You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

This is a bit of a myth as the Bundesliga is often as fast as the Prem and has just as many goals,maybe more but the step up to a bigger club maybe a valid reason.

Completely agree.

I honestly thought that Karius' time at Man City, pre-Mainz, would have been hugely beneficial. Evidently not.

He never seems to get his feet right, it's absolutely bizarre.

He should stick to modelling on Instagram.

he holds his arms too low .  Bringing them down to stop a ball is a quicker action than trying to raise them. All in all i reckon he needs completely re-wiring  

• Downvote 1

I can understand those saying Mig's got his chances and we need better. Some says let Karius get a run to find out if he'll improve. This would be a valid argument if we were talking about Danny Ward.

Karius isn't a bad keeper. He isn't a keeper at all. No point at all to let him have a run of games.He'll never improve, there's no base to improve from.

Maybe he's Henry's daughters' boyfriend or something forced upon Klopp. I just can't understand why he's in our squad.

From the Echo:

“John Achterberg

A surprise name, perhaps, but it is interesting to note the role Achterberg plays in the scouting and recruitment of goalkeepers at Anfield – as well as their coaching.

The Dutchman is known for having an encyclopaedic knowledge of goalkeepers from across the world, and his opinion is both sought and valued by Klopp.

Achterberg is sent to scout players and is heavily involved in video analysis of prospective targets. With Liverpool almost certain to recruit a new No.1 in the summer, expect him to be involved in the process.”

From the Echo:

“John Achterberg

A surprise name, perhaps, but it is interesting to note the role Achterberg plays in the scouting and recruitment of goalkeepers at Anfield – as well as their coaching.

The Dutchman is known for having an encyclopaedic knowledge of goalkeepers from across the world, and his opinion is both sought and valued by Klopp.

Achterberg is sent to scout players and is heavily involved in video analysis of prospective targets. With Liverpool almost certain to recruit a new No.1 in the summer, expect him to be involved in the process.”

Great. Just fucking great.

• Upvote 2

I realise he had nob all to do tonight, but still he looked a damn sight better than Mignolet - his confidence, his decision-making, his communication with defenders and his awareness of what was going on around him were all competent, which is far better than anything Mignolet has ever shown.

I didn't foul my gusset once, which is more than I would have been able to say if softlad had been in goal.

• Upvote 3

I realise he had nob all to do tonight, but still he looked a damn sight better than Mignolet - his confidence, his decision-making, his communication with defenders and his awareness of what was going on around him were all competent, which is far better than anything Mignolet has ever shown.

I didn't foul my gusset once, which is more than I would have been able to say if softlad had been in goal.

I think Mignolet would have handled that gig tonight, Lets see how he gets on with Kane & co