You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs

SlugTrail

The point about Kane's legs going is probably fair, given how often he's been rushed back from injury. However, his range of passing is good enough that he could evolve into more of a 10 / second striker. Some of his best play in recent seasons has seen him used as a pivot for Son to run off. Either way, he's far from finished.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Spurs fans think Potter is a project manager and don’t want him. I think we could do worse than look at him if Juergen doesn’t want to extend.

I think Spurs fans should get their heads out of their arses and be reminded of the phrase “Beggars can’t be choosers”.

Potter isn't a good manager.

He's a good coach. To manage, you need gravitas, balls, the ability to lead a large number of people, and the tenacity to stick to your principles no matter how much external pressure is being placed on you.

He hasn't shown any of that, let alone for a global player like Liverpool.

Rodgers would have had the same things said about him had he stayed at Swansea a few more seasons.

26 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why would someone choose Conte for a re-build - he has never done it. 

I don't think he had much to do with transfers at either Juve or Chelsea (except bringing his boy Jorginho with him.)

Who, in your mind, has proven they can successfully rebuild a side?

Even if they're impossible for Spurs to get.

Obviously, current managers only, please.

And excluding Kloppo.

18 minutes ago, m0e said:

What is this based on?

He never seems to stay/last long at any club. He’s a strong character who knows what he wants and who he wants. He’ll probably make many and expensive signings to build the team he wants quickly. At some stage fall out with Levy and fuck off or be sacked. Which means Spurs have to start over again with a different manager and a different style.

In short, the lack of a long term strategy at Spurs, and the character of Conte.

3 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

He never seems to stay/last long at any club. He’s a strong character who knows what he wants and who he wants. He’ll probably make many and expensive signings to build the team he wants quickly. At some stage fall out with Levy and fuck off or be sacked. Which means Spurs have to start over again with a different manager and a different style.

In short, the lack of a long term strategy at Spurs, and the character of Conte.

So there's a problem with Chelsea and Inter "starting over" after winning the league?

Fuck me, what a problem that is to have.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Conte is a top class manager,Spurs can potentially be a top class club again. My view is that Conte would be the ideal manager to sell Kane and be allowed to use that money to rebuild. If he's allowed Spurs would improve massively,if he's not allowed then it's going to be typical Spurs.

I camt see spurs going back in for kane tbh

I reckon they will wait till the summer and get haarland.

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I didnt say that, I said he’ll probably make Spurs better short term and weaker long term. I dont think he’ll win the league with Spurs.

Weaker than they are now?

I don't really understand this narrative. It makes no sense, and there's no evidence to back it up 

This is all bit similar to Everton hiring Ancelotti to me. Conte wants to win trophies, but Spurs don’t really have much of that on their CV, likely because their directors and supporters wouldve been with a combination of attractive football and a top 4 finish. IMO they need to gamble on an unproven but promising manager. Like Dortmund did with Klopp and Tuchel. Graham Potter is that man IMO.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Conte is a top class manager,Spurs can potentially be a top class club again. My view is that Conte would be the ideal manager to sell Kane and be allowed to use that money to rebuild. If he's allowed Spurs would improve massively,if he's not allowed then it's going to be typical Spurs.

Conte won't sell Kane. Presumably, he's gone there with assurances Kane is staying and that he has money available to buy all the 32 year old wing backs and strikers he desires.