You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Goalkeepers ?

Ray Clemence got his chance because Tommy god bless him and his team were past it. He had played 4 times for the first team when Shankly decided after that cup defeat at Watford that Clemence was his new number 1. So yes even keepers. We all agree Karius nor Mignolet is not the answer but people saying we are not here to develope players is clearly shite whether they like the keeper or not.

But there are no positives. People have made their mind up because he continues to never make a save. I'm not sure what you'd expect people to think. The best people can muster is "we know Mignolet is shite" - not even his supporters can muster up anything positive to say about his goalkeeping.

That’s just objectively not true. There are plenty of positives to his game. He’s made very good saves, match winning saves. His distribution and speed off his line is impressive.

He played to a high level in the bundesliga, there’s no reason he can’t play to a high level here. He needs time and patience, that much is obvious.

• Upvote 1

Ray Clemence got his chance because Tommy god bless him and his team were past it. He had played 4 times for the first team when Shankly decided after that cup defeat at Watford that Clemence was his new number 1. So yes even keepers. We all agree Karius nor Mignolet is not the answer but people saying we are not here to develope players is clearly shite whether they like the keeper or not.

Mig is in his 5th season , Karius has had plenty of chances . Neither are up to the job and we shouldn't be wasting another window not bringing in a replacement, It was different world back when Clemence got his chance and Shanks recognised he was an outstanding keeper 

Karius has shown nothing to suggest he has any great talent . 

That’s just objectively not true. There are plenty of positives to his game. He’s made very good saves, match winning saves. His distribution and speed off his line is impressive.

He played to a high level in the bundesliga, there’s no reason he can’t play to a high level here. He needs time and patience, that much is obvious.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't remember any match-winning saves or even any very good saves. Yes, he's decent enough coming off his line. Distribution nothing special. Let's hope I'm wrong as it looks like he's going to be playing from now on. 

I can't recall a single match winning save since he joined us. Be happy to be proven wrong but I just don't remember anything noteworthy from him.

I can't recall a single match winning save since he joined us. Be happy to be proven wrong but I just don't remember anything noteworthy from him.

Sevilla away. We didn't win the game but he pulled off a save in the first half that kept us from losing and potentially struggling to qualify for the round of 16. 

Sevilla away. We didn't win the game but he pulled off a save in the first half that kept us from losing and potentially struggling to qualify for the round of 16. 

This is the one from Nolito? Watch it again. At the time it seemed like a great save, it wasn't, it was straight at him and he still nearly let it in. About 30 secs into this video.

• Upvote 1

This thread and the Mignolet one are like being stuck in a hamster wheel going around and around. Everyone knows both are not good enough but every time one of them plays everyone goes he is shit conceeds to many goals or does not make enough saves compared to other keepers.

Agreed, it's about as circular as arguments can be. 

Still prefer Simon!