You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

It's going to be a fantastic story of redemption. Karius will come good and all will be well. That's my guess on this one, and it will happen behind a stable central defence, once we get another kingpin in situ alongside Matip. In the meantime we'll have a few bumps along the way, but I for one won't be killing our goalkeeper just yet. He's going to be an integral part of a great Liverpool side. 

• Upvote 2

It's going to be a fantastic story of redemption. Karius will come good and all will be well. That's my guess on this one, and it will happen behind a stable central defence, once we get another kingpin in situ alongside Matip. In the meantime we'll have a few bumps along the way, but I for one won't be killing our goalkeeper just yet. He's going to be an integral part of a great Liverpool side.

What is it with the clergy this time of year?

• Upvote 2

Being as he was standing about two foot out of position for that free kick,I'd be looking at the goalkeeping coach.

Carragher said his position was fine which I thought was strange. He's standing that far wide because he can't see Payet for the wall. The wall needs to move or more players come out of it. Players like Payet are rarely going to fail to get it over a wall especially that far out.

Carragher said his position was fine which I thought was strange. He's standing that far wide because he can't see Payet for the wall. The wall needs to move or more players come out of it. Players like Payet are rarely going to fail to get it over a wall especially that far out.

I thought his position was fine until West Ham crowded our wall with their players, effectively blocking Karius' view of the ball.

At that point it would have been better for him to take up a central position. I think he was just desperately trying to get a look of the ball as Payet hit it, a look he never got.

This lad could really use some positivity in his life right now. JP is our only hope.

Klopp is spot on with his latest comments though. I said a while back in this thread Neville and the rest of those bells want nothing more than to destroy the lad's confidence because they know an organised keeper and defence would take us to the next level.

I wonder what Klopp makes of the fans turning on Karius and writing him off already? Is there a German word for hysterical-fannies?

This. 

The answer is to get behind him. Cheer his every touch. If he improves, there's that benefit as well as sticking it to the vile Manc Nevilles and their Fergie-inspired dirty tricks. If he doesn't improve despite all the obvious love we loudly show him, I can guarantee you that Klopp will then act. 

It's a dirty Manc mind-game. Don't you remember when Neville blamed Mignolet's starting position for Jagielka's unstoppable last minute equalizer. Best way to put an end to it is to stick it to them, and watch how they won't try it again with the most psychologically vulnerable position in the team.

This.

The answer is to get behind him. Cheer his every touch. If he improves, there's that benefit as well as sticking it to the vile Manc Nevilles and their Fergie-inspired dirty tricks. If he doesn't improve despite all the obvious love we loudly show him, I can guarantee you that Klopp will then act.

It's a dirty Manc mind-game. Don't you remember when Neville blamed Mignolet's starting position for Jagielka's unstoppable last minute equalizer. Best way to put an end to it is to stick it to them, and watch how they won't try it again with the most psychologically vulnerable position in the team.

Carra has been just as critical of Karius as the Neville's don't buy the manc conspiracy theory myself. At the moment we have a keeper that's a downgrade on mignolet which takes some doing. Hopefully he improves for our sake and his but im dreading the next couple of matches especially the derby.
  • Upvote 1

Right, the Neville's are trying to destroy Karius' confidence, because they hate LFC. What's Carra's game then?

He doesn't have a game. He's acting like a bitter fan because he wants to see the club do well. What he doesn't realize - because he has a brain the size of a peanut - is that this is hurting the club.

His job requires him to be impartial and that involves criticizing Liverpool players, but his little tough guy pundit act telling Karius to shut up is simply him being angry that Karius has had a hand in the club dropping points recently.

Right, the Neville's are trying to destroy Karius' confidence, because they hate LFC. What's Carra's game then?

Carra flew off the handle when he got criticised on Talksport so rather than join in the chorus of "shut up and play" he could have been a bit more diplomatic and given a quote based on his experience. But no, he's just decided to get carried away to sell a few extra copies or get a few more clicks on his article. Made himself look a dick too.

• Upvote 1

At the moment it feels like a step too far, too quickly for Karius.

Goalkeeper is arguably the hardest position to come in to in a new league and he seems a bit overwhelmed to me at the moment?

The thing that concerns me most is that I don't know what his strengths are?

If I were Klopp I would take him out of the team for a bit and bring him back in around the time of the FA Cup third round match. It should be seen as a way to take some of the limelight off him and tell him that he needs to work harder and perform better if he wants to be our first choice.