You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Most over rated band ever....

withnail71

If you could name more than one member of that band then i'd know you weren't just being a dick. They weren't brilliant even by their own admission but fuck right off. You have named the Rolling Stones in this thread. Your musical opinion is null and void.

Liam Gallagher and Andy Bell (who used to be in Ride then Hurricane #1).

Does that mean I can call them absolute gash now?

When I was a teenager I thought the Stones and The Who were old and past it (I was 14-18 in mid-80s).

The Who are playing a 50th anniversary tour???

Why?

You know the greatest comedy of all time?

Fawlty Towers. They only did 12 episodes.

The Who were finished in the mid 70s, round about the same time as The Stones.

Both bands were fucking amazing from about '67 to '73.

• Upvote 1

Whole heap of neg this thread.

The Stones is a good call, especially as they haven't done anything relevant for 40 years, but prior to that they were good.  Most heavy rock/metal leaves me cold, but I wouldn't say Led Zeppelin were over-rated.

Since the early Seventies they've been the world's best Rolling Stones tribute band.

I've started listening to absolute radio recently, and they play The Clash quite often. I've tried to understand the hype surrounding The Clash , but i just don't get it. Average lyrics, shit vocals, shit tunes.Who gets your vote ? 

tumblr_inline_mon7p93Yyq1qz4rgp.gif

Should I Stay or Should I Go and Rock the Casbah are probably the worst things the Clash ever did.  They also account for probably 90% of the mainstream airplay the Clash get.

Should I Stay or Should I Go and Rock the Casbah are probably the worst things the Clash ever did. They also account for probably 90% of the mainstream airplay the Clash get.

The worst thing they ever did was everything on Cut The Crap that isn't This Is England.

The Stones are one of the biggest bands of all time but I think their records fall slightly below that level. There was nothing especially new or unique about them, whereas The Beatles just continually innovated while at the very top of the tree.

Muse are terrible. I once saw them while full of MDMA and had to run away to the other side of the festival so I couldn't hear them. Horrendous stuff. Good light show like.

They're massive but if you can't get into it in that state...pure dogshit!

If you could name more than one member of that band then i'd know you weren't just being a dick. They weren't brilliant even by their own admission but fuck right off. You have named the Rolling Stones in this thread. Your musical opinion is null and void.

Ha!

Would knowing any of their names make their music sound better then? I had a mad idea that actually hearing the music gave you more basis to form an opinion than knowing who the fuck was making the racket.

The stuff I heard (on national radio stations) wasn't fit for a pub band. Hence how they were over-rated...because people rated them highly enough to play their dross on the radio.

I heard a saying once "Wherever you are in the world, you're never more than ten feet away from a Foo Fighters album". Ubiquitous is a great word.

Agree on Muse, although I still love Origin of Symmetry and to a lesser extent Absolution and Showbiz. They disappeared up their own Supermassive Black Holes after Absolution though.