You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle at home - Rafa's return - 23/04/2016

Expect a team similar to the Bournemouth game and with Newcastle fighting for their lives, itll me a much tougher game.

Cant say id be too arsed. Hope Rafa keeps them up.

Id be quite happy to see Jurgen play all the ressies. Because....

A/ Id like to see Rafa keep them up.

B/ For the look on Fat Sam's face and the ensuing apoplectic rage that will consume him.

C/ I think we are too far back to get 4th.

D/ With the ridiculous amount of Injuries we are picking up. we need to protect all the first team For the Europa Semi's.

• Upvote 5

His first time back since Suarez bit the Serbian tank, isn't it? Remember after when he claimed he hadn't seen it? Good lad, Rafa.

Hope he gets a great reception but as others have said, a bumming for Newcastle please.

That said, Bournemouth well and truly had the buckets and spades out on Sunday so it very much depends on the team we put out after playing Wednesday.

B/ For the look on Fat Sam's face and the ensuing apoplectic rage that will consume him.

D/ With the ridiculous amount of Injuries we are picking up. we need to protect all the first team For the Europa Semi's.

This is exactly how I feel.

Aye.

I wouldn't give Sturridge more than 30 minutes and I hope Allen is nowhere near the pitch at any time.  If he went down right now that would pretty much end any hopes we could field a midfield capable of beating Villareal or Sevilla in the next month or so.

This. This, this, this, this, this. It would be like Neil Warnock times 1,000.

Even if Klopp says we're not rotating to save players for the EL, it's pretty obvious that the "1st eleven" are doing the weekday fixtures (with the derby added in) and a lot of changes are then implemented following weekend.

Vs Villareal I think we'll see;

-------------------Mignolet---------------------

--Clyne----Lovren---Sakho-----Moreno--

------------------Lucas--------------------------

---------Milner-----------Allen-------------------

---Lallana-----Firmino-------Coutinho----

which means that those players having played a lot recently will be rested against Newcastle. I think we'll line up something like this tomorrow;

--------------------Ward------------------------

---Randall--Toure--Lucas? ----Smith---

------------------Stewart----------------------

-------Milner?-------------Allen?------------

--Ojo-------------Sturridge-------------Ibe--

Are Skrtel or Caulker fit? If so, I think Lucas will be on the bench or be moved into midfield. I guess one or two of Lucas, Milner and Allen won't play, but there aren't many viable alternatives. Don't think Klopp will risk not having a senior head next to Stewart, otherwise both Brannagan and Chirivella would have been feasible options. Milner's engine seems to never take a break, but I'd be tempted to rest him tomorrow. Lallana might be an option in that case. Rest of the team picks itself, more or less.

I would have liked us to look (and be) a little stronger at the back, as I still think we can make 4th (if we win our remaining matches). Think this will be a tight game if my suspicion about the line-up is right, but we will create chances against this Newcastle team, even if Rafa's got them running more and looking a bit more solid.

There's been very little drop off in quality when Klopp's rotated, but maybe 17-0 was overly optimistic from me.

15-0 will do.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see both north east teams go down, for obvious reasons.  A convincing win will mean we've got up a head of steam - confidence will be coursing through the veins of the players, the Villareal tie becomes more winnable, and we stand a good chance of finishing 5th and an outside chance of 4th.  

Lots of goals please chaps.  For us.

• Upvote 4