You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Swansea City (Away) - Sunday 1st May 12:00

Allan

Ibe has really turned out shit...

Yeah, I know he's young and there will be some who point to players who came on later but I just can't see him playing in a Klopp side long-term.  Even if he improves his touch and starts to look up more, he just doesn't defend from the front at all.  

If it were me I'd be cashing in.  He's young, English, pacy, and on low wages - with all the TV money floating around someone will probably give us 15 million.

• Upvote 1

Horrible day. All we need now is to miss a penalty and the day will be almost complete. I hope we don't concede an OG to finish off the icing on this particular cake.

Its a dangerous thing to try and switch form on and off when it suits you, yet I can understand why we have made so many changes with Vlliareal on Thursday.

I've always felt that you should field your defence together as much as possible, so that they (firstly) establish communication between each other then (secondly) maintain it. You can play around with the midfield and strikers to some degree because different styles of formation will likely be needed against different opposition, and by and large, the midfield and strikers should work harder than defenders in a system that relies on pressing as ours usually does.

We've not done any of that at any level today though and so Swansea look like world beaters.  

Having conceded three our keeper is definitely MOM

he probably is.  Clyne could be second?  The seniors have been shite.  Lovren has been the least shit.  Sturridge, Coutinho and Lucas have been dreadful, Skrtel better but still poor, Ibe and Ojo sealing their championship careers.  

In other news the sun has been cracking the flags down here - it's 18 degrees, and it's absolutely pissing down in Swansea.  Poor bastards.

It isn't - it really isn't the bottom line.

Go and look at the teams doing ok...do they fuck around like we do? No...they have squads that are balanced and players who are comfortable with the jobs they are asked to do and they go and enforce their way on games.

What we have isn't Klopps fault he hasn't assembled it - but he needs to find a way to fix it.

If it is 4-2-3-1 for example then we should be able to put out a team with 7 changes that does not have such a massive drop off in quality that can play that way....we can't even really put out a proper 'first 11' in a formation because we have so many players who can't tie their bootlaces without picking up an injury that keeps them out for a month.

Squad is a mess and Klopp has a huge job on.

OK we'll have to disagree. The team today is almost an U21 team.

People are complaining that the younger players are getting caught in possession, not clearing the ball or why is so and so even starting as he should be saved for Thursday.

If a player has to be saved for thursday that means the team is further weakened. So we're back again to either fielding our strongest team or not.

You've said yourself the manager is having to use the previous manager's players. WTF is he supposed to do?

No one likes losing but the bigger picture right now is Thursday.

I don't envy him.

He will know that big changes are needed, but you can only buy / sell a limited number of players at a time.

Furthermore, you can see why the Europa League is being prioritised. Without Europe, what sort of players are we going to compete for with Spurs, Man City and Arsenal definitely able to offer a more attractive medium-term package, and Man Utd, Chelsea & Leicester potentially able to do the same?

It all goes back to the criminal waste of money and poor decisons after our title challenge -when the cars engine needing replacing and we went out and bought 4 tyres a set of brakes and a new exhaust instead.....and then not acting quick enough when it spluttered to a crash at the end of the following season and allowing the same mistakes to be made again and for it crash straight off the line this season...

Klopp has done his best with the heap he has and now has a complete rebuild to do

....in fact he has to buy a new car!!

• Upvote 1

he probably is.  Clyne could be second?  The seniors have been shite.  Lovren has been the least shit.  Sturridge, Coutinho and Lucas have been dreadful, Skrtel better but still poor, Ibe and Ojo sealing their championship careers.  

The executive summary being various shades of shite

OK we'll have to disagree. The team today is almost an U21 team.

People are complaining that the younger players are getting caught in possession, not clearing the ball or why is so and so even starting as he should be saved for Thursday.

If a player has to be saved for thursday that means the team is further weakened. So we're back again to either fielding our strongest team or not.

You've said yourself the manager is having to use the previous manager's players. WTF is he supposed to do?

No one likes losing but the bigger picture right now is Thursday.

The question, mate is why is the team today like it is....

For me it is down to the way the squad has been allowed to be built post our title challenge 2 years ago...it isn't Klopps fault of course but the problem is we again go into transition.

For me it is down to the way the squad has been allowed to be built post our title challenge 2 years ago...it isn't Klopps fault it of course but the problem is we again go into transition.

Think we all know the answer, the shite transfers after Suarez was sold.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

For me it is down to the way the squad has been allowed to be built post our title challenge 2 years ago...it isn't Klopps fault of course but the problem is we again go into transition.

I forgot the game was on so early, looks like I had a lucky escape missing it.

The team was like it was today because Klopp selected youngsters who were released and who were on loan when Rodgers was manager.Lets not try to shift the blame on to Rodgers for Klopps mistakes, with a weaker squad and no strikers Rodgers had more points in the league at this stage last season.

• Downvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

I can't believe I watched all of that drivel.

We need to have a massive sale in the summer. Maybe we can tempt other teams with a buy one get one free offer, because most of those on that pitch today don#t deserve to get wages from our club, let alone represent it on the pitch.