You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Like a lot of people I was far from convinced with Karius earlier performances. That said maybe Jurgen pitched him in too early. He has not really had any major cock ups since he came back in. I too doubt Jurgen will splash the cash on a first choice keeper if Karius maintains this form to the end of the season.

Negged in error , sorry mate.

Can someone cancel it please

You can stop him posting but he'll still find a way to piss you off. You have to admire such dedication to being despised.

To think I was one of his defenders. Lesson learned.

Like death and taxes a Code neg is inevitable if you disrespect Loris or Hendo. 

Embrace it ,

• Upvote 1

For a £4.5 million 'moneyball-esque' type of signing the lad is not bad at all lately. The tip onto the bar was superb and even if it had have gone in then it should have been described as a superb goal and poor defending,but not poor goalkeeping. The problem with pundits/commentators is that once they've decided that a player is good/bad then they rarely are ever honest enough to acknowledge an improvement and particularly with non English players. The strange thing with our goalkeeping situation is that we are highly likely to bring in a keeper regardless of Karius playing well or not due to old 'drinking straw wrists' Mr Mignolet wanting to leave.

• Upvote 2

Well, that's just it; I didn't say anything negative about Karius. Apparently, recognising that he had a faultless game is enough.

As Holmes said to Watson "eliminate the impossible and whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. I therefore deduce he hates your guts. 

He was pissing me off how long he was taking on goal kicks in the first half.

That’s a brilliant save just before half time though, without that save we could have ended up dropping 2 points.

How anyone can argue he’s not been a massive imporovement on Mig I’m not sure.

• Upvote 1

He was pissing me off how long he was taking on goal kicks in the first half.

That’s a brilliant save just before half time though, without that save we could have ended up dropping 2 points.

How anyone can argue he’s not been a massive imporovement on Mig I’m not sure.

No doubt he's improved over his previous form and the form of Mignolet. Even recently in one of the matches where Mignolet was recalled as a rotation, Mignolet was so unsure of himself and conceded soft goals. He has no right to demand a place in the team right now, as he has clearly been excelled. I don't see a way back for him, bar injury.