You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs

SlugTrail

4 hours ago, Boss said:

I'm just happy he's out of contention for the United job. He'll probably bring in a few free transfers from Serie A and make them competitive again, but he's not going to do the damage there he could've done at United. 

I agree with that for the most part. I think we’re all glad he’s gone there and not to Utd. I think Levy will give him funds though, and I also think that’ll cause them problems further down the line after it goes tits up. 

Not a chance in hell of Spurs becoming title contenders in the next two or three years. 

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Who should Nuno manage, then, if he's a good manager but can't handle managing Spurs? If you can't manage Spurs, you can't manage a bigger club. 

Spurs is about the peak I'd expect for him, but he's certainly a good manager. But it's never going to work when neither the board, nor the players, actually want to commit to the project.

Nuno is a good manager and the problems at Spurs predate him. Kane did not want to play football at Tottenham - period - and Spurs started the season as a better team without him in it. Dele Alli they should have sold 3 or 4 seasons ago (as with a lot of that team then) & is finished as a decent player. Ndombele was an expensive and wretched signing. The defensive players that Nuno bought in (Romero; Emerson) had no pre season then were caught up in playing on S.A during the covid quarantine ban. So really he was on to a loser before he ever really began. Nuno’s final season at Wolves reminded me of Rafa’s final season here .. and moving over to Spurs tastes similarly to Rafa headed to Inter thereafter. Two ageing squads on a downward spiral. Conte & Levy will work for a few months possibly before the fireworks start. The gravest error Tottenham made was bringing Mourinho in, not Nuno.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

Nuno's not a good manager. 

I know 50-smarky-posts-a-day-have-an-opinion-on-everything is kind of your thing, but when your judgement leads you to conclude that a manager who took PSG to their first ever Champion's League Final did "fuck all" there and a manager who took Wolverhampton Wanderers from the Championship directly to back-to-back 7th/6th place Premier League finishes and a UEFA Cup Quarter Final is "not a good manager" it is probably time to reassess what constitutes managerial success.

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

I know 50-smarky-posts-a-day-have-an-opinion-on-everything is kind of your thing, but when your judgement leads you to conclude that a manager who took PSG to their first ever Champion's League Final did "fuck all" there and a manager who took Wolverhampton Wanderers from the Championship directly to back-to-back 7th/6th place Premier League finishes and a UEFA Cup Quarter Final is "not a good manager" it is probably time to reassess what constitutes managerial success.

I average about 7 posts per day, asshole.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The reason Tuchel has done well at Chelsea is because tactically he's one of the best in the world. Possibly the best right now. It's nothing he would have learned at PSG because at PSG the players essentially decide how the team plays.

Tuchel took PSG to a CL final and then won one at Chelsea. I dont think he's particularly tactically astute but I do believe he has developed a style that works well with players with massive egos and clubs where he has to tread carefully and mould them into a cohesive unit.

21 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Work out my average please, Stackster. 

Do Bjornebye’s as well. 

I’m interested in these stats. 

You 6.4

Him 26.3

Post per day avarage since joining.

Avarage posts to rep, including negs

You 1.9 posts per rep.

Him 3.1 posts per rep.

You're at least 50% better than him in a quarter of the time.

Interweb skillz.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You 6.4

Him 26.3

You 1.9 posts per rep.

Him 3.1 posts per rep.

Interweb skillz.

He asked Stacky to do it. Swot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, RobbieOR said:

He's done good jobs before but this seems a bit like Ancelotti going to Everton where its a job he hasn't really done before and is just taking the money before something better comes along. 

Yeah, I don't think he's guaranteed to be successful there. Clearly a massive step up from Mourinho and Nuno though.

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You 6.4

Him 26.3

You 1.9 posts per rep.

Him 3.1 posts per rep.

Interweb skillz.

These rep figures are all skewed anyway. I was a solid top ten poster on the old rep league table when reps and negs were weighted. Knocked off a few of the old big hitters to get there too. Those numbers disappeared when the site moved onto this server. I’m not bitter about it.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Staxysy is too busy being Staxsy to worry himself with lowely shite the likes I put myself through.

It's not really the point though, the Captain had clearly started a process of making Staxsie his bitch and you jumped in like a gimp in heat.

9 minutes ago, No2 said:

It's not really the point though, the Captain had clearly started a process of making Staxsie his bitch and you jumped in like a gimp in heat.

First question, how's thing generally?

Second, you thought about getting psychological help in the short, medium and long term and if not why is it beyond reach?

Third, kisses?

1 minute ago, Code said:

I like Conte! So Im not happy he’s going to Spurs, they will be fighting it out with Arsenal and the mancs for 4th I guess. 

I'm not sure Arsenal have it in their DNA to fight for anything. Conte should have a decent chance of getting them fourth. I don't mind him, though this will instantly change if he has any falling out/heated exchanges with Klopp.