You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs

SlugTrail

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The only possible way we could sign Haaland, Mbappe, a player of that calibre, is if like the van Dijk transfer, they say they'll only sign for us. The second we're competing with other clubs for them two, we're out. 

We also got VVD while on high wages, he was far from our top earner.  Mbappe supposedly wants 600k per week doesn't he? Even if he says LFC only, I don't see that happening (and quite rightly too imo). I dunno what Haaland would want, but I don't see a world where he'd want to come in as anything but the top earner. 

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

You're right.

1. Gini. Became the best player in the world when we let him leave.

2. Suarez. Would have won the treble this season had we signed him.

3. Coutinho. Haven't replaced him since he left.

Everyone else is shite.

Not having those 3 on it, next.

12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

We also got VVD while on high wages, he was far from our top earner.  Mbappe supposedly wants 600k per week doesn't he? Even if he says LFC only, I don't see that happening (and quite rightly too imo). I dunno what Haaland would want, but I don't see a world where he'd want to come in as anything but the top earner. 

There won't he many centre backs in the world anywhere near VVDs weekly wages.

These mutliple 6 figure weekly salaries are usually reserved for attacking players, who win games.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, m0e said:

There won't he many centre backs in the world anywhere near VVDs weekly wages.

These mutliple 6 figure weekly salaries are usually reserved for attacking players, who win games.

According to a few reports online he's the 7th highest in the world on 200k per week. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't earn that much - there were loads of reports he was going to sign a 2nd contract, but I'm not sure he ever did. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

According to a few reports online he's the 7th highest in the world on 200k per week. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't earn that much - there were loads of reports he was going to sign a 2nd contract, but I'm not sure he ever did. 

I believe that's about right.

I doubt there are may other centre backs who make the top 50, let alone the top 10.

24 minutes ago, m0e said:

I believe that's about right.

I doubt there are may other centre backs who make the top 50, let alone the top 10.

He was 7th in defenders. Reported in quite a few places, although they could be copying each other. 

1. Matthijs de Ligt - £416,000-a-week

2. Thiago Silva - £300,000-a-week

3. Lucas Hernandez - £250,000-a-week

4. Gerard Pique - £220,000-a-week

5. Marquinhos - £216,000-week

6. Samuel Umtiti - £210,000-a-week

7. Virgil van Dijk - £200,000-a-week

8. Sergio Ramos - £200,000-a-week

9. Marcelo - £200,000-a-week

10. Harry Maguire - £190,000-a-week

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He was 7th in defenders. Reported in quite a few places, although they could be copying each other. 

I misread that as the Premier league initially, and as the 7th highest overall.

That list is absolutely insane.

De Ligt is on 400k a week!?

Maybe Juve can afford Haaland after all, eh @Jockey?

I wonder how the various taxes would impact on their take home pay.

4 minutes ago, m0e said:

De Ligt is the stand out one, the rest less mental (well maybe Siva too is fucking mental). It's easy to see why Juve are fucking skint, with that, Ronaldo and fuck knows who else. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

De Ligt is the stand out one, the rest less mental (well maybe Siva too is fucking mental). It's easy to see why Juve are fucking skint, with that, Ronaldo and fuck knows who else. 

Ramsey is meant to be on around 350k.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Hernandez is mental. Marcelo is mental. Hasn't started for them in 2 years. Umtiti?! Fuck me

9 minutes ago, m0e said:

This link gives the premier league top 60, we don't have one in the top 10. I dunno what city have done, but a few years back I saw a similar one of these where they had I think 8 players earning more than any Liverpool player and 12 more than everyone more than our top 3 (which was just after we gave mo, mane and firmino pay rises). It would seem they've given them pay cuts! Fucking chilwell 190k! This list also has thiago Silva on 110k, which is substantially less than the other, but maybe the 1st one is a year old when he was still on PSG cash.

https://amp-thenationalnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.thenationalnews.com/sport/football/the-60-highest-paid-premier-league-players-1.1156323?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#amp_ct=1624395330152&amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16243952883997&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thenationalnews.com%2Fsport%2Ffootball%2Fthe-60-highest-paid-premier-league-players-1.1156323

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, m0e said:

That's the transfer fee being spread out though, isn't it?

De Ligt cost them 80 million didn't he?

I'm pretty sure Ramsey went there on a free.  Still crazy money to give an injury prone player, knowing very few will ever be able to take him of your hands.  So much for the theory they snap up frees with the intent of selling on.

I'd guess De Ligt had all the big boys in for him and they had to persuade him.

2 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I'm pretty sure Ramsey went there on a free.  Still crazy money to give an injury prone player, knowing very few will ever be able to take him of your hands.  So much for the theory they snap up frees with the intent of selling on.

I'd guess De Ligt had all the big boys in for him and they had to persuade him.

Yes, he went on a free.  m0e means the signing fee spread over the contract and includied in his wage.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

If that de Ligt figure is right thats insane surely only Messi and Ronaldo are earning anywhere that not even Mbappe at PSG no wonder these clubs are pushing for a super league

That de Ligt number is not right. Pretty sure I read he was going to make the same as Dybala and there was a bit of a fuss from other older players about it. It is more like 240k a week I think.

That said - I think Rabiot is on close to that and he is a bit shit so...

51 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That de Ligt number is not right. Pretty sure I read he was going to make the same as Dybala and there was a bit of a fuss from other older players about it. It is more like 240k a week I think.

That said - I think Rabiot is on close to that and he is a bit shit so...

According to the guardian he earns a basic of €16m per season with add ons rises to €24m per season. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/18/matthijs-de-ligt-joins-juventus-from-ajax-75m-deal?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

According to the guardian he earns a basic of €16m per season with add ons rises to €24m per season. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jul/18/matthijs-de-ligt-joins-juventus-from-ajax-75m-deal?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I think the high end was leaked by his agent - my guess is that would be if Juve won the CL and he won the Golden Ballon in the same season.

The base is less than 16m a season - I think it ended up around 12mil

The smart move would be to give Graham Potter a go. He’s talented coach. Brighton’s squad bar a couple of players have no business being in the Premier League, and he has made them tough to beat and they play good football.