You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europa League final

Arl arse

Pre season will be totally fucked due to the European Championships, Copa America and Olympics.

He'll have a season of training his team the way he wants without midweek interruptions. It's the only positive I can take from all this - that he'll have the opportunity to put his stamp on the team.

Sevilla had one thing we didnt- technically gifted footballers- players who craft things, clever players, the like we havent seen since Alonso

Huff and puff and blood and thunder will only get you so far

Last summer players like Kovicic, Pjanic even Cabaye were available- footballers who keep calm and can put their foot on the ball and dictate and create. A bit of guile, even a bit of gamesmanship at the right time. Players who actually know how to deliver a set piece. Probably good at penalties as well.

We bought Benteke. Having previously bought Balotelli.

No football club or manager can expect to stay competitive if you consistantly keep swapping your dud hand of cards for more duds.

Before you know it you've gone from playing poker with the high rollers at the Bellagio to playing UNO in the cafe up the road still kidding your self that your fucking ace   

Sevilla had one thing we didnt- technically gifted footballers- players who craft things, clever players, the like we havent seen since Alonso

Last summer players like Kovicic, Pjanic even Cabaye were available- footballers who keep calm and can put their foot on the ball and dictate and create. A bit of guile, even a bit of gamesmanship at the right time. Players who actually know how to deliver a set piece. Probably good at penalties as well.

No football club or manager can expect to stay competitive if you consistantly keep swapping your dud hand of cards for more duds.

Before you know it you've gone from playing poker with the high rollers at the Bellagio to playing UNO in the cafe up the road still kidding your self that your fucking ace

They had one in Banega. We were meant to have three in Lallana, Firmino and Coutinho.

You always want European football, even if it's the Europa. But perhaps with the shortened preseason, some clear weeks and signings he wants it will assist Klopp in getting his own team together. Silver linings and all that bollocks.

It's the only way to look at it, really. No European games is a pain in the arse though, the more I think about it. 

Still in shock from that 2d half last night. This team have given me all kinds of awful moments over the last 3 seasons. They've won some big games but they've failed to win the biggest games. Chelsea 2014 PL, Palace 2014 PL, Basel 2014 CL, Chelsea 2015 LC, besiktas 2015 EL, United 2015 PL, Villa 2015 FAC, City 2016 LC, Sevilla 2016 EL.

I thought we started the game very nervously, the first thing we did was hoof the ball forward and then we let their keeper have the ball for a long time but I thought ok we're pacing ourselves. They probably looked the better side for the first 15 mins or so because it was very scrappy but they looked more dangerous but the 2nd part of the first half we were brilliant. Sturridge's goal was pure class, we pressed in packs and looked for more goals but one thing that was clear was the ref wasn't gonna give us any decisions as there were blatant handballs that went unpunished. half time, I was content. 1 nil up, professional job but I always feel we need to score more than 1 goal to give ourselves a chance. We had other chances, sturridge had one saved by the keeper when lallana played him in. It was a tight angle but a dink over the keeper might have had more chance of going in than trying to put it through his legs. it wasn't an easy chance. he was also close to a clyne cross that flew across goal and was offside for a lovren header that went in, probably only because sturridge swung a leg at it.

It reminded me a bit of the khan alvarez fight a couple of weeks ago. However small a team you regard sevilla to be they've now won the EL 5 times in 10 years and are the undisputed champions of this competition. In that fight, Khan was excellent for about half the fight then lost concentration and got knocked out in the 6th. The start of the 2nd half last night we got knocked down and never recovered. It was a poor clearing header from Moreno and when he went out to close down the sevilla player, he was too easily nutmegged and you could hear a hundred people say "oh fuck" before the ball was even turned in by the the inzaghi-like Gameiro. After that we just fell apart. A cross into the box was knocked down to Gameiro again in acres of space but his shot was brilliantly saved by Mignolet. Sevilla were all over us at this point and it felt like we would concede another. The 2nd was a brilliant goal from them, 1 touch passing and movement involving 4 or 5 players and koke coming in from the left just got the run on clyne to curl one into the bottom corner. I thought Mignolet just fell over. You see the sevilla keeper at full stretch to try and save sturridges goal but Mignolet seemed to have given up on the shot before it was even past him.

Next goal wins. Someone will have to explain to me what our problem was with the third goal. To me it just summed us up 2nd half. Poor defending again and the ball is pinging about in the box, it ricochets off coutinho to a sevilla player in an offside position but he can't be offside if the ball was played to him by our player. Watching it live, I didn't think there was anything wrong but the linesman apparently put his flag up and then put it down again, I can only guess that he saw the player receive the ball in an offside position put his flag up but quickly realised who played the pass and put it down again. he's put the flag up though so it was worth confronting him about it but that was the moment our luck was definitely all used up.

After that we just started throwing balls up front and everything just seemed to come off us and go out of play. The last 20 minutes praying for a goal which would have changed the momentum again but instead the minutes just disappeared. At one stage I saw a stat saying both teams had 4 shots on target but the score was 3-1. We scored and put them under a lot of pressure trying to score more goals but they held out. They scored and scored again and again. All the old mistakes of the season were laid bare again, blowing leads, not taking chances, comical defending, running out of ideas. Actually, it's not just this season it's been the last 3.

Hodgson and Rodgers brought the permeating stench of mediocrity to the club and it needs to be drawm out like venom. Mediocrity isn't just about ability it's a state of mind.

The only thing that's not mediocre about the club now is Klopp himself, and I have 100% faith he'll deliver. He just needs money and time and I think he'll get it.

Let last night be the bell tolling for the end of a very shit era, the kind of chapter in Liverpool's history books you'd only read to your kids to give them second thoughts when they're thinking about sciving off school.

• Upvote 1

Giving our team down the banks? Remember thats a team Klopp inherited that couldn't win a fucking derby. If your gutted to be a red right now then you aren't a Red. The Reds are comin up the hill boys

Agreed. Although I must confess I had a go at Moreno before the match even kicked off. But in the cold, hard light of day, I wouldn't want to support any other team than this one. What a journey this road to the final has been.

This seasons been a disaster and missing out on the el could fuck up Klopps LFC career.Im already seeing a lot of fans say there's no excuse for not getting top 4 and some are expecting a title challenge because of what happened the last time we were not in Europe.

We better get top 4 atleast next season or it's going to be back to square one again with all the fans saying our manager isn't up to the job.Atleast my days of being called a troll are over as whatever happens next season I think most will have the same view as me.

• Downvote 7

This seasons been a disaster and missing out on the el could fuck up Klopps LFC career.Im already seeing a lot of fans say there's no excuse for not getting top 4 and some are expecting a title challenge because of what happened the last time we were not in Europe.

We better get top 4 atleast next season or it's going to be back to square one again with all the fans saying our manager isn't up to the job.Atleast my days of being called a troll are over as whatever happens next season I think most will have the same view as me.

There's a bus out there somewhere with your name on it. Get in front of it asap.

I just told you the harsh reality and everyone who thinks about it will know it's true, I added a bit of humour at the end to soften the blow.

About as funny as a blowtorch to the bollocks you utter wank stain. You were a waste of a good night's sleep. Your aul lad should have wanked you into a Tesco bag and fucked you into the Mersey.

• Upvote 1

Very good post mate.

Guest Pistonbroke

You'll be supporting Celtic anyway, you waste of fucking skin. 

Guest Pistonbroke

In the cold light of day it's always good to get the opinions of opposing fans/neutrals. I have spoken to quite a few mates today on-line from various other clubs, not your keyboard school kid typing shite on the BBC comments page, but adults who love the game and can have decent chat and banter with other fans. 

They were all in agreement that that second half was as bad as it gets, we lacked a leader on the pitch and too many players were half arsed about putting a shift in and some extra effort. We have such a weak midfield when we haven't got the ball and it should be one of the first areas looked at alongside a decent goalkeeper and a left back. However, they were also in agreement that we should have been out of sight at H/T despite not being that good ourselves, they all condemned the officials and how they could miss three hand balls, two of which were stone wall penalties. Who knows what the outcome could have been even if one of those penalties had been given. They also agreed with me that despite Sturridge's goal he was looking to be the hero whenever he got the ball and he showed why we should move him on, totally not a team player these days, just a renegade who is fucked in the head. He cost Lovren a goal as well with his greed to be the one to score the second goal, all he had to do was leave that header alone and move away from where he was stood and the goal would have stood. 

Finals are hard to get too and we made two of them with a squad of bottlers and an injured ravaged one at times to boot. Klopp is taking us in the right direction and most neutrals can see that, they are worried that when he has had a window or two to form his own squad that we will be a force to be reckoned with. Bring it on. 

In the cold light of day it's always good to get the opinions of opposing fans/neutrals. I have spoken to quite a few mates today on-line from various other clubs, not your keyboard school kid typing shite on the BBC comments page, but adults who love the game and can have decent chat and banter with other fans. 

They were all in agreement that that second half was as bad as it gets, we lacked a leader on the pitch and too many players were half arsed about putting a shift in and some extra effort. We have such a weak midfield when we haven't got the ball and it should be one of the first areas looked at alongside a decent goalkeeper and a left back. However, they were also in agreement that we should have been out of sight at H/T despite not being that good ourselves, they all condemned the officials and how they could miss three hand balls, two of which were stone wall penalties. Who knows what the outcome could have been even if one of those penalties had been given. They also agreed with me that despite Sturridge's goal he was looking to be the hero whenever he got the ball and he showed why we should move him on, totally not a team player these days, just a renegade who is fucked in the head. He cost Lovren a goal as well with his greed to be the one to score the second goal, all he had to do was leave that header alone and move away from where he was stood and the goal would have stood. 

Finals are hard to get too and we made two of them with a squad of bottlers and an injured ravaged one at times to boot. Klopp is taking us in the right direction and most neutrals can see that, they are worried that when he has had a window or two to form his own squad that we will be a force to be reckoned with. Bring it on. 

Has been the case since Rodgers got rid of them for whatever reason.  Hendo or Milner captain? No thanks.  I hope Klopp signs a proper captain as a priority. 

Why don't you just fuck off

• Upvote 7

Guest Pistonbroke

Has been the case since Rodgers got rid of them for whatever reason.  Hendo or Milner captain? No thanks.  I hope Klopp signs a proper captain as a priority. 

We certainly need one as at the moment nobody is capable of organisation on the pitch.