You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty - Infinite Warfare

Allan

Can I get Xbox live for 12 months and then play COD on my mates console?

I only want to do this until Black Friday.

Presumably my profile will still be my Xbox 360 one?

Yes. Just add your profile to his XB1, and yes, your profile is still your 360 profile.

Yes. Just add your profile to his XB1, and yes, your profile is still your 360 profile.

I think that's what I'll do, as he's away for a week or so.  Then on Black Friday I'll get the console.

I nearly relented and bought this purely for the remaster but I can't bring myself to let Activision think I actually wanted IW. 

Hopefully they'll release it standalone at some point and it sells well so that they start making proper games again.

Although there seems to be rumours of them moving the COD online thing they do in China worldwide, which would be my preferred option as it's nearing my ideal of a single game which stays consistent and they just keep adding maps while keeping the others.

I'd love a COD with all of the MW, MW2, MW3, BO and BO2 maps and then they just keep adding to it. 

• Upvote 1

Not me

They need to get back to WW2

The remastered COD 4 is WW2 isn't it?

On another note how shit is it nowdays when you buy a game and console that you have so many updates or have to download games.

No just shoving a disc in and playing anymore sadly.

Whats this game like is it worth buying or is it as reportedly shite as the others?

I cannot claim to know whether it's worth buying or not as I haven't and don't really plan on but I think this says it all...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-07-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-launch-sales-down-nearly-50-percent-on-black-ops-3

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare launch sales down nearly 50% on Black Ops 3

Both Infinite Warfare and Blops 3 launched on a similar Friday in November. Both games had a huge marketing push. But, for a number of reasons, Infinite Warfare sold only half as well.

That's not to say Infinite Warfare flopped - far from it. Infinity Ward's sci-fi shooter was still 2016's second-largest launch in the UK - behind FIFA 17 - despite losing half its sales year-on-year.

But what caused all those lost sales?

Firstly, Infinite Warfare launched without PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 editions, as Black Ops 3 did.

However, even accounting for the loss of last-gen platforms, Infinite Warfare's sales were still down by 43.6 per cent, UK numbers company Chart-Track noted.

In a financial briefing last week, publisher Activision said it expected Infinite Warfare to sell less than last year as it was a new sub-brand, compared to the return of the popular, established Black Ops franchise a year ago.

This will have been a factor - Black Ops is by far the biggest sub-brand for the series.

But to suggest this as the only cause overlooks the huge negative backlash against Infinite Warfare which has persisted among many fans since its unveiling.

Many COD players have not warmed to Infinite Warfare's space-set gameplay. Others have criticised Activision's decision to only bundle Modern Warfare Remastered with premium Infinite Warfare editions.

Fan reaction has been tempered since the game's unpopular unveiling back in May (when the trailer was downvoted to become one of the most disliked videos in YouTube history).

As for how good the game is - well, Eurogamer's review will be online shortly now we've had a chance to play the game on live servers. Edwin's already weighed in with his view on Infinite Warfare's campaign, however - branding it "slick, morbid and a bit dull".

I cannot claim to know whether it's worth buying or not as I haven't and don't really plan on but I think this says it all...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-07-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-launch-sales-down-nearly-50-percent-on-black-ops-3

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare launch sales down nearly 50% on Black Ops 3

Both Infinite Warfare and Blops 3 launched on a similar Friday in November. Both games had a huge marketing push. But, for a number of reasons, Infinite Warfare sold only half as well.

That's not to say Infinite Warfare flopped - far from it. Infinity Ward's sci-fi shooter was still 2016's second-largest launch in the UK - behind FIFA 17 - despite losing half its sales year-on-year.

But what caused all those lost sales?

Firstly, Infinite Warfare launched without PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 editions, as Black Ops 3 did.

However, even accounting for the loss of last-gen platforms, Infinite Warfare's sales were still down by 43.6 per cent, UK numbers company Chart-Track noted.

In a financial briefing last week, publisher Activision said it expected Infinite Warfare to sell less than last year as it was a new sub-brand, compared to the return of the popular, established Black Ops franchise a year ago.

This will have been a factor - Black Ops is by far the biggest sub-brand for the series.

But to suggest this as the only cause overlooks the huge negative backlash against Infinite Warfare which has persisted among many fans since its unveiling.

Many COD players have not warmed to Infinite Warfare's space-set gameplay. Others have criticised Activision's decision to only bundle Modern Warfare Remastered with premium Infinite Warfare editions.

Fan reaction has been tempered since the game's unpopular unveiling back in May (when the trailer was downvoted to become one of the most disliked videos in YouTube history).

As for how good the game is - well, Eurogamer's review will be online shortly now we've had a chance to play the game on live servers. Edwin's already weighed in with his view on Infinite Warfare's campaign, however - branding it "slick, morbid and a bit dull".

Thanks for that i think i will swerve it.

Can anyone recommend any decent games?

Thanks for that i think i will swerve it.

Can anyone recommend any decent games?

Depends on the type of game you like, Battlefield 1 is indeed very good. I just picked up Dishonored 2 as I really enjoyed the first one and the second one is just as good, if not better.

The BETA of IW was crap. 

It seems from BETA to launch it's remained thus.

Sales are massively down for it and for good reason. Just had an email from CDkeys this morning, they're discounting the Legacy Edition by 50%. 

Looks like they might have released that they've fucked up and are trying to drop the legacy edition costs to drag in sales in the hope the MW remaster drags people in.

Game has only been out for less than 3 weeks and they#re already discounting it to that extent?

The hope for me is that they release they've been making shit games for the last 3 or 4 years and sort it out for the next variations.

Boots on the ground and loads of maps. Simple enough really. It's the only thing that's likely to drag me back into it. 

Did you get this before the price reduction kicked in? Also, did you get yourself an XB1 in the end, or are you still looking around?

I got it a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoying it, but I haven't played it too much.  I am struggling to find a class that suits my style as well.

In MW2 I used the M16.  But in this game the M16 doesn't seem as powerful.  Needs one or two extra shots to kill them, so I might have to look for a different gun.

The secondary weapons are poop as well, all shitty pistols.

But I'll get there.

I got it a couple of weeks ago.

Enjoying it, but I haven't played it too much.  I am struggling to find a class that suits my style as well.

In MW2 I used the M16.  But in this game the M16 doesn't seem as powerful.  Needs one or two extra shots to kill them, so I might have to look for a different gun.

The secondary weapons are poop as well, all shitty pistols.

But I'll get there.

Ha! The M16 with red dot used to be so OP in the original COD4. I hear the G3 is good this time round, though as it's semi auto, you'll need to have a good trigger finger.