You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europa League final

Arl arse

There's just nobody in that squad to "drag" players up and get that extra bit out of them like Gerrard and Carra,Reina and Suarez did and that lyes at Rodgers door bought weak gutless fancy flick wankers and hopefully when that squad gets ripped apart in the summer and KLOPP gets to bring in his players we will see more guts and bottle in those big finals.

• Upvote 2

This squad bottled nothing, they played to their usual level, the level we've seen all season and last from the players.

8th in a piss poor league, that's where this squads at.   This cup would have papered over the cracks and sped up the Klopp revolution with cl football and all the benifits that comes with it but his eyes will be well opened to the huge job he has shifting these wankers onto other mid table teams and getting in his own players.

• Upvote 1

Sevilla where first to every ball, worked hard to close the space down and made clever runs, basically everything that we didn't do.

You wouldn mind so much but that team of ours had what, 10 fucking days rest and that's the performance they put in!?

And, that final has made me want to write a sitcom in Spanish. "Some Madres do 'ave 'em."

Featuring the many adventures of a young, timid, clumsy hombre called Alberto Spencer. He always comes a cropper in the most straightforward of circumstances, such as heading a football, or marking a man, resulting in great hilarity and laughter, particularly when he utters his infamous catchphrase...

"Ooh, Alberto!"

This squad bottled nothing, they played to their usual level, the level we've seen all season and last from the players.

8th in a piss poor league, that's where this squads at.   This cup would have papered over the cracks and sped up the Klopp revolution with cl football and all the benifits that comes with it but his eyes will be well opened to the huge job he has shifting these wankers onto other mid table teams and getting in his own players.

Yep

The players were certainly gutless in the 2nd half but the fucking shenanigans with the ref telling lino to put his flag down as Coke hit the ball is fucking dodgy.

2-1 down we might have had more of a chance at it. As it was, 3-1 was a mountain to climb against a bunch of time wasting, diving shithouses.

I saw that and thought exactly the same, but then there is no corruption in european football at all.

Milner and Toure = BOSS

REST WERE PISS POOR

Sturridge is still a great finisher but his speed has gone and is useless unless it's feed to his feet and Coutinho went missing again.really do need to buy players who have the right mentality when it matters most as well as quality.

They are probably not and I think that is the big problem. I think Sturridge is one of the best strikers in the world but I would sell him tommorrow for 20 million.

This absolutely blows my mind.

Sturridge did what he always does.  Give him the ball in the box and he will score about a third of the time.  Give him the ball in the box 3 times in a game, he will give you a goal.  Don't give him the ball in the box, and he won't.  When he has to run back to the halfway line to get the ball, he's not going to score.  When he gets it running into the box or within 5 yards of the box, he will create himself a chance and score a decent number of them.

Tonight was lost in midfield.  Can had his worst game of the season and Milner is not a midfielder.  I thought it was crying out for Allen and/or Henderson (if he was truly fit, which I doubt) to come in as soon as they scored.  They were walking through our midfield, which was causing our defense to run around like scared chickens.  Oh, and our lack of a midfield also meant that Sturridge didn't get the ball.  Or Origi when he came on.  Or Benteke.

It wasn't our forwards that lost this game, it was lost in the midfield, and then when the midfield collapsed the defenders collapsed as well.  Daft to blame Sturridge, absolutely daft.

• Upvote 1

If ever there was a case of 'defeat snatched from the jaws of victory' this was it. Total capitulation against a side who were there for the taking. Too browned off to say anything else. Feel most sorry for those who made the trip and for Herr Klopp. Let the clear out commence.

• Upvote 1