You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europa League final

Arl arse

It's fucking destroying me that people are so confident. It never bodes well for us.

For what it's worth, I think we'll lose. I'm not sure if that's logically based on their success in this tournament over the last few years or I've just been conditioned by constant failure.

They're more experienced than us in such circumstances. That worries me. Relatedly, our last two Wembley performances suggest that we're capable of shitting the bed in big matches on neutral territory. But hopefully we've learned something from those games, as well as our European games this season...

• Upvote 1

Make no mistake, this will be a tough game. People thinking we'll easily roll them over must either be deluded or ignorant of how good Sevilla are in this competition. Sevilla will put in their best performance of the season and we are going to have to play to our very best if we are to win.

I expect this to go to extra time, if not pens. And given our last effort at a penalty shootout, I wouldn't be so confident.

There seemed to be quite a bit of nervousness before the second match against Villareal that at 1-0 down from the first leg, we would struggle to win as they only needed to score to put us in trouble. 

I genuinely think we will do the same to Sevilla that we did to Villareal. 

3-0.

There seemed to be quite a bit of nervousness before the second match against Villareal that at 1-0 down from the first leg, we would struggle to win as they only needed to score to put us in trouble.

I genuinely think we will do the same to Sevilla that we did to Villareal.

3-0.

would love that but we ve had our quota of easy wins. Prepare to be put through the mill.

Normally they don't put the free matches on sky but yesterday I saw on their Twitter account that tonight's match would be.I hope that wasn't a mistake on their part as I don't fancy watching this online tonight.

If you get some fake ID you might be able to sneak into a pub to watch it.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Off down the city in a bit to meet up with mates for the match, obviously quite a few pre match drinks and a meal beforehand, should be well oiled and relaxed for kick off. 

Let's hope we put in a performance lads, if we do I think we'll have to much for Sevilla who have only won 3 of their last 13 games, shipped 24 goals and scored 17. They are under as much pressure as ourselves having not qualified for the CL via the league. 

I have a feeling Klopp will have us at their throats from the off, if we can score first and stop them counter attacking I can see us winning this quite comfortably, had 4-1 in my head for the last week. However, we all know we don't do things the easy way, so it will probably go to Extra Time and quite possibly penalties. 

Enjoy it Red Men and Lasses and let's bring the silverware home. 

YNWA....

The Bot in Belfast for me.

Record is 50/50 in there. 2001 Uefa Cup we won, 2005 was in there but then my mate left and couldn't get back in so ended up across the road in The Eg. Last time I was there I think was 2007 final. My mate is like Larry Hagman, any excuse for a drink so we're out tonight.

Finish my current job on Friday, 2 years to the day since I started here. Back then we'd just finished 2nd in the league, champions league football to look forward. Larry commented to me at a BBQ that summer that although we'd lost Suarez the best signing we'd made was Rodgers.

2 years later, Klopp is our God and I'm looking him to create some silverware ahead of my farewell.