You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Tend to agree with this. Before their third I said to my mate that Karius had played better than Henderson. At least Karius wasn’t hiding. All Henderson did when we were chasing the game was playing backwards passes to Lovren,. And, to be fair to him, run about and huff and puff a bit.

But that's what Henderson is

He isnt going to unlock teams and isnt a great shield. His best season for us was as the runner in the midfield. Just keep things ticking over and pressing. Tbe issue is we have three of them in midfield at the moment. Losing Coutinho in January took the creativity from deep and then to top it off, Chamberlain who offered some pace and direct running got crocked and Can missed tbe end of the season.

Lallana doesn't have the pace or game to offer anything as a midfield and has fuck all to offer as part of the front three.

The game was lost by the state of the squad depth as much as Karius. We lost all momentum with Salah as they could push right up knowing only Mane had the pace to hurt them. Bobby needs Mane and Salah's pace to really work his game dropping off,harrying and the link play.

We needed another attacker close to their level to keep them honest amd all we had was a unfit Lallana or a kid with ine senior goal for us.

Look at Madrid they lose Ronaldo,Isco or Benzema and they had Assensio and Bale to bring on. No drop in quality if anything better players.

If this summer window ended with Fekir,Alison/Oblak and another attacking player we would be far better off. Even if it did cost the best part of 200ml for the 3.

• Upvote 1

I do wonder what people want.

Klopp obviously got a budget and is not afraid of keeping a smaller squad if its means he can get his top targets. People have moaned for years about us buying quantity over quality now moaning thats what he is doing.

What the fuck do you want him to do. Come out and say both Mingolet and Karius are shite but i can only spend so much and need them for now. He's not fucking Mourinho ready to throw players under the bus

Because Karius posts on here all the time and will be upset by people commenting on his shit performance?

As long as there's no abuse (and, hopefully, he gets some some support), then he won't walk alone.

Fucks sake, let people let off steam. It was a shit performance, but it doesn't mean people are trying to crucify him.

He’s having all sorts of abuse on twitter, tagging him in some of the posts. I’ve seen him have death threats and wishes that his kids get cancer, what the fucks all that about? He’s shit and cost us a CL final but that’s disgusting.

I wonder what Van Dijks take on this is because I’m guessing that as Klopps organiser and leader at the back Klopp would consult him as to whether he’s good enough or if he’s good enough for Van Dijk to work with, they were having a proper discussion after the final whistle and it didn’t look like Klopp was consoling him more like they were discussing the game, where I hope Van Dijk told him straight that he’s shit and needs binning ASAP.

We have to sell him now. He can't recover from that.

He’ll recover, and he’ll be 1st choice next season.

At 1-1 the game was still evenly poised. It was Bale’s wonder goal that killed us. Could he do it 7 times out of ten? It really doesn’t matter. He did it at that time in the game, and I know how deflated I felt after witnessing that goal.

Karius could have played to perfection from that point, but we were offensively unbalanced with no Mo and no replacement.

We won't sell him and he can recover from it however he clearly isn't good enough. It's unlikely he'll be first choice come the start of next season.

Of course we'll sell him, for his own good, if anything. Are you seeing the abuse he's getting? I'm not even sure he'll get a top flight job again. We might have to send him to Bundesliga 2. He's completely tainted. 

Are you Code aswell?

Think it through. We wont sell w/o a replacement - there’s other positions to fill before spending on a GK.

Did we sell Gerard for slipping, in the club’s most important game since the Prem was set up? No we didn’t. Did Gerard get over it? Yes he did.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Think it through. We wont sell w/o a replacement - there’s other positions to fill before spending on a GK.

Did we sell Gerard for slipping, in the club’s most important game since the Prem was set up? No we didn’t. Did Gerard get over it? Yes he did.

Are you drunk? How are you seriously comparing Steven Gerrard to Karius? 

He’ll recover, and he’ll be 1st choice next season.

I don't think so myself. I think he's done. I just don't know how he comes back from this.

I do feel sorry for the lad though. Horrible seeing him balling his eyes out at the end all by himself. He knows he fucked up big time. 

They will get a replacement in. Even if its a chump like Butland. At very best he is here as number 2 if Ward doesn't want to hang around. Amd if i was Ward I'd be off to get games

There shouldn't be.

Karius, Mignolet and Bogdan need selling/releasing/throwing in the sea. Keep Ward as back up, and buy a top class goalkeeper worthy of our ambitions.

• Upvote 2

Of course we'll sell him, for his own good, if anything. Are you seeing the abuse he's getting? I'm not even sure he'll get a top flight job again. We might have to send him to Bundesliga 2. He's completely tainted. 

Similar sort of abuse Lovren has received on more than one occasion? He's still here and will be next season.

I think you might be overestimating the importance of social media? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have allowed him back on the team bus last night but this just isn't how Klopp operates.