You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2016 France

Euro 2016: Kit suppliers reveal they are struggling to meet Iceland shirt demand - in Scotland

Kit suppliers Errea have revealed that they are struggling to meet a large demand of Iceland shirts north of the border

Iceland’s kit suppliers have revealed that they are struggling to meet the demand of shirt sales generated by the nation’s fantastic run of results at Euro 2016 after a surge in purchases – in Scotland.

Football fans north of the border are obviously delighted with England’s elimination from Euro 2016 at the hands of Iceland – ranked 34th in the Fifa world rankings – after Monday’s shock 2-1 defeat brought an end to Roy Hodgson’s reign as manager.

And to rub salt into the open wounds of English fans, Scots have rushed to kit themselves out in Iceland merchandise in order to remind their arch rivals of the embarrassing loss in France.

Iceland kit suppliers Errea confirmed that they are struggling to keep up with orders coming in from Scotland as well as other areas in Europe ahead of the quarter-final encounter against host nation France on Sunday, with a place in the last four on the line.

Fabrizio Taddei, export manager for Italian sportswear suppliers Errea, was quoted by The Times as saying: “We are having huge demand and since Iceland beat England I has gone crazy. There have been thousands and thousands of orders from Scotland…but there is demand from all over Europe.”

Remind you of any fans we know from closer to home?

Can still get 7/1 on Italy to win the Euros.

The minute I put money on it they die.

As it goes, I have a multi-bet on from the start of the tournament which is Italy to win and Griezmann top scorer, which I put 40p and would see me get £200.

Also had Pelle player of the tournament with 50p on at 100/1.

Betvictor offering 66/1 on Harry Kane being player of the tournament. Same price Wayne Rooney.

Like buying money 

Zimbabwe_$100_trillion_2009_Obverse.jpg

• Upvote 2

Betvictor offering 66/1 on Harry Kane being player of the tournament. Same price Wayne Rooney.

They must be raking it in with those odds since they've just become our training kit sponsors, replacing Garuda Indonesia's £16m-a-year deal.

Guest Pistonbroke

Belgium will be losing the final to the winner of Germany v Italy.

It's hard to look past either of those two yet they are both capable of having an off day, Belgium and France both have the weapons to beat them in a one off game, personally still think it is wide open.

Guest Pistonbroke

It may have been a poor tournament so far but my 9 year old is still loving it and that kind of makes up for the poor standard of football for me. He's always asking questions about players, teams etc which keeps the old grey matter ticking over and reminiscing about the great tournaments of the past. 

He's been playing with one of those mini footballs in the garden and around the house as I told him it will help him to improve his skills, he just came running up to me and said "watch my Rabona Papa!" and by fuck he has it off to a tee, proud as punch. I'll give it a few years before I teach him how to foul somebody and get away with it though. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Learning Rabonas before Achilles-raking , god forgive you PB.

All that's wrong with the modern game wrapped up in that post.

He loves it mate, he gets his Panini sticker book out before every game, pours himself some apple juice (he calls it children's beer) and plugs into the TV with me. The eldest lad is more interested in Kick Boxing than football, he still watches certain games with me but the youngest lad has watched every one apart from when he was away on a 4 day school trip. It's a breath of fresh air watching the football with him, the innocence and sheer want for knowledge is far better than when I watch football with my mates and shouting at the TV as if it will make a difference to the lazy overpaid Prima Dona's on the pitch.  

Sounds great PB,  cherish the innocence.

I'm an arlarse & I was in 4th year juniors ( Year 6 now ? ) when the 1970 World Cup was on and sitting watching the games late at night with my late dad are one of the strongest memories that I have of him.

Guest Pistonbroke

Sounds great PB,  cherish the innocence.

I'm an arlarse & I was in 4th year juniors ( Year 6 now ? ) when the 1970 World Cup was on and sitting watching the games late at night with my late dad are one of the strongest memories that I have of him.

I'm an arl arse myself mate (52 next month), just started a family late in life and the missus is 7 years younger than me. 

Like you say, these moments are to be cherished. He already hates Ronaldo, so he is learning quick. He also gets to support Germany so he's onto a winner, I'm kind of desperate for Germany to win the tournament now (especially when our spastics whimpered out) as it will break his little heart if they get knocked out. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Should be a cracking match mate, he's off with his mother and brother to watch the new Ice Age film in 3D before that game tomorrow, to say he's excited is an understatement. He'll be shouting for Wales this evening as my best mate and his God Parent is Welsh.