You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Picking at the relegation carcass

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

Given its me? Wanker.

I mean, for someone who used to get mad at me and follow me around negging me for having strong opinions, saying people don't understand football if they don't rate a particular player is a bit ironic on your part.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I thought Sarr would have had a much better season. 

Agreed. Given we were linked with him quite heavily, I made a point of watching him when we played them in October. 

Granted, Watford were dreadful but after he'd given our centre back the runaround in 2020, I expected more. he was as bad, if not worse, than his team mates.

For the c.£40m Watford wanted, but certainly did massively better with Jota.

Anyhoo, my own thoughts...

Norwich - I keep hearing Max Aarons is good but I assume that's mostly from his FIFA / FM stats. Cantwell is on a free, might do Ok for a mid-table side. Neither are for us.

Watford - As posted above, Saar has been disappointing this season. I've read a number of sides are interested in Joao Pedro, given Watford will likely want a fortune for a player with a 1/9 record, it's a pass.

Leeds - The word on the street here is Phillips is off to Man City. I like Raphina, clearly talented but I've not convinced by his attitude. He's gone missing when Leeds have needed him the most and seems to be sulking. At allegedly £25m for either, I wouldn't be against signing either but I wouldn't be convinced by them.

Burnley - No thanks.

19 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Cornet is far from being good enough for us. And he’s not consistent. 

Does he make you scream? He makes I scream.

17 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Norwich - I keep hearing Max Aarons is good but I assume that's mostly from his FIFA / FM stats. Cantwell is on a free, might do Ok for a mid-table side. Neither are for us.

Watford - As posted above, Saar has been disappointing this season. I've read a number of sides are interested in Joao Pedro, given Watford will likely want a fortune for a player with a 1/9 record, it's a pass.

Leeds - The word on the street here is Phillips is off to Man City. I like Raphina, clearly talented but I've not convinced by his attitude. He's gone missing when Leeds have needed him the most and seems to be sulking. At allegedly £25m for either, I wouldn't be against signing either but I wouldn't be convinced by them.

Burnley - No thanks.

Agree with this. Raphinha is quality but he'd cost too much money for someone who can only really play where Mo does. Not sure about his mentality either.

The only player in that relegation shake up I'm taking is my boy Bamford.

*fist bumps aRdja*

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, dave u said:

Agree with this. Raphinha is quality but he'd cost too much money for someone who can only really play where Mo does. Not sure about his mentality either.

The only player in that relegation shake up I'm taking is my boy Bamford.

*fist bumps aRdja*

Good man. I think Bamford is a lovely footballer but he’s been injured all year, so I would like to see him return to his the form he was showing last year. On the other hand, Gelhardt looks like a big talent. Lovely assist for their equaliser vs Brighton. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 20/05/2022 at 20:29, Scott_M said:

Burnley - No thanks.

Bump  - because Everton are putting all their efforts into shopping at "no thanks".

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Mad that it's nearly April and there are still 9 teams in the mix - and they're all down there for a reason.

Palace - Olise looks alright, at times.

Wolves - Wotsisface, the midfielder we've been linked with

Leeds - Willy Gnonto has got a cool name. The rest of the squad have got nothing.

Everton - As fucking if!

Forest - They've all already been tried and rejected by everyone else.

Leicester - Wout Faes is good for a couple of goals, but no thanks.

West Ham - Nah.

Bournemouth - Just no.

Southampton - Nah.

Can we stop with the Prowse nonsense, until they change the rules and you can bring on a kicker for freekicks there's nothing he offers that we need.

Plenty of talented squad options in the teams fighting relegation though.

Palace - Olise and Guehi

Wolves - Nunes, Neves

Leeds - Adams, Sinisterra, Gnoto

Everton - Hah

Forest - Brennan

Leicester - can't think of anyone

West Ham - Rice (though I don't really rate him as highly as others) and Bowen

Bournemouth - Nope

Southampton - Romeo Lavia seems like a no brainer, Alcarez, Caleta-Car, Salisu, Kotchap (though none would be must buys

Very few would be must buys from that list, the best fits/bargains might be Lavia, Nunes (or Neves) and Guehi.

Neves is far too slow for us in my view. We need power and real mobility (if not outright pace) in every position on the pitch, but especially midfield right now. That Adams lad at Leeds looks good though. 

Depends how much running you want him to do and who you're pairing him with in midfield, otherwise he brings us a more consistent (slightly less talented) Thiago, on the left of the three dropping into the double pivot.

Pairing him with Fabinho and Henderson then he'd obviously be too slow, putting him alongside a more athletic #6 and right sided #8 then it's less of a problem.