You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Picking at the relegation carcass

43 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Everton will push on next season. They’re only nine decent signings away from challenging for sixth. 

Only nine? There was a time when we needed only nine signings and we were getting into European finals.

I think of the players at the bottom 3 sessesgnon would have to be it as long term competition for Robbo *, then loan him out for a two year period at one club (so that they have more interest in investing their time in development) to see if he picks up again.

*I hear the club are aiming to shoehorn Adam Lewis into this position anyone know how he is getting on? Is he actually playing for the under 23's

There was little discussion on Adam Lewis the other day on another thread. If you search for his name, you should find it. 

Summary was that he's good offensively but is a little suspect defensively. Basically a left side TAA. Hopefully he makes the grade and saves us money to buy anyone in that position.

8 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

There was little discussion on Adam Lewis the other day on another thread. If you search for his name, you should find it. 

Summary was that he's good offensively but is a little suspect defensively. Basically a left side TAA. Hopefully he makes the grade and saves us money to buy anyone in that position.

Thanks, would be good to have another local lad with a real investment in the club.

1. Pope to replace Mignolet

2. Sessegnon not super convinced by him but Mane needs back up and if he’s as talented as people say maybe worth a punt

3. Taylor he’s already better than Moreno

4. Mitrovic fuck it... he’d make a better ‘Plan B’ than Origi

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

2. Sessegnon not super convinced by him but Mane needs back up and if he’s as talented as people say maybe worth a punt

Read those names back to yourself and end this nonsense. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Read those names back to yourself and end this nonsense. 

Would you not have taken Gini, Robbo or Shaq? You don’t want to spend too much on your back-up players. Mitrovic was probably the only ‘wild’ choice out of the four names, and i’d be okay to leave him out.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Would you not have taken Gini, Robbo or Shaq? You don’t want to spend too much on your back-up players. Mitrovic was probably the only ‘wild’ choice out of the four names, and i’d be okay to leave him out.

I wouldn’t have taken Robertson at the time, no. If we get to the summer and buy Pope, Sessegnon and whichever Taylor is your flavour of this month I’d be fucking livid.

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I wouldn’t have taken Robertson at the time, no. If we get to the summer and buy Pope, Sessegnon and whichever Taylor is your flavour of this month I’d be fucking livid.

I’m not passionate about any of the above players. I genuinely think Pope is a better goalie than Mignolet though.

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I’m not passionate about any of the above players. I genuinely think Pope is a better goalie than Mignolet though.

There’s hundreds of better keepers than the Mig unfortunately. We will need a back-up but there’s better players out there who should cost a lot less than Burnley’s second or third choice. I’d rather we spent the majority of what we’ve got on quality rotation options at the other end of the pitch. 

23 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

That's the thing though, isn't it. Klopp & his team will be looking for certain aspects of the player's game which fit and then look to bring through the other bits in time. He likes to ease the players in too, so if we do pick up a player or two from one of these teams, it's part of a plan & we'll be unlikely to see much of them in the first team before Christmas. 

1 minute ago, RobbieOR said:

Mitrovic but I reckon he could end up murdering someone 

A hot-headed Serbian centre forward training against a hot-headed Croatian centre back. 

What could possibly go wrong?

2 hours ago, Spring said:

Genuinely think Sane would be incredible in this team.

Completely irrelevant to the thread but just thought I'd bang it in here because I'm not conforming to the rules.

Bet you used to run with scissors when you were little as well 

On 01/04/2019 at 08:38, viRdjil said:

Where are Maguire and Heaton?