalkeeping errors. Lack of concentration, and also why the fuck didn't he lay on the floor and not get up when he got elbowed? He could have got fuck face sent off for that. 

I don't think he was MOTM, you know.

I feel bad for him, and I'm also angry at him at the same time. Baffled. Did that actually happen?

You could almost understand if it was his first involvement in the game early on, as in the occasion got to him, but his first half was excellent. It just came out of nowhere. 

I have liked him in general and it's been good to see him improve, but fucking hell, what else can you say that hasn't been said? It's hard to make an argument against getting another keeper in now. The issue is, as it has always been, finding one that is comfortable in a Klopp team. 

The way he let that second goal is was similar to the Roma home match when they hit he crossbar early on in the game his technique was all wrong in dealing with the shot from distance.

I’m already feeling like this summer and how well our season goes next season in klopp dealing with Karius Is huge.

Get in a top keeper and we can have a really good season if he stays he’ll cost us again.

The last great keeper we had was Bruce Grobbelaar. The last keeper we won the league with was... Bruce Grobbelaar.

Why, it's almost as if goalkeeper is the most important player on the team!

Time to stop fucking about. Spend £70m if you have to, Jurgen. Just get the position locked down.

Reina was superb at his best, thoroughly reliable all rounder.