You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs

SlugTrail

Guest Pistonbroke

Completely agree on the guessing thing! I haven't got a clue what will really happen!

Klopp is going to tempt him.......I'd have the large jawed bugger at the drop of a hat. 

No idea why Pochettino would go to the Mancs. Think he will go to Real or Barca eventually though

Real seems more likely. He played for and managed Espanyol. If he's got any sense he won't go anywhere near them until he's at least 55 for a pay day.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke

Real seems more likely. He played for and managed Espanyol. If he's got any sense he won't go anywhere near them until he's at least 55 for a pay day.

If he has any sense he'll stay at Spurs for one more season and wait for Pep or Conte to bomb. 

That stadium is going to cost about 750m. That's a serious amount of wedge to pay off over the next few years.

Once they've paid that off they will become a serious force so it will be a total disaster if they win the league this year.

But Kane will fuck off at the first serious offer. He's a Gooner isn't he.

If he has any sense he'll stay at Spurs for one more season and wait for Pep or Conte to bomb.

Why does it make more 'sense' to go to City or Chelsea? The money? I'd have more respect for him, and would suggest it makes more 'sense' regarding personal achievement, to stay and try and continue what he's doing at spurs.

Difficult one for Pochettino and Kane for that matter,

Spurs are quite likely to find it more difficult next season, I don't see them getting more points especially with the CL on the agenda and 70-75 points wont see them 1st or 2nd again, In fact it may not even get them top 4. Good argument to say they should move on whilst Spurs are punching above their weight  

That stadium is going to cost about 750m. That's a serious amount of wedge to pay off over the next few years.

Once they've paid that off they will become a serious force so it will be a total disaster if they win the league this year.

But Kane will fuck off at the first serious offer. He's a Gooner isn't he.

They'll be paying that stadium off for maybe 10 years, Sure there's lots of money in football now but 750m isnt chcken feed. Plus they have to service the team to stay competitive and attract quality players.

if they get it right, they will be a force possibly along with west ham. That's why we need to up our game as well. Stand still and we will be fucked.

• 3 weeks later...

"Tell me, Dad, about the famous season of 2016."

"Ah, yes, son, it was a brilliant season, that one!  The season we challenged for the title.  We ended up only 11 points back, just missed out."

"Err.... but we did beat Arsenal, then, innit?"

"Never mind that, it was a season for the ages, that season."

They finished 1 (one) point ahead of 2014 when they finished 6th and were beaten 9-0 over the 2 games against us.

They finished 4 points ahead of a lazy, poor City and behind a usually disappointing Arsenal.

They had an average Spurs season. Just because a lot of of the other top clubs had below par/poor/shocking seasons does not mean that 70 points in the league and no real progression in cup competitions is a successful season.

Arsenal have had a better season, and their muppet supporters are looking for their owner's and manager's heads.

• 5 years later...

Think this thread is the closest we have to a general Tottenham thread.

Some goings on over there today. First they bring in Fabio Paratici from Juve as DOF, no clue how good he is because of all the shenanigans there but maybe he's good at his job?

Then came rumours that they'd locked up Paulo Fonseca, which ... meh? Did well at a couple of small clubs, then finished fifth and seventh with Roma including a Europa semi-final berth, so OK, I guess. Nothing for us to worry about but not terrible.

But today, it's all blown up. Apparently when Gattuso was sacked from Fiorentina, after it came to light that he only wanted to sign Mendes clients, Mendes gives Paratici a call and all of a sudden Spurs' interest in Fonseca has cooled and now they're desperate to sign ... Gattuso? The same Gattuso who's been sacked or resigned in disgrace from every managerial position he's ever had?

Now Spurs fans are trying to block the appointment via a twitter hashtag, given he has a long history of sexist, racist comments. I hope they bring him in, to be honest. Not that Spurs are really a threat right now but I'm always in favour of opponents making bad decisions.

Fabio Paratici makes no sense to me, haven't Juve spent the last 10 years been cheap bastards and signing older vets on big money free transfers. Can't see that going well with Levi wanting to sell on players and having a large stadium debt