You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs

SlugTrail

12 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

City open with £100m for Kane. We may be playing a different sport. 

Not very patriotic from City putting a bid in for England’s  best player in the middle of a tournament…I wonder what whale arse Martin Samuel has to say about that ? 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

City open with £100m for Kane. We may be playing a different sport. 

That would almost certainly confirm Haaland to Chelsea, if not this summer then next.

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Based on what? His last two games for England? Was he shit for Tottenham last season? 

Yep to both, but less of a yep for the second one.

Plenty of injuries. Scoring lots of penalties. Team built around him and still only managed 20 odd league goals.

2 hours ago, Jockey said:

It wouldn't! At £65m it would not guarantee anything. Loads will be in for him. 

I seen it rumoured Chelsea are prepared to pay 154 million for Halaand this year. Probably a jarg rumour but you can believe it when it comes to that fucking gangsters club. The Russian treats buying players like top Trumps.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I seen it rumoured Chelsea are prepared to pay 154 million for Halaand this year. Probably a jarg rumour but you can believe it when it comes to that fucking gangsters club. The Russian treats buying players like top Trumps.

I can! That is how I can see him ending up at Chelsea - but I hope that there is a plan for Haaland that doesn't include leaving this year.

2 hours ago, Jockey said:

It wouldn't! At £65m it would not guarantee anything. Loads will be in for him. 

That's what you say.

I say he's off to Chelsea.

And more importantly, he's definitely not off to City if Kane ends up there.

Edit - incidentally when you say "loads" (based on having to 'only' pay 65mil, which is likely up front),  who are these clubs exactly?

Edit 2 - and yes, I'm also assuming he'll 'only' demand 300k a week

25 minutes ago, Baresi said:

Kane was the best player in the league last season. To say his form has dipped and he’s on the wane, is absolute horseshit. If he goes to city, he’ll easily score 30+ goals next season. 

Not if you Ignore the actual facts, and go on feelings instead.

Which City don't seem to be doing.

1 minute ago, m0e said:

That's what you say.

I say he's off to Chelsea.

And more importantly, he's definitely not off City if Kane ends up there.

I agree with the second bit. Although they could afford both - I just think the £65m is there to attract the big clubs. And I can see Madrid forking that much for him. 

1 minute ago, Jockey said:

I agree with the second bit. Although they could afford both - I just think the £65m is there to attract the big clubs. And I can see Madrid forking that much for him. 

There is no fucking way Madrid are paying that. If they can afford it, they're in for Mbappe.

Who else makes up the "loads"?

5 minutes ago, m0e said:

There is no fucking way Madrid are paying that. If they can afford it, they're in for Mbappe.

Who else makes up the "loads"?

PSG, United, Barca, Munich, Juventus - at £65m it may be us. I think you will be right if Mbappe is on a free - that would seem to be a given, but if he does sign a new contract with PSG then maybe not. There is a world of difference between £65m and what Mbappe would go for. 

I can see Chelsea struggling this year - that will not help them.

3 minutes ago, Jockey said:

PSG, United, Barca, Munich, Juventus - at £65m it may be us. I think you will be right if Mbappe is on a free - that would seem to be a given, but if he does sign a new contract with PSG then maybe not. There is a world of difference between £65m and what Mbappe would go for. 

I can see Chelsea struggling this year - that will not help them.

You're ignoring his salary and signing on fee.

All due respect, I think you're way off here.

He's not going to go to France, the Spanish are broke, and Bayern won't touch his fee with a barge pole.

As for Juve - hahahahahaha