You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Neither of them are good enough but Mignolet is better. Karius isn't going to do anything except continue to be shitter than Mig. He's had loads of games and he's been poor at least 80% of the time. Instead of the "let's see if Karius can step up" thing, which I do understand, I'd say "let's just play the slightly better keeper" and then get someone better ASAP

Agree with DimReaper 100%.

City had 4 shots on target today.

Both out keepers are a huge liability for our team the January window is open and we’ve a load of money it would be nice to make an attempt to sort out the weakest part of our side and not wait till the summer.

Have we got a load of money though?

Just buy a bloody good keeper Jurgen. Please.

That said I have not seen all the goals conceeded. That first one from Sane was a rocket though.

I've tried to defend Karius but it was awful. He is static,nervous,no footwork but I do feel sorry for him that he's had to be number two to a keeper who is marginally better than him and that he couldn't serve an apprenticeship under a top keeper. He will probably do ok back in Germany but its gone wrong here for him. Problem is that we need two goalies and not just one.

Honestly, this reaction is way over the top. He was beaten on his near post. Should’ve done better, no question, but it was a very powerful shot.

The other two goals, maybe De Gea would’ve had a chance, otherwise I don’t think anybody is saving them.

Just seems like some have been waiting for the first opportunity to hammer the lad. It’s quite galling.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, this reaction is way over the top. He was beaten on his near post. Should’ve done better, no question, but it was a very powerful shot.

The other two goals, maybe De Gea would’ve had a chance, otherwise I don’t think anybody is saving them.

Just seems like some have been waiting for the first opportunity to hammer the lad. It’s quite galling.

He's not good enough. Maybe as understudy he will become so with time, but we'll win nothing with him as our first choice keeper for a while.

Personally I would pay through the nose to get Buffon in the summer to rotate with Karius.

Nah, it's just he's obviously not good.

Complete Mignolet on the first goal. Nothing he could have done about the other two, agreed.

As Souness said this afternoon neither Karius or Mignolet ever make a save that surprises you or a match winning performance,. Get rid ffs

Souness shouldn’t be allowed opinions on transfers after his spectacularly awful dealings here. He accelerated our decline big time.

Even a stopped clock/failed manager is right twice a day though. Should be our priority in the summer.

Nah, it's just he's obviously not good.

Complete Mignolet on the first goal. Nothing he could have done about the other two, agreed.

People have made their minds up that he’s not good. The rest is just confirmation bias.

I think we are far too critical of our goalkeepers, in general. Look at the reaction in Anfield if he doesn’t clear the ball all the way up the field as soon as it reaches him. Full on rage directed his way. It’s absolutely bizarre. I can’t imagine a worse atmosphere in which to develop a goalkeeper into a genuine first teamer.

Guest Pistonbroke

If we keep on winning it really doesn't matter which one of them is between the sticks. Klopp basically said he's not arsed about the near post goal today and said he had a solid game. Karius has the jersey for the moment. 

Next games for us.

Swansea A

Huddersfield A

Spurs H

Southampton A

West Ham H

A nice run of games for him to improve and get some confidence. Spurs will be hard, but they tend to fold at our place and we are very good at not losing at home. 13 unbeaten now? 

People have made their minds up that he’s not good. The rest is just confirmation bias.

I think we are far too critical of our goalkeepers, in general. Look at the reaction in Anfield if he doesn’t clear the ball all the way up the field as soon as it reaches him. Full on rage directed his way. It’s absolutely bizarre. I can’t imagine a worse atmosphere in which to develop a goalkeeper into a genuine first teamer.

Lfc shouldnt be developing shite, it's a vital position and we should have bought a class keeper a long time ago.

• Upvote 1

But there are no positives. People have made their mind up because he continues to never make a save. I'm not sure what you'd expect people to think. The best people can muster is "we know Mignolet is shite" - not even his supporters can muster up anything positive to say about his goalkeeping.

I do agree, but it doesn't help when he's shite.