You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Most over rated band ever....

withnail71

Talented artists do not always make a good team regardless of that talent.

Radiohead's stuff is both too depressing and too slow for my own musical tastes,and Pink Floyd just dont do anything to tickle my musical tastebuds.

Unless you absolutely cannot stand Yorke's voice there is at least one Radiohead song for everyone, including plenty of not very slow or depressing at all tunes. Got a pretty wide variety of stuff. I've had a few people who "don't like Radiohead" listen to stuff I'm playing and ask what it is because it's good; and find out it's Radiohead.

• Upvote 1

The entire output of any band labelled as either prog rock or new romantic

You can probably add grime to that list but I've refused to listen to enough of it to have a proper opinion on it

And 2-step garage, especially Craig David

Craig fuckin David , what shit. He's a bit of local hero here and countless people claim they where in the same school as him.

The Kaiser Chiefs like a lot others the songs they put out are more like anthems.

Elbow. Guy Garvey is too overweight to sing so he gets the crowd to do it while a randomly placed choir boy does the rest. Widely lauded as some genius band based purely on the fact they manage to shoehorn someone playing a viola into every chorus.

• Upvote 3

Unless you absolutely cannot stand Yorke's voice there is at least one Radiohead song for everyone, including plenty of not very slow or depressing at all tunes. Got a pretty wide variety of stuff. I've had a few people who "don't like Radiohead" listen to stuff I'm playing and ask what it is because it's good; and find out it's Radiohead.

The 'one song for everybody' point applies to most bands,I even like a Bucks Fizz song,but this doesnt mean they are a great band. One Swallow doesnt make a Summer(unless you are a 16 year old on holiday in a Caravan Park.)

The 'one song for everybody' point applies to most bands,I even like a Bucks Fizz song,but this doesnt mean they are a great band. One Swallow doesnt make a Summer(unless you are a 16 year old on holiday in a Caravan Park.)

I don't think it does. Most people could happily name dozens of acts they cannot stand - and often do on here, to be fair. Oh and you just said you like Bucks Fizz. Ha.

That "Para, Para, Paradise" song by Coldplay has half a billion views on Youtube. Stevie Wonder's Higher Ground has 4 million.

I think we'd be better off focusing all the world's energy on finding the IP address of every person that's viewed a Coldplay song made in the last 5 years, then turning up at their homes in the middle of the night and kidnapping them in their sleep, Gestapo style. Before corralling them into a giant intergalactic cannon and firing them unceremoniously towards the next inhabitable star. Let Proxima Centauri deal with their shit.

That's a lot of nights bud.

Jigsaw's is one hell of a tune.

Elbow. Guy Garvey is too overweight to sing so he gets the crowd to do it while a randomly placed choir boy does the rest. Widely lauded as some genius band based purely on the fact they manage to shoehorn someone playing a viola into every chorus.

You are doing a Elbow a massive injustice in my opinion.

Guy Garvey is a very charismatic front man. Went to see them in the Echo a few years ago with the missus. Left the gig feeling like I had spent the night enjoying a.few beers with a dead sound fella who can tell a great story.

Money well spent.

• Upvote 3

I don't think it does. Most people could happily name dozens of acts they cannot stand - and often do on here, to be fair. Oh and you just said you like Bucks Fizz. Ha.

Well,the female half anyway.

If you knew what I would have liked to have done to Jay Aston you wouldn't be so quick to mock.

Coldplay for me but never rated Radiohead although most people do.

Further back Ultravox were cack

If anything, Ultravox are underrated.  Most people think of them as one-hit wonders, but they were two bands for the price of one: John Foxx's arthouse post-punks and Midge Ure's chart-bothering New Romantics (who were brilliant live).

I like people singing in their own accent. Shack just wouldn't be the same if they used bland trans Atlantic vocals.

Which brings us nicely back to Simple Minds.

Apparently, The Proclaimers used to get grief from their record label for singing in their own voices; "But Jim Kerr is Scottish and he sounds normal!"

Apparently, The Proclaimers used to get grief from their record label for singing in their own voices; "But Jim Kerr is Scottish and he sounds normal!"

Throw The R Away by them is boss and covers it pretty well.

I have a lot of respect for people singing in their own accents but the Scottish one just doesn't work for rock music at all for me, it's all in the vowels.

I was never a singer but if I had been, I would've been doing my best Smokey Robinson impression.