You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Picking at the relegation carcass

22 hours ago, Spring said:

Genuinely think Sane would be incredible in this team.

Completely irrelevant to the thread but just thought I'd bang it in here because I'm not conforming to the rules.

Are you hoping that man city get relegated? Are you Sane? 

I know this season has passed him by , but I think Jurgen would be fantastic with Sessegnon , he covers the Left back , Left midfield and Left forward roles and at @ £40/£50m he is relatively cheap !! ( one for the 'shitness' thread ) when compared to the £100m's talked about Sancho.

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I know this season has passed him by , but I think Jurgen would be fantastic with Sessegnon , he covers the Left back , Left midfield and Left forward roles and at @ £40/£50m he is relatively cheap !! ( one for the 'shitness' thread ) when compared to the £100m's talked about Sancho.

Andy Robertson does that in his sleep and he was only 8 million. 

• Upvote 1

There are few options this season. If you're looking at age and potential than there's Sessegnon obviously but to me he's a chalk on your boots winger in a 4-4-2 or a wingback. He's very young and could develop but I don't see how he fits our team. Seri and Anguissa are good but they don't make sense anymore and they'd still cost a lot.

Billing is huge and half decent but probably not good enough. Mooy's alright but he's 28. Cardiff have nobody.

Unlikely, but if Southampton were to get relegated, Bednarek would be worth a look and Redmond is talented as well.

The Echo did an article about this subject. They suggested Jonas Lossl the Huddersfield keeper for back up next season as he is available on a free. It's more than likely that Mignolet will leave.

Also is that Kongolo shite?. Just saw that Huddersfield bought him for a record fee from Monaco and he's a centre back who can also play left back. Haven't seen him so he might have been a disaster but Monaco generally flog decent players.

34 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There are few options this season. If you're looking at age and potential than there's Sessegnon obviously but to me he's a chalk on your boots winger in a 4-4-2 or a wingback. He's very young and could develop but I don't see how he fits our team. Seri and Anguissa are good but they don't make sense anymore and they'd still cost a lot.

Billing is huge and half decent but probably not good enough. Mooy's alright but he's 28. Cardiff have nobody.

Unlikely, but if Southampton were to get relegated, Bednarek would be worth a look and Redmond is talented as well.

Yeah, I thought about mentioning Redmond too. He's a weird one, sometimes he looks a very good player, similar to Sterling but not as good, other times he looks a bit of a nothing player and his end product is very inconsistent. He probably wouldn't be a bad squad option if he could score and create more goals. He's definitely got talent. That said, I haven't seen much of him this season,  observations are based more on previous seasons. 

17 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Yeah, I thought about mentioning Redmond too. He's a weird one, sometimes he looks a very good player, similar to Sterling but not as good, other times he looks a bit of a nothing player and his end product is very inconsistent. He probably wouldn't be a bad squad option if he could score and create more goals. He's definitely got talent. That said, I haven't seen much of him this season,  observations are based more on previous seasons. 

I think he's really skilled but the end product has not followed. A bit like Zaha, but a bit less talented. If they were on better teams they'd look a lot better.

19 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I'd rather have Jota if we're signing someone from Wolves. Would be ideal as a front three option.

Mind you I'd rather not sign anyone from Jorge Mendes ever because he's a fucking cancer on the game.

The amount we pay in agent fees is already ridiculous as it is.

• 7 months later...

It's about the time of the season when the relegation threatened sides start to become stranded from the rest of the pack. I'd say this year the best from the teams in danger are Doucouré and I doubt Villa get relegated but I think Grealish is spectacular. And then Ben White from Brighton if he counts. I like Max Aarons too, but he would have to improve his crossing.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Grealish is a brilliant player but you just know he is a grade-a cunt. 

This might be hyperbole, but I've rarely seen a British/Irish midfielder, or whatever he is, have such composure on the ball, be so good technically in tight spaces and have such perfect weight of pass.

I don't know if he'd be a great fit here because we tend to sign players who are very athletic, and he isn't that, but he still tracks back and tries hard to defend. He's just not a physical specimen like we tend to get.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This might be hyperbole, but I've rarely seen a British/Irish midfielder, or whatever he is, have such composure on the ball, be so good technically in tight spaces and have such perfect weight of pass.

I don't know if he'd be a great fit here because we tend to sign players who are very athletic, and he isn't that, but he still tracks back and tries hard to defend. He's just not a physical specimen like we tend to get.

Agreed.

The next Steven Ireland.

• Upvote 2