You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Picking at the relegation carcass

Cantwell definitely has talent. Is he a bit of a tit though? There's something about him makes me think he is. 

Ake at Bournemouth is good but wouldn't be a viable signing as he's not as good as Gomez and he'd cost loads. Brooks has a lot of potential. 

Sarr has looked pretty shit to me any time I've seen him, apart from that one game against us obviously. Saying that, he plays for Watford so it's probably not fair to judge him as they're absolutely shite. Amazing to think they might stay up. 

Grealish is by far the best player in any team that might be relegated. Douglas Luiz is decent too. 

West Ham aren't getting relegated but Rice is a good player. 

Guest Pistonbroke

A lot of things to factor in, do the players who actually look better only do so because they are shining in a team that has played shit all season, especially because they are either the fulcrum in M/F or defence. The fact that quite a few that are mentioned are English and would cost a fortune, or at least twice their actual worth, or they are players with a few seasons of top class football under their belt. It's one thing shining amongst the shit of a struggling team, totally different environment being part of a winning squad. Probably best to look at those players who have performed well over the whole season.

Norwich: Despite the plaudits they get they have scored the least goals in the PL and conceded the most. OK, a lot can be put down to naivety and trying to play themselves out of trouble, but they really were wank. 

Krul as back up keeper maybe, but he's 32 and won't want to become a bench warmer in what effectively would be his last move. 

Aarons, can play both at RB and LB and is only 20, not a bad little player when I've seen him and clearly Norwich's best defender. 

Cantwell is the obvious one but I don't rate him, especially because of the price he would attract. He's lightweight and spends just as much time on the deck as Richarlison. 

Bournemouth:

Their young keeper Ramsdale might be worth a look at as back up. Only 22 and a decent keeper. 

Ake would be the obvious player you'd want from them, but he'd cost to much. Maybe's we can work our magic and come up with some swap deal plus cash, off load our gunk on poor old Bournemouth, not like they have anything against that scenario. 

Sam Surridge: Not really seen enough of him but he looks like a decent young prospect. They loaned him out a lot and he chipped in with goals, albeit at a lower level. 

Aston Villa:

Grealish, but he's a diving cunt always looking for contact. In the areas he plays if looks for a free kick and doesn't get it then it puts his team at risk. Not sure he'd be the type of player to flourish under Klopp. He's also Villa's go to player so gets involved a lot more and he can be quite wasteful. No doubting he's a decent player but he'd cost way too much. 

Mings: Overrated IMO and again would cost too much.

Think Watford and WH will be safe and can't be arsed looking at most of their Junk.

Antonio: Could be a handful for us, but he's 30. He'd be a better option than Origi imo. 

Rice: is another player who is overrated. Does a few good things and everyone wanks over him because he's English, they conveniently forget his poor performances, which he has plenty of. 

11 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

A lot of things to factor in, do the players who actually look better only do so because they are shining in a team that has played shit all season, especially because they are either the fulcrum in M/F or defence. The fact that quite a few that are mentioned are English and would cost a fortune, or at least twice their actual worth, or they are players with a few seasons of top class football under their belt. It's one thing shining amongst the shit of a struggling team, totally different environment being part of a winning squad. Probably best to look at those players who have performed well over the whole season.

Norwich: Despite the plaudits they get they have scored the least goals in the PL and conceded the most. OK, a lot can be put down to naivety and trying to play themselves out of trouble, but they really were wank. 

Krul as back up keeper maybe, but he's 32 and won't want to become a bench warmer in what effectively would be his last move. 

Aarons, can play both at RB and LB and is only 20, not a bad little player when I've seen him and clearly Norwich's best defender. 

Cantwell is the obvious one but I don't rate him, especially because of the price he would attract. He's lightweight and spends just as much time on the deck as Richarlison. 

Bournemouth:

Their young keeper Ramsdale might be worth a look at as back up. Only 22 and a decent keeper. 

Ake would be the obvious player you'd want from them, but he'd cost to much. Maybe's we can work our magic and come up with some swap deal plus cash, off load our gunk on poor old Bournemouth, not like they have anything against that scenario. 

