You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs

SlugTrail

4 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Wolves and Spurs will be fighting over signing Jorge Mendes clients if they appoint Gattuso.

I think the Wolves owner has shares in Mendes agency so Spurs will probably get the scraps with massive agents fees.

It gets better! What a pigs ear Levy is making of this. His reputation as the most canny of football chairman is surely in tatters over this?

Im almost wanting Benitez to get the everton job because I think he'd make a far better fist of Spurs than he would as everton manager.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

It gets better! What a pigs ear Levy is making of this. His reputation as the most canny of football chairman is surely in tatters over this?

Im almost wanting Benitez to get the everton job because I think he'd make a far better fist of Spurs than he would as everton manager.

Levy is not going to have managers running to the press bleating about money.  That's probably the only selection criterion her has.  Eddie Howe, come on down!

They should go for Rafa, a proven winner. The problem with spuds is that they have an magnificent stadium that will never have a great team to use it. Like the lottery winning family moving into a massive mansion and but still being crap cunts. If Kane goes they'll be in deeper shit. 

20210620_114917.jpg

Guest Alex_K
4 minutes ago, Butch said:

They should go for Rafa, a proven winner. The problem with spuds is that they have an magnificent stadium that will never have a great team to use it. Like the lottery winning family moving into a massive mansion and but still being crap cunts. If Kane goes they'll be in deeper shit. 

20210620_114917.jpg

Less like a lottery winning family, more like a family who is mortgaged to the hilt at 10x leverage waiting for a few % points change to tilt them over.

Kane's efforts at the Euros are hardly likely to have the big spenders queuing up at Levy's door. Not sure I would be that excited if it were suddenly announced he was on his way to Anfield. Even if he does have fitness issues atm his best years may well be behind him.  Great striker mind when he's in form.  

The reason Spurs have not approached Rafa, I reckon, is because of his outspoken character, not afraid to voice his displeasure at the owners, whether about money or other political matters within the club.

Levy took a huge chance on hiring Mourinho with the prospect of him winning one of the cups to tide them over. But it became so toxic and unworkable that just days before they were about to play the final, he pulled the trigger, as it would likely have locked Mourinho in further, along with a potential trophy bonus, so it was probably the lesser of two evils as he saw it. Added to that was the failure to get a top 4 place, which would have been a higher priority than either of the domestic cups.

Now they have to walk a very tight line between somebody compliant and the ability to get them to the CL which they absolutely need given the massive debt they have to pay off for their stadium. Rafa would certainly be their best bet on the latter, but would the former be a price they're willing to pay?

1 hour ago, magicrat said:

Kane's efforts at the Euros are hardly likely to have the big spenders queuing up at Levy's door. Not sure I would be that excited if it were suddenly announced he was on his way to Anfield. Even if he does have fitness issues atm his best years may well be behind him.  Great striker mind when he's in form.  

Yes, because no-one knows about Kane's qualities, and are aggressively monitoring him at the Euros to see what the fuss is all about.

There is no chance in hell his "best days are behind him"

2 hours ago, Butch said:

If Kane goes they'll be in deeper shit. 

20210620_114917.jpg

If i was them and got a offer of 100ml for Kane id snap City hand off. Kane ankles are fucked. They could nab Calvert Lewin and still have money for another midfielder

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

I suspect whoever buys Kane will base their decision on more than his performance at one tournament. He is the current golden boot of course.