You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Ederson was worse yesterday. Not sure if that's comforting or worrying because we are going to have to shell out a heck of a lot of money for a decent keeper by the looks of it if £35m buys that.

What. He made one mistake and was punished by Salah with a great finish. But I guess this highlights what is wrong with peoples view on keepers. Make one mistake and they are the weakest link and need replacing.

The confidence of knowing he has 10 or 11 games on the bounce regardless of what he does will work wonders. The way I see it is every Klopp signing has done well apart from him and he's the only one that hasn't had a run in the team. Robertson and Ox were written off immediately too, its a good job the manager has more patience than the fans.

We need to accept we're not buying a keeper in January and get behind this guy. Mingolet is dead and not a minute too soon. One way or the other we will know in May if we need 1 or 2 keepers.

• Upvote 3

He's woeful. He's not error prone. He's just woeful at basic keeping.

This.  He was a spectator at a couple of set pieces yesterday, particularly the header against the bar. Cant recall him ever making a crucial save that turns a game.  Mig is also an un-pollishable turd but slightly less odorous, 

He's just terrible, unfortunately. Mignolet is in no way good enough for us, but I can at least see how a scout might have thought him good enough to be a professional footballer. Karius plays like he won a competition to be a footballer for the day, or like he's a striker moved into goal after the actual goalkeeper got sent off with all substitutes having been used.

• Upvote 1

Mig tends to play well in the games directly after he comes back from being dropped. Hopefully whenever that happens he'll be good enough to see us through til the end of the season.

As long as it doesn't trick Klopp into believing he's turned into a decent keeper and we end up stuck with him again next season.

I really don't get it with him. His reflexes have totally gone to shit and his positioning is ridiculous. I think it's now certain we'll buy a keeper in the summer and rightfully so.

But that said, Mignolet doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy or the benefit of the doubt anymore and the latter is still something Karius should be afforded, at least until the summer.

He seems to be caught flat footed every single time.

That’s a confidence thing. 100%.

I think a long, uninterrupted spell in the team will see a lot of the kinks ironed out of his game. It just doesn’t look the the fans are willing to let him have that.

• Upvote 1

I really don't get it with him. His reflexes have totally gone to shit and his positioning is ridiculous. I think it's now certain we'll buy a keeper in the summer and rightfully so.

But that said, Mignolet doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy or the benefit of the doubt anymore and the latter is still something Karius should be afforded, at least until the summer.

Cough Actherberg cough.

The confidence of knowing he has 10 or 11 games on the bounce regardless of what he does will work wonders. The way I see it is every Klopp signing has done well apart from him and he's the only one that hasn't had a run in the team. Robertson and Ox were written off immediately too, its a good job the manager has more patience than the fans.

We need to accept we're not buying a keeper in January and get behind this guy. Mingolet is dead and not a minute too soon. One way or the other we will know in May if we need 1 or 2 keepers.

I'm sceptical but Hopefully you're right.

He had 3 shots to save yesterday and didn't get anywhere near any of them, and didn't even try to get to Otamendi's header which, fortunately, went on to the bar. He was awful. He just does not stop round things from going in nets.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Mignolet is fine as a backup, certainly as capable as most top half backups if we get a top quality number one -- whether he would accept it or not (or is on too big a wedge for that) do not know

Personally I'd sell both. Plenty of cheap enough keepers who would be a better back up than Mingolet and reduce wages. Our main problem is that both Mingolet and Karius see themselves as first team keepers for a top club, unfortunately they haven't got the quality to be so. 

We need to bring in a main Keeper worth his salt and a second who is prepared to be back up. 

He had 3 shots to save yesterday and didn't get anywhere near any of them, and didn't even try to get to Otamendi's header which, fortunately, went on to the bar. He was awful. He just does not stop round things from going in nets.

Not sure any keeper would have got to that header. I am not defending Karius one bit and think we need a far better keeper but this he faced 4 shots and 3 went in is a bit lazy. Sanes shot was a rocket and maybe his positioning was suspect but there was nothing he could do with goals 2 and 3. Citys keeper faced what 6 or 7 shots and 4 went past him while Manes off the post shot had him beat.

• Upvote 1

Not sure any keeper would have got to that header. I am not defending Karius one bit and think we need a far better keeper but this he faced 4 shots and 3 went in is a bit lazy. Sanes shot was a rocket and maybe his positioning was suspect but there was nothing he could do with goals 2 and 3. Citys keeper faced what 6 or 7 shots and 4 went past him while Manes off the post shot had him beat.

Agree with this. I suspect Karius isn't good enough but nothing happened on Sunday which altered my opinion of him either way.