You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2000 new season tickets to be released next season.

Kloppite

I have just had an email from the club saying that 2000 season tickets will be made available for next season when the new stand is complete.

It says that as I am above 2000 on the season ticket waiting list I will not be offered a season ticket for next season.

If they have added 8000 new seats and only 2000 are going to reduce the season ticket waiting list what is the deal with the other 6000? Surely they can't all be for general admission, hospitality and corporate tickets.

Also if the season ticket waiting list is still going to have over 20000 people on it then surely it is not only a sign but a no brainer that the ARE is going to be redeveloped once the main stand is finished.

What does everyone else think.

The club knows 6000 matchday ticket sales will generate a lot of money as these fans will visit the souvie shop before or after a game. Generally STH's dont, they attend the game then piss off home with negligible spend.

That's why they are only giving 2000 new seasies out. They also know a percentage of those being offered the chance of a seasie will not take it up for one reason or another and it will be interesting to see what the retention rate of the new STH's will be when next season's renewals come up.

If we have a great season it could be 100%.

How far above 2000 are you. I'm at 4500ish but haven't had that email yet. A mate who's at 13,000ish has had that email.

I'm trying to gauge who they're sending it to.

23545 but it will drop by 2000 once the tickets have been allocated.

The club knows 6000 matchday ticket sales will generate a lot of money as these fans will visit the souvie shop before or after a game. Generally STH's dont, they attend the game then piss off home with negligible spend.

That's why they are only giving 2000 new seasies out. They also know a percentage of those being offered the chance of a seasie will not take it up for one reason or another and it will be interesting to see what the retention rate of the new STH's will be when next season's renewals come up.

If we have a great season it could be 100%.

Yes but even if some who are offered don't take them up they will still be offered to someone.

Will the club though sell an extra 6000 tickets as general admission?

If they have added 8000 new seats and only 2000 are going to reduce the season ticket waiting list what is the deal with the other 6000? Surely they can't all be for general admission, hospitality and corporate tickets.

Maybe they're for the FIFA family.

Mega hypocritical of the club to whinge about only getting 10,000 tickets for Basel when they're releasing an even smaller proportion of new Anfield seats to those on the waiting list.

Yes but even if some who are offered don't take them up they will still be offered to someone.

Will the club though sell an extra 6000 tickets as general admission?

Yes, my point was only 2000 will be release but, some people may still be in with a shout if they are maybe 2500 on the list.

Maybe the club will make say another 2000 available to members or whatever the scheme is with the balance being matchday sales. By matchday sales I dontmean walk up to the ticket off or gate and pay on the day/

Maybe they're for the FIFA family.

Mega hypocritical of the club to whinge about only getting 10,000 tickets for Basel when they're releasing an even smaller proportion of new Anfield seats to those on the waiting list.

Err...I don't see how this comparison works at all. How is this 'hypocritical'?

The remaining tickets will still be available for Liverpool fans. Or are we classifying level of fandom between those who can afford a season ticket and those who can only afford/be around for the odd game per season?

• Upvote 1

Err...I don't see how this comparison works at all. How is this 'hypocritical'?

The remaining tickets will still be available for Liverpool fans. Or are we classifying level of fandom between those who can afford a season ticket and those who can only afford/be around for the odd game per season?

People have been on that list for years, yet the club chases the daytripper dollar at the expense of less lucrative, more deserving cases.

Yes, my point was only 2000 will be release but, some people may still be in with a shout if they are maybe 2500 on the list.

Maybe the club will make say another 2000 available to members or whatever the scheme is with the balance being matchday sales. By matchday sales I dontmean walk up to the ticket off or gate and pay on the day/

SEASON TICKET WAITING LIST UPDATE

Dear Kloppite

The expanded Main Stand is getting closer to completion and the club has now released 2,000 season tickets for those at the top of the season ticket waiting list.

Your current waiting list position is: 23545

As a supporter whose position is greater than 2,000, unfortunately, we will be unable to offer you a season ticket for 16/17 season. Your position will be updated once we have processed this year’s season ticket renewals. We will contact you to advise of your new position in due course

Each year we expect to see a very limited number of season tickets become available to those who remain on the waiting list, however we will continue to announce any match ticket availability on our website www.liverpoolfc.com

For next season we do have a limited number of seasonal hospitality packages still available in the expanded Main Stand in our new sports bar - The Anfield Dugout. You can register your interest now.

(It deffo says only 2000 and a limited number each season.)

People have been on that list for years, yet the club chases the daytripper dollar at the expense of less lucrative, more deserving cases.

If they go ahead and redevelop the ARE and release more season tickets once that has been completed then although not a popular thing to do but maybe it's what we have all wanted and that is for the club to get its act together and capitalise on merchandising to increase revenue so we can be more competitive in the transfer market.

Why are they 'more deserving'?

Some people aren't on that list because they geographically or financially cannot viably join it. This 'them' and 'us' mentality between Liverpool fans just seems a bit childish. We all support the same club.

To be clear - I'm on the list too and I would love to have a season ticket quicker. I just don't resent the 'daytrippers'.

• Upvote 1

I was on the season ticket waiting list for about a decade. Then one summer, I contacted the club to inform them of a change of address and was told they had no record of me, even though I still had the letter of confirmation that they sent me when I first applied. They couldn't have give less of a fuck and said there was nothing they could do. That was back in 2005 and consequently, I haven't been to a home game since. Fuck them, the cunts.

• Upvote 2

We got our season tickets in the late 80's straight away if I recall.

Anfield would always have empty seats apart from when we had a big game.

Not sure about the eighties but l seem to remember season tickets being available over the counter when Souness was manager.

'Spend per seat' is the FSG way...so they would much rather keep a bigger percentage of seats in new stand for the kind of fan who will buy the shite they sell in liverworld or whatever it is called now, buy 20 programmes to take back to their mates and buy their ale and scran in the ground.

I was on the season ticket waiting list for about a decade. Then one summer, I contacted the club to inform them of a change of address and was told they had no record of me, even though I still had the letter of confirmation that they sent me when I first applied. They couldn't have give less of a fuck and said there was nothing they could do. That was back in 2005 and consequently, I haven't been to a home game since. Fuck them, the cunts.

Liverpool's loss is Flashscore's gain.

• Upvote 2

i went on this sometime in the 90s and finally got offered one early 2000s but had to knock it back due to personal reasons. The bird I was with and I were about to fuck off travelling for a couple of years. I've never forgiven myself.

Just got that email and I'm about 6000 down the list even though I reapplied years ago. Thought with the redevelopments there might have been a chance in the nearer future. Still fucking miles away though

I'm about 3,700 in the list. I'd say I think I'll be a lot closer than 1,700 when the dust settles. Everyone ahead of me is at least 14 years in the waiting, how many of them are now in Australia or not in a position to cough up the best part of a grand? Personally I think it's good that 6,000 seats are being kept for wools, day trippers, out-of-towners or whatever insult you want to throw out. Locals can buy those tickets as well if they want to bother their backside long enough to actually try and get tickets rather than moaning that wools, day trippers, out-of-towners or whatever insult they want to throw out are taking all the tickets.

• Upvote 3