You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you want Europa League next season.....

old skool tom

If we don't get Champions League by winning the Europa?

I think we'd have a fucking great chance of title #19 if we're not involved any euro footy but would accept finishing top 4 & and CL participation next season.

Sadly (although it's his finest quality IMO) Jurgen hates losing (even at cards apparently) so we're probably gonna still try to finish in 5th or 6th

I think we'd have a fucking great chance of title #19 if we're not involved any euro footy but would accept finishing top 4 & and CL participation next season.

Sadly (although it's his finest quality IMO) Jurgen hates losing (even at cards apparently) so we're probably gonna still try to finish in 5th or 6th

Yarp. Let's put all them eggs in one basket. What could possibly go wrong. The EL is boring as fuck anyways.

So you think that if we are not good enough to win the EL and qualify for the CL, and we are not good enough to qualify for the EL by league finish, that we are good enough to win the title?

So you think that if we are not good enough to win the EL and qualify for the CL, and we are not good enough to qualify for the EL by league finish, that we are good enough to win the title?

Yes that's 100% correct.

If Vardy and co were in Europe,you think they'd be top?

If we were in Europe when we came 2nd,do you think we'd of finished second?

Klopp hasn't had a pre season or brought in one of his players yet turned us into a superb side since turn of year

The group format is crap as there are loads of weak teams in it and they tend to be from far flung places like Russia, Georgia, Kazakhstan and Armenia. The main thing you look for in the group draw is whether you will be drawn against one of these teams and whether the league fixture you have immediately after is a hard game.

Once the knockout stages are here it is good and I've really enjoyed the games this year. Plus sometimes if you are going the away matches it's more of an adventure than being in the Champions League as you will probably go the same places year after year.

• Upvote 2

Yes I do want the Europa league next season if we don't win the el but I want Klopp to approach it like BR did and blood the youngsters.We have a strong squad and can put out a second team that will do well in the el, league cup and fa cup.
  • Downvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Yes I do want the Europa league next season if we don't win the el but I want Klopp to approach it like BR did and blood the youngsters.We have a strong squad and can put out a second team that will do well in the el, league cup and fa cup.

Fuck that, Klopp does not need to approach anything like Rodgers did!! 

I have looked at the fixtures for WH, United, Arsenal and City. If we win all our games we could finish with 67. WH might get 10 points (draw with United) and finish at 66. Same for United, but I think LEI will beat them and they finish with 66 as well. Then we got Arsenal playing City and Nowrich. First nees a win to secure top 4 and Noreich to stay up. If they only win one they finish on 67. A lot of ifs but could be interesting.. But first LFC have to win though.

I have looked at the fixtures for WH, United, Arsenal and City. If we win all our games we could finish with 67. WH might get 10 points (draw with United) and finish at 66. Same for United, but I think LEI will beat them and they finish with 66 as well. Then we got Arsenal playing City and Nowrich. First nees a win to secure top 4 and Noreich to stay up. If they only win one they finish on 67. A lot of ifs but could be interesting.. But first LFC have to win though.

I did the same drawn out improbable fixture analysis at half time against Newcastle.

We won't win all our games so it's a nice waste of time but unrealistic. Would be made up with Europa next season, it's been good once we got far in the knockouts

If you want to be a top club and it not all just turn to shit after one great season, then having the seasoning to play twice a week at the same level is essential. Not to mention being upto speed and experienced in competing against quality European opposition.

This season has provided fuel for both and will stand us in great stead for the future, there's no point hoping to go backwards now we're moving in the right direction again. That's before you get into potentially taking another drop in the standard of players you can attract by not being in Europe at all.

• Upvote 1

Fuck that, Klopp does not need to approach anything like Rodgers did!!

Klopp won't get away with fielding weaker teams next season in the league if we don't win and would be well advised to approach the cup competitions like Rodgers did.This season we lost some points after Europa league games where he fielded strong teams, hopefully he's learnt his lesson for next season.

• Downvote 3