You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

He made two horrendous mistakes but he didnt cost us the game as once we went 2-1 down we never looked like getting back in it. Mane's shot against the post was a bit of an anomaly and he was the only player who looked like scoring but soon had about three players on him all the time soon after. Firmino was dogshit again and the argument for a different type of cover player in his position raises its head again.

Thing is, his positioning for Bale’s first goal was shit too. A top keeper tips that over because he’s in position to. In a way, I hope he was concussed by Ramos’ elbow, because it might help him recover mentally, which will be important not only for him as a person, but Liverpool if, as I expect, Klopp decides not to replace him.

I've been one of Karius' biggest proponents over the years, I think the stick he's taken since he's been at our club has been mostly unwarranted and undeserved, I watched him many times when he was at Mainz and he was sensational (the best goalie in the Bundesliga), and he is head and shoulders better than Mignolet.

But.

But tonight Karius made a total cunt out of me, he has proven me completely wrong and I hold my hands up to the fine people of TLW and can only apologise for my wretched misjudgement.

There can be no excuses and surely no comeback for Karius after that. He must never play another minute for our club and for his own sake we must now sell him this summer.

I feel sorry for the kid and maintain that he's still better than that other arsehole Mignolet, but to quote a great man, BASTA!

• Upvote 1

Thing is, his positioning for Bale’s first goal was shit too. A top keeper tips that over because he’s in position to. In a way, I hope he was concussed by Ramos’ elbow, because it might help him recover mentally, which will be important not only for him as a person, but Liverpool if, as I expect, Klopp decides not to replace him.

No way. As much as I hate Bale and believe that overhead could have gone anywhere it was an absolute pearler and the only goal Karius couldn't be blamed for.

I've been one of Karius' biggest proponents over the years, I think the stick he's taken since he's been at our club has been mostly unwarranted and undeserved, I watched him many times when he was at Mainz and he was sensational (the best goalie in the Bundesliga), and he is head and shoulders better than Mignolet.

But.

But tonight Karius made a total cunt out of me, he has proven me completely wrong and I hold my hands up to the fine people of TLW and can only apologise for my wretched misjudgement.

There can be no excuses and surely no comeback for Karius after that. He must never play another minute for our club and for his own sake we must now sell him this summer.

I feel sorry for the kid and maintain that he's still better than that other arsehole Mignolet, but to quote a great man, BASTA!

This is a fucking great post.

I love you CD.

He was horrendous I've never seen two mistakes so bad in one game. He's a human though he ain't good enough. He does not deserve abuse he didn't purposely try to fuck up. He will be heart broken as supporters we should support him. I'm devastated but for fuck sake he's one of us he failed in moments.

This. He's shit but he tries. Mignolet is shitter and arguably doesn't try as much. They are both shit though.

No way. As much as I hate Bale and believe that overhead could have gone anywhere it was an absolute pearler and the only goal Karius couldn't be blamed for.

I think a top tier keeper gets it. Karius was too far off his line and late to readjust the direction he was going in. De Gea saves it, as does whoever happens to play in goal for Real Madrid, because it’s a foul on the keeper in that case.