Sign in to follow this  
Paulie Dangerously

Picking at the relegation carcass

10 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

That Cornet from Burnley looks lively. Whenever I watch them he's involved in goals, winning pens etc. 

Lots of 99er jokes as well. 

I was going to mention him but others already have. I've heard his mentality is a bit flakey though.

20 minutes ago, J-V said:

Could also be you struggle to read given it’s you that’s highly likely.

Given its me? Wanker.

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

Given its me? Wanker.

I mean, for someone who used to get mad at me and follow me around negging me for having strong opinions, saying people don't understand football if they don't rate a particular player is a bit ironic on your part.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I thought Sarr would have had a much better season. 

Agreed. Given we were linked with him quite heavily, I made a point of watching him when we played them in October. 

Granted, Watford were dreadful but after he'd given our centre back the runaround in 2020, I expected more. he was as bad, if not worse, than his team mates.

For the c.£40m Watford wanted, but certainly did massively better with Jota.

Anyhoo, my own thoughts...

Norwich - I keep hearing Max Aarons is good but I assume that's mostly from his FIFA / FM stats. Cantwell is on a free, might do Ok for a mid-table side. Neither are for us.

Watford - As posted above, Saar has been disappointing this season. I've read a number of sides are interested in Joao Pedro, given Watford will likely want a fortune for a player with a 1/9 record, it's a pass.

Leeds - The word on the street here is Phillips is off to Man City. I like Raphina, clearly talented but I've not convinced by his attitude. He's gone missing when Leeds have needed him the most and seems to be sulking. At allegedly £25m for either, I wouldn't be against signing either but I wouldn't be convinced by them.

Burnley - No thanks.

17 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Anyhoo, my own thoughts...

Norwich - I keep hearing Max Aarons is good but I assume that's mostly from his FIFA / FM stats. Cantwell is on a free, might do Ok for a mid-table side. Neither are for us.

Watford - As posted above, Saar has been disappointing this season. I've read a number of sides are interested in Joao Pedro, given Watford will likely want a fortune for a player with a 1/9 record, it's a pass.

Leeds - The word on the street here is Phillips is off to Man City. I like Raphina, clearly talented but I've not convinced by his attitude. He's gone missing when Leeds have needed him the most and seems to be sulking. At allegedly £25m for either, I wouldn't be against signing either but I wouldn't be convinced by them.

Burnley - No thanks.

Agree with this. Raphinha is quality but he'd cost too much money for someone who can only really play where Mo does. Not sure about his mentality either.

The only player in that relegation shake up I'm taking is my boy Bamford.

*fist bumps aRdja*

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, dave u said:

Agree with this. Raphinha is quality but he'd cost too much money for someone who can only really play where Mo does. Not sure about his mentality either.

The only player in that relegation shake up I'm taking is my boy Bamford.

*fist bumps aRdja*

Good man. I think Bamford is a lovely footballer but he’s been injured all year, so I would like to see him return to his the form he was showing last year. On the other hand, Gelhardt looks like a big talent. Lovely assist for their equaliser vs Brighton. 

• Upvote 1