Sam Surridge: Not really seen enough of him but he looks like a decent young prospect. They loaned him out a lot and he chipped in with goals, albeit at a lower level. 

Aston Villa:

Grealish, but he's a diving cunt always looking for contact. In the areas he plays if looks for a free kick and doesn't get it then it puts his team at risk. Not sure he'd be the type of player to flourish under Klopp. He's also Villa's go to player so gets involved a lot more and he can be quite wasteful. No doubting he's a decent player but he'd cost way too much. 

Mings: Overrated IMO and again would cost too much.

Think Watford and WH will be safe and can't be arsed looking at most of their Junk.

Antonio: Could be a handful for us, but he's 30. He'd be a better option than Origi imo. 

Rice: is another player who is overrated. Does a few good things and everyone wanks over him because he's English, they conveniently forget his poor performances, which he has plenty of. 

Take your point ref English/British but is one of our problems a lack of homegrown players in our squad ? Good for the likes of Elliot , ,Jones, Brewster , Woodburn and possibly Wilson . Like you I am sceptical about players shining in poor teams rather we were looking at some of the talent that has just failed to get promoted from championship when the dust settles on playoffs etc.

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Take your point ref English/British but is one of our problems a lack of homegrown players in our squad ? Good for the likes of Elliot , ,Jones, Brewster , Woodburn and possibly Wilson . Like you I am sceptical about players shining in poor teams rather we were looking at some of the talent that has just failed to get promoted from championship when the dust settles on playoffs etc.

That young Aarons from Norwich is English as is Ramsdale from Bournemouth. Aarons would give us cover for both flanks and Ramsdale would be a good option as back up keeper. I doubt Ramsdale would be up for that though, he'd want to go to a club where he has a massive chance of becoming No1, no chance at us. Aarons would be the player I'd be tempting. 

4 minutes ago, thegreatelephant said:

was thinking Krul too as being a better back-up goalie and i think he would be decent in the domestic knock-outs at the very least. solid pair of hands and i think he'd move if offered an escape route from the Championship to a superpower

Adrian has ended up with 3 medals. Not sure how many Krul has got from his time in Holland but I'm sure he would like to have some even if he ends up being aback up keeper. 

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Adrian has ended up with 3 medals. Not sure how many Krul has got from his time in Holland but I'm sure he would like to have some even if he ends up being aback up keeper. 

i don't want to slag Adrian, but fucking hell- we can't have a repeat of that CL nonsense. still have not got over that fucking Athletico fiasco and shows the importance of solidity and brains at that level when someone has to step in. he now gives me the horrors.

22 minutes ago, thegreatelephant said:

i don't want to slag Adrian, but fucking hell- we can't have a repeat of that CL nonsense. still have not got over that fucking Athletico fiasco and shows the importance of solidity and brains at that level when someone has to step in. he now gives me the horrors.

Yep, and the Chelsea game too

Guest Pistonbroke
6 hours ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Not a huge Cantwell fan, Grealish and Madison much better players and they'd struggle to make our XI.

Only Norwich player we should be looking at is Jamal Lewis to cover for Robbo.

Max Aarons would be the sensible buy, Jamal Lewis is wank. 

Lewis from what I've seen isn't very impressive but it's not like it really matters who we buy to backup Robertson if that's what we decide to do. We just need a young live body there for a reasonable fee and he would fit the bill. We were interested in Kelly at Bournemouth too at some point but I bet they want to keep him as a replacement for Ake when he leaves. 

Watford will sell Sarr if they go down and I'd think about that. He'd probably go to a club where he'd play regularly but I think we'd be a great option for him. He could learn from the best here and not immediately be under pressure to perform. 

And we all know how much I like Grealish. Still think he'd be a good fit here as well but he'd have to have a decent relegation clause for it to be worth our while. Or Villa would have to do him a favour and not ask for a crazy fee. And then Cantwell and Buendia are kind of similar players to Grealish but less good. Wouldn't see the point with either of those two. 

Krul is a great shout as back up keeper. A good experienced pro with good pedigree.

Should Ali have an injury that keeps him out for 2 months or even an injury that keeps him out for a crucial qf Champions League game away at Bayern and Krul was in goal for us covering I wouldn't be scared shitless like with Adrian.