You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Loris Karius

Captain

Guest Pistonbroke

Heaton makes sense as he is only up the road and wouldn't need to re-settle. Its possible he could come straight in and perform well from the off, 

Achterberg awaits with interest. 

voodoodolls2.jpg

How come before kick off when the team is warming up the players are taking shots at Mingolet, while Karius is nowhere to be seen?

I know every player has different methods but at I'd have thought it would get him warmed up and probably most important it would at least show the fans that he can actually make some saves.

How come before kick off when the team is warming up the players are taking shots at Mingolet, while Karius is nowhere to be seen?

I know every player has different methods but at I'd have thought it would get him warmed up and probably most important it would at least show the fans that he can actually make some saves.

You have answered your own question,  He clearly can't make any saves and doesn't want to advertise the fact

Genuine question, except maybe lumping in more high balls than you normally would, how exactly do you target an opposing goalie? I'm having trouble seeing how any of the six goals we have conceded the last two games have come as a result of him being targeted.

If it means that our confidence suffers and the opposition gets more confident, then I agree. Cause he really has been weak.

Shoot on sight policy, and as you said, lump in highball after highball...

Grobbelaar: "At the moment #LFC have a keeper who has been criticised but I am going to stop as I now know who the true person to blame is."

Grobbelaar: "Mignolet is still doing the same as two years ago, which means it is not Mignolet’s fault but the person who is coaching him."

Grobbelaar: "Achterberg is the one I’m going to look at. If he can’t right Mignolet’s wrongs in two years, then he shouldn’t be there."

Grobbelaar: "Mignolet can become Liverpool’s long-term No.1 if he is coached properly. When I go away he goes back into his shell again."

Grobbelaar: "I’ve never been asked about taking the keeper coaching job but if an offer came I would have to have a look it, anyone would."

=====================================================

Hes been saying that a while now.  Theres been zero improvement with any of our goalkeepers since John Achterberg joined us.  We need a top quality goalkeeping coach. 

Grobbelaar: "At the moment #LFC have a keeper who has been criticised but I am going to stop as I now know who the true person to blame is."

Grobbelaar: "Mignolet is still doing the same as two years ago, which means it is not Mignolet’s fault but the person who is coaching him."

Grobbelaar: "Achterberg is the one I’m going to look at. If he can’t right Mignolet’s wrongs in two years, then he shouldn’t be there."

Grobbelaar: "Mignolet can become Liverpool’s long-term No.1 if he is coached properly. When I go away he goes back into his shell again."

Grobbelaar: "I’ve never been asked about taking the keeper coaching job but if an offer came I would have to have a look it, anyone would."

=====================================================

Hes been saying that a while now.  Theres been zero improvement with any of our goalkeepers since John Achterberg joined us.  We need a top quality goalkeeping coach. 

Kill Brucie, kill.

I've suspected the goal keeping coaching has not been good for years. Apart from Pepe (who faded quicker than he should have) we haven't been able to develop promising goal keepers to a world class level. The coaching needs to be looked at for sure. Mignolet was definitely not this bad at Sunderland and Karius was at least considered a good player in Germany.

For what it's worth, I'd just like to remind any hysterical fannies that 10 League games is not really very many League games.

Boils my piss to hear people calling for a return to Mignolet.  It's like voting for Brexit or Trump; why would you choose something you know to be fucking awful?

• Upvote 1

Genuine question, except maybe lumping in more high balls than you normally would, how exactly do you target an opposing goalie? I'm having trouble seeing how any of the six goals we have conceded the last two games have come as a result of him being targeted.

If it means that our confidence suffers and the opposition gets more confident, then I agree. Cause he really has been weak.

I had a similar thought when that cock from Bournemouth said that.

Their cunning gameplan was to have shots on target in the hope that they might score.  Genius.  I can't imagine why nobody else has ever thought of that.

• Upvote 1