You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europa League Semi Final 1st Leg - Villarreal away 28/4

Bjornebye

I've had a bad feeling the last few days about this game and didn't want to spread negativity that's why I didn't post in this thread, Klopp deserves to be criticised for today and I see many fans feel the same way.

When you play away first you should be playing to get some away goals to end the tie, going for a nil nil against an average Villareal side is poor management.It was clear Firmino was dong fuck all before even an hour in to the game, it was almost like Klopp didn't want to bring on a striker and admit he got his selection wrong.

I would have preferred a 3-1 loss if we had gone out an attacked rather than what's happened, hopefully Klopp starts Sturridge at anfield and he may be able to save us.

No, you ran on here as quick as your little legs could carry you because for some inexplicable reason you're a Rodgers fan and not a Liverpool one.

Rodgers was a fucking disgrace in Europe and you're a disgrace on here.

Villarreal defend well? They were lucky our final ball was shit most of the time.

Yes they have done well the past few seasons finishing 6,6 and now probably 4th in the Spanish league, but take away the top three in Spain and the rest of that league is similar to our own but probably worse as far as the gap goes. Could we beat Stoke/West Ham/Southampton/ 2-0 at home? of course we can if we take our chances. Villarreal are no better than those I have mentioned. 

I fancy us to get 3 against these at Anfield, they ain't all that. 

I've noticed the anti Klopp/Pro Rodgers brigade are out in force, fucking cunts don't deserve to be part of our club. 

Pistonbroke in being clueless shocker. Villarreal are absolute miles above those sides. 

I would have preferred a 3-1 loss if we had gone out an attacked rather than what's happened, hopefully Klopp starts Sturridge at anfield and he may be able to save us.

Yep, but that's because you're a fucking moron.

At least, a 1-0 win at Anfield, which a perfectly plausible scoreline, would see us get extra-time.

Still in the tie.

Don't think we played that poorly. If the fullbacks hadn't have gone AWOL and left is exposed with 90 seconds to go, we'd have a 0-0 draw and would be saying it was a professional European away performance.

Firmino ran the channels well. Could've been tactical to get their centre backs out of position and make space for midfield runners. But it meant we lacked a focal point up top.

Lucas, Touré and Allen had good games. Ibe put in a really disappointing performance. Just looked quite sulky.

An early goal against them in the second leg will see us well.

One potential sour note. The couple of dickheads chanting THAT shite on a week like this when Macca was first interviewed really need to have a word with themselves. Divvies.

We need to blow the roof off Anfield next week and make it as intimidating as possible. The usual flares down Anfield Road. We need to make them shit themselves big time. They have a local derby against Valencia this weekend. We shouldn't have any of our team anywhere near the Swansea game on Sunday

Blame Klopp? Fuck me. The tactics were absolutely spot on for a difficult away leg in Europe, but a last minute mistake/miracle pass made it 1-0. When they come to Anfield, we'll go all out and score early.

Sturridge is a wonderful footballer. He is, alas, also quite lazy and selfish. Not what you want for a match like this. He'll score against them at home, no worries.

Something we never seem to find a way around.

Almost no team in the world can find joy against organized and commited teams who defend deep. That's why Atletico are where they are, why Leicester will win the Premier League and why Villarreal are 4th in Spain.

Almost no team in the world can find joy against organized and commited teams who defend deep. That's why Atletico are where they are, why Leicester will win the Premier League and why Villarreal are 4th in Spain.

Exactly and that is why we have a big time uphill battle on our hands...

It is finely poised still though

Guest Pistonbroke

Pistonbroke in being clueless shocker. Villarreal are absolute miles above those sides. 

3 stacks being slightly lower than JP as far as brains go. What have Villarreal achieved in their short history? Do you actually know anything about them? Thought not. They are just similar to those clubs who are promoted to the PL and do decent for a few seasons before fucking off back to mediocrity. 

Those sides I mentioned are exactly Villarreals level.