You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europa League final

Arl arse

I think one thing you can take away from this game and from Sevilla's success in general, is the composition of their midfield. It's perfectly balanced and something we should be looking to emulate. Two energetic and strong ball-winners in Krychowiak and N'Zonzi alongside a quality player like Banega who can carry the ball in tight spaces. Those three players cover all the bases of midfield play. The sad thing is, I don't think we have a single midfielder who can effectively protect the back four or that has any real quality on the ball. We need a total revamp in that area.

I think in theory, we should've had two energetic ball-winning midfielders in Can and Milner, and a player who should've been able to carry the ball in tight spaces in Firmino. I think the problem other than Can, they weren't good enough. For example, Firmino got dispossessed five times to Banega's once. Firmino lost the ball due to "bad control" three times to Banega's none. It's all good having a great system, but you need the players to do it. Gotze should be able to do the job of an attacking midfielder far better than our three attacking midfielders, hence why I'm convinced we should be trying our darndest to bring him in, regardless of who we have in his position.

I think in theory, we should've had two energetic ball-winning midfielders in Can and Milner, and a player who should've been able to carry the ball in tight spaces in Firmino. I think the problem other than Can, they weren't good enough. For example, Firmino got dispossessed five times to Banega's once. Firmino lost the ball due to "bad control" three times to Banega's none. It's all good having a great system, but you need the players to do it. Gotze should be able to do the job of an attacking midfielder far better than our three attacking midfielders, hence why I'm convinced we should be trying our darndest to bring him in, regardless of who we have in his position.

Can isn't good enough as a ball winner either.

Not if we want to win the league under Herr Klopp.

He's worth keeping though.

Can isn't good enough as a ball winner either.

Not if we want to win the league under Herr Klopp.

He's worth keeping though.

He's a good enough CM, we just need someone to complement him.. A young Didi Hamann would be ideal.. Or Weigl.

Beyond me how anybody can think this is a decent team, it's the very definition of dogshit, hence the mighty league position of 8th when virtually the whole division bar one or two sides where utter turd.

Players bought by a cunt in the image of said cunt.

The actual Jermaine Pennants thoughts on the final are that Ibe should have played instead of Milner. Basically saying hardworking players are fine but he would rather have flair players. And Ibe can apparently win games for you basically on his own. Must admit struggling with that one, not as much as our midfield with Can on his own though.

The only gif l made last night, l suppose its one to appreciate later

studgeexoon.gif

Stunning strike but a bitterly disappointing evening.

The bit that hurts the most is knowing that if we had given them the treatment like we did to Dortmund and Villarreal, we'd have left them in a broken heap. We nearly ran away with it in the first half and we really had them wobbling, we just didn't put them away. It doesn't change anything now but one of the refs should have given the low handball call when their player blocks that killer through-ball. 

I went mental when Lovren nailed a beauty but seemed like Sturridge decided to try get on the end of it. Should he have tried to stand away from it? Probably strikers instinct, but 2-0 up then and it would have been such a different game. Clyne's cross into the box, we had about 3 players all nearly getting something on it. So close. 

Second half, what can you say? It's what we'd previously come to accept as the default mind-set for this team. Pathetic duke's-of-hazard style tackling and spastic headers that don't make touch, with insane and IQ defying positioning and decision making, aligned with total beta male, nivea hands bollock warming wank play. 

Anyway, let's respect the fact that we got to the final mostly based off of the Klopp effect. I am still extremely fucked off after last night, but I have to confess I did wake up with a stonking, light blocking out, snow on the peak, wang-on, and my balls were literally fizzing with jizz at the thought that Klopp is at this very moment plotting his assault on the title and getting ready to sign the players needed for the fight. 

We are still awesome.  

• Upvote 3

got two 2 major finals, fine margins and all that. decent achievement in my opinion, loosing sucks though.

Thinking about it last night it is a better achievement than I iniatally gave him credit for as we haven't been to many finals the last ten years.

The stat about avram grant means nothing either as they are different managers but it does show you can't take anything for granted or as a sign.Good first season from Klopp and its harsh to judge him on any of the negative things as none of the players are his signings.

Celtic fans must be shitting themselves about the prospect of having Bodgers in charge. 

Celtic don't even need a manager until Rangers get back towards their level.

That league wins itself.

It's insane that they're not looking at somebody who's actually achieved something in European competition, an area they can improve drastically in.