You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europa League final

Arl arse

My take on the evening: me and our Dan enjoyed the angry birds movie.

As for the unmentionable: Klopp is a lovely bloke, but apart from the little two or three season purple patch when Bayern had a bit of a weakness about them, he's a loser! Paint it however you like, 5 final defeats in a row is poor!!

I'll say it, he might last to the end of his 4 year contract, but when he leaves he won't have won anything!!

Pointless waste of a season, may as well have gone out to Augsburg!

Fuck me, another fucking WUM.

No champions league football next year.....

Last time we had no European footie we came close to winning the league.

............although we did have one of the Worlds best players at the time.....

Hopefully they'll grow stronger from such let downs. It's always the hope that kills you, thankfully as a club we have seen a shit load of good times. They will return, swings and roundabouts.

Hope so mate, and with Klopp at the helm we have a great chance. Just so fuckin gutted at the non display tonight. My lad is 16 so this is his first European final where he's actually been fully in to it, back in 05 & 07 he was too young to take much notice. Feel gutted for him more than anything he's been hyped up about this game for weeks and that meek surrender was hard to take.

• Upvote 1

Shat ourselves against Villa at Wembley.

Shat ourselves against Man City at Wembley.

Shat ourselves against Sevilla in Basel.

I'm sensing you're a glass completely ground to dust under angry molars as opposed to a glass half empty guy tonight, Josef.

Guest Pistonbroke

Hope so mate, and with Klopp at the helm we have a great chance. Just so fuckin gutted at the non display tonight. My lad is 16 so this is his first European final where he's actually been fully in to it, back in 05 & 07 he was too young to take much notice. Feel gutted for him more than anything he's been hyped up about this game for weeks and that meek surrender was hard to take.

Yep, my eldest son is 15, 16 in June. He takes defeat hard though, despite the fact Rodgers was our manager for far too long! Things will get better under Klopp and I'm certain FSG will back him big for at least one or two transfer windows. 

Firmino at least tried...

I was trying really hard to recall it, then I remembered I popped out for a piss during the first half so I guess I missed it.

My impression of Firmino overall is that he turns it on against shite because it's easy but fades out against better sides and as soon as that starts to happen he goes missing.  You can point to moments this season where that's not been true for sure but I don't have any trust in him.

Phil is much the same   If he could deliver even 80% of his ability consistently he'd be a world beater.  As it is, he delivers about 5% of it 95% of the time and 95% of it 5% of the time.  And bear in mind I like the guy a lot as a player, he has sublime skill but there's no consistency.

There was a whole lotta shitting going.

Can't really knock Jurgen for what this absolute shower of losers have done....it was sadly inevitable they would shit themselves when it really mattered...hopefully he will see through them (i fear he won't) and the gutless bastards are never in a position to embarrass us again - sadly their losing ways seem to be how we as a club are and this shower of losers will continue to let down our club with spineless performances like tonight when it really matters.

I was trying really hard to recall it, then I remembered I popped out for a piss during the first half so I guess I missed it.

My impression of Firmino overall is that he turns it on against shite because it's easy but fades out against better sides and as soon as that starts to happen he goes missing.  You can point to moments this season where that's not been true for sure but I don't have any trust in him.

Phil is much the same   If he could deliver even 80% of his ability consistently he'd be a world beater.  As it is, he delivers about 5% of it 95% of the time and 95% of it 5% of the time.  And bear in mind I like the guy a lot as a player, he has sublime skill but there's no consistency.

I'd agree. I just don't trust Firmino to deliver when it matters. I think he has the talent but just not the heart and application to push himself to be one of the best players in the league. To me, it feels like that's what seperates talented players like him from the world beaters like Ronaldo and Suarez who have both talent and dedication.

• Upvote 1

My impression of Firmino overall is that he turns it on against shite because it's easy but fades out against better sides and as soon as that starts to happen he goes missing. You can point to moments this season where that's not been true for sure but I don't have any trust in him.

Phil is much the same If he could deliver even 80% of his ability consistently he'd be a world beater. As it is, he delivers about 5% of it 95% of the time and 95% of it 5% of the time. And bear in mind I like the guy a lot as a player, he has sublime skill but there's no consistency.

Spot on that. Those kinds of players are pointless, regardless of raw ability. How can you possibly plan for anything when you don't know if a player is going to be arsed even turning up? But I suppose that's fundamentally what separates the good from the also ran, be that a player of a whole team.
  • Upvote 